Quote:
Originally Posted by indy_chic View Post
OMG - I'm getting sooo annoyed!!! My other "problem" is that I have a few guests who are staying at another Palace Resort . As per my WC, this room does count towards the MP incentive . But of course my TA is telling me something else??

Any ideashuh.gif
does count or doesn't count?? I would assume that it does not count, but I could be wrong. Honestly they should count those rooms bc guests ARE staying at one of their other Palace resorts. Good thing is you do NOT have to pay a day pass for them!!! BUT the TA should fight that for you!!

My problem was that people wanted to book through expedia and those sites and were saying they were getting cheaper rooms. SO we contacted our TA to fight to get our rooms cheaper and she was somewhat slow on responding to our request, so we ended up arguing and receiving a better deal. Our TA did come through for us, but I get so annoyed at TA the reason why we have them is to have less stress on our hands and I sometimes feel more stressed then anything.

That was me venting!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back and forth all day with emails - ZERO resolution , my frustration is thru the roof. Because we have purchased an all inclusive package provided by a tour operator but purchased thru our TA - NO ONE will include this in their contract .

My other concern is that since we've booked our travel , the promotion has changed but what if it changes again or worse they remove the promotion and I have nothing in writing and my TA nor the tour operator will give my anything in writing.

The kicker was when she said "the resort is entitled to make any changes they see fit" .... thank god for lawyers LOL

FYI new promotions below - this has changed since we booked our travel in November.

5-9 rooms or 15 room nights= 1 cocktail party for guests after wedding ceremony

10 to 20 rooms or 30 room nights= 2 complimentary nights + 1 cocktail party for guests after wedding ceremony

21 to 25 rooms or 60 room nights= 4 complimentary nights + 1 private function

25 or more rooms or 75 room nights= 7 complimentary nights + unlimited private functions + one room upgrade to the next available room category (subject to availability)

Sorry you're having so many problems. for our wedding myself and our guests have just used any travel agent or website we've found which is cheapest. Booking direct with the MP was sooooooooooo expensive and i don't think the benefit of having free events is worth the extra costs to all my guests. We have 26 people coming to the wedding who are staying at the MP (most for about 10 days) so really we should be entitled to all the frills, but i can't be bothered to fight for it!

Sorry you're having so many problems. for our wedding myself and our guests have just used any travel agent or website we've found which is cheapest. Booking direct with the MP was sooooooooooo expensive and i don't think the benefit of having free events is worth the extra costs to all my guests. We have 26 people coming to the wedding who are staying at the MP (most for about 10 days) so really we should be entitled to all the frills, but i can't be bothered to fight for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMsMoulton View Post
Indy_Chic- I feel your frustration all the way-- I so wish I had picked a different resort.
nooooooo. dont say that! i hope you have your dream wedding that will make you forget about all the scheduling and correspondence shenanigans

FutureMsMoulton - I was feeling exactly like that until this weekend! I was literaly saying....I wish we would have picked another resort. Then we finally got things cx'd with our previous TA and rebooked with Tammy. OMG - She got us a WAY better deal. Saved me over $800! Now, keep in mind that I am not fighting for a bunch of free events...I just don't want the stress of it and we don't really have tons of guests coming.....something around 15 people plus us. So we plan on having a "Meet us at the Rooftop bar" the night before and the reception dinner at one of the restaurants the evening of the wedding (by using the free reservation).

However, even IF I wantd to fight for the free promotions...I would still go for using Tammy as the TA because after emailing her quite a few time times and speaking with her on the phone (more like interrogating her...LOL) she is VERY knowledgable about Moon Palace and knows how to encourage them to accomodate brides.

Goodluck...and thank you all for listening to me the other day. I am so glad I dumped the old TA and got with the new! YIPPEE!!!!!!!!