Sign in to follow this  

YAY!!!!! I am so happy for you! that is amazing and everything looks gorgeous! Were you able to get everything through customs? Like the freeze dried rose petals?

I'm so glad your wedding turned out so wonderful Brooke!! Congratulations!!! Looks like the weather turned out to be beautiful! Did there end up being any rain on your wedding day?

Congrats to the new Mrs. Moulten. You look gorgeous and it looks like you guys had a blast.

Janelley100- thanks for the info. I was reading through previous posts and saw that you had some difficulties with a certain "certified destination wedding" TA. I also signed up for with this site. Since I was planning for 2011, they told me they couldn't get any pricing, etc for any resorts because it was too soon. Also the particular TA I was assigned to didn't have anything nice to say about MP. My future in-laws have been going there for years and love it though, so obviously we trust their judgement over some random TA we don't know. So anyway I have been in contact with MP directly in getting our wedding date and time reserved. I was thinking abnow out emailing this TA now to see what kind of rates he could get, but after reading what you've went through and the fact that he was not keen on MP to begin with was thinking about giong elsewhere or just directly through MP. Did you find that the TA found your guests better prices? That's kind of what it seems like through this site.

Ashnic2005- I'm glad to hear that you are having no difficulties booking directly through MP. I'm just worried that my guests may need that guidance with booking that a TA can give. That way they could do flights through them as well.

I'm so undecided. I guess I have time though to figure it out.

When you ladies sent out your STD's did you include contact info for your TA's and/or your wedding website with info for booking info?

I feel like I should probably include this info somehow so that people know what to expect as far as pricing so as they can start saving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lndrn2004 View Post
When you ladies sent out your STD's did you include contact info for your TA's and/or your wedding website with info for booking info?

I feel like I should probably include this info somehow so that people know what to expect as far as pricing so as they can start saving.
Yes, I did. That is why I sent out the save the dates close to a year in advance so that guest would know the cost and start saving for the trip. On my save the dates I put the wedding website. However, on the website was Janina's (Miami Office) information so that they could contact her directly.

Good Luck in your decision. I think it will work out either way.

Ashley

Congrat's Mrs Moulton!!!! Makes me even more excited now!!

Where did you purchase the fake flowers? And did you use MP photographer?

Hi Everyone-

I got the petals through customs no problem, I had my recipts ready but never had to show them to anyone-- we got the green lights!!

I got the flowers from Realistic Silk Wedding Flowers, Natural Touch and Silk Bridal Bouquets and Stephania did amazing. If you contact her let her know that Brooke sent you- she was awesome with me and making the changes that I had asked for! I got 4 boutineers, my bouquet and 3 wristlets for around $179!!! They still look as good as when I got them.

I let my family and friends take photos and used the videographer from Moon Palace and they did awesome putting it together. A++

Quote:
Originally Posted by lndrn2004 View Post

I got a Travel Agent and included just her info because they can negotiate the good rates AND get you all of your freebies which came in unbelieveably handy!

Hi ladies! I'm new to the board and am really needing some direction. I've come across the Moon Palace's website and thought their wedding packages and resort looked absolutely amazing.

We are planning to get married next summer (late June/early July 2011). However, I really don't know where to start with booking. I e-mailed the wedding coordianators at the MP for info about the resorts, but am waiting to hear back still.

We'd prefer to go through a travel agent to help arrange travel plans, but my FH was told by an agent that she couldn't help us this early since rates haven't been set for next year.

I'm feeling a little bit overwhelmed and want to get started soon - I do special event planning for living and I'm very excited to start planning our wedding :)

We'll probably have about 50 guests - HELP :)

Thanks!!