Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

I just got engaged in Dec and was thinking a destination wedding would be easy. I was thinking I could plan everything quickly but WOW all of this wedding planning is a lot. I'm glad for all these post and info they help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am very early in planning and in dealing with the Miami WC for Palace Resorts, but I would be more than willing to attempt to answer any questions I can.  As far as dealing with the wedding coordinators, its really just patience.  Some times they will email you back in a day, sometimes it takes 6-10 days.  If you requested a wedding date via the website, someone will eventually contact you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



I had a similar reaction!!! the email back and forth can get taxing- but with a backdrop like MP- it's worth it :)

Originally Posted by kimbos View Post

I just got engaged in Dec and was thinking a destination wedding would be easy. I was thinking I could plan everything quickly but WOW all of this wedding planning is a lot. I'm glad for all these post and info they help.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

call the Miami office. Emailing takes long to get a reply.
 

Originally Posted by SZanjan View Post

Can anyone help a newly engaged newbie with information or pictures of Cancun Palace? We are planning to have our legal ceremony at home then head to Cancun Palace for a symbolic ceremony and expect approximately 50 of our 165 invited guests to come. We will want a semi private rehearsal dinner Friday and a ceremony and private reception Saturday night. I am having trouble getting a response. I have emailed my request and also emailed the Miami office with no response...Please help! We want an October wedding so I need to hurry 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


They send you a check after your stay is complete.  It took me almost 3 months to get my check.  Most of the delay was my fault I guess, but they are in no hurry to send out the money if you don't pester them about it.  At first I expected it to just show up on my credit card statement, and so I think I waited about 2 or 3 weeks before I even emailed the WC in Miami.  They stalled for a while...one time even telling me the check would be mailed the next Monday.  After they told me that, I forgot about it again for a few weeks.  When I emailed them again, they waited 4 days to respond, apologized & told me the check had been mailed out the day before.  That time I did get it within a day or two.  As with most correspondence with MP, it's slow, but in the end you get what you were promised!

Originally Posted by JennW818 View Post

Does anyone know when/how Palace Resorts typically provides a refund for comp room nights earned via the group contract?



 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Great Q~ and thanks for the response.....never really thought about how long it would take!
 

Originally Posted by Leigh17 View Post


They send you a check after your stay is complete.  It took me almost 3 months to get my check.  Most of the delay was my fault I guess, but they are in no hurry to send out the money if you don't pester them about it.  At first I expected it to just show up on my credit card statement, and so I think I waited about 2 or 3 weeks before I even emailed the WC in Miami.  They stalled for a while...one time even telling me the check would be mailed the next Monday.  After they told me that, I forgot about it again for a few weeks.  When I emailed them again, they waited 4 days to respond, apologized & told me the check had been mailed out the day before.  That time I did get it within a day or two.  As with most correspondence with MP, it's slow, but in the end you get what you were promised!



 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was the full refund for our room (we earned 7 nights free). cheesy.gif

 

I never had to argue about the amount.  It was only the delay in receiving it that was the problem.
 

Originally Posted by merrylee View Post

do you get a refund for both you and your husbands nights stay or just one person?



 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



ooh girl... i've heard mixed reviews on this. I have heard some people have a pretty easy process with it...and then others have to defend their benefit of getting the refund and waiting several weeks. I don't know the process yet. I am using the comp nights to stay an additional week for the honeymoon at another palace resort...so i've asked them to apply the comp nights to that.

Originally Posted by JennW818 View Post

Does anyone know when/how Palace Resorts typically provides a refund for comp room nights earned via the group contract?



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×