i would love a review/video also. we booked the harpist. my w/c sent me a pretty sorry list of songs they will play for you, so we picked our own songs and sent her the sheet music. the harpist said they would learn all the songs. hope they do a good job! eek

i have seen a few people briefly mention that the harpist/trio etc sounded nice and ive seen a few glimpses in some wedding pictures. i know cutie rosie had like a full blown orchestra at her beach wedding, so that might be a good place to look.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had the Mexican Trio play at our cocktail hour after the ceremony. I barely got to hear them though since we were down at the beach taking pictures while they were playing for our guests. Poeple did say they liked them. I don't think they stayed the full hour though, but it was nice to have the live music at the cockatil hour. Sorry I don't have any video of them.

Well ladies,

We are packed and ready to leave bright and early tomorrow morning. I am a bit bummed that the weather report shows rain, rain and more rain for the entire time we are down there. Yuck! Say a little prayer for sunshine!

Thank you all for all the wonderful ideas and great questions you've brought to the forum in the past several months. We couldn't have done all this planning without your input. As soon as we return I promise to post a full review.

Thanks again and wish for sunshine!!!

Chelle

Good luck, Chelle! Hopefully your weather will be as good as ours was. The weather reports promised 60-70% chance of thunderstorms everyday for our stay (& Tropical Storm Alex was supposed to hit while we were there). It rained maybe a half hour each day for the first few days & really didn't interfere with anyone's plans. Everytime I've been to that part of Mexico, the rain showers come in & then leave quickly. Have a wonderful time!

Hey.. Do not worry about the rain. My wedding was on July 3 and the entire week showed 60% of rain. It hardly rained and when it did, it lasted for like one hour or so. No worries! In fact, the day of my wedding there was a 60% chance of rain and our wedding was scheduled to be outdoors completely. I took the chance and had it outdoors... it rained for like 5 mins in the beginning of our recept. and like a few drizzles at the end!

I am going to write my review.. but if anyone has any questions just pm me!

Good luck!

Leigh17...congratulations! I absolutely loved Moon Palace and everything. All my guests were super happy.. Although, my wedding lasted until 10 30 and then we planned on going to the club after...they shut down alcohol until Monday afternoon. It was terrible.. My guests were pissed...we were running around to each room grabbing the alcohol in the rooms. This was my only complaint and they will be hearing from me, because at their other resorts they allowed alcohol to be served!

Where did you go for your honeymoon?

Jodimichelle: I'm glad you had a great time too. I'm working on my review, but I have my AHR this weekend so I probably won't get it done this week.

The no alcohol ban for the elections was very annoying. One of my guests (a few days earlier in the week) mentioned that it was the law in Mexico not to serve alcohol the day before, the day of & the day after elections, but I couldn't imagine they would enforce it at the resort. We were just as surprised as you when we tried to get a drink at the bar Saturday afternoon. My parents had alcohol delivered to their suite from room service. I don't know why they would do that but not serve it at bars. I guess we were lucky that we left Sunday so the temporary alcohol ban didn't affect us much.

We didn't go on a Honeymoon. I originally thought one week of vacation would be plenty, and we could take a Honeymoon in December. But once the 7 days were up, I was sad that my vacation only lasted a week. I didn't get near enough time just to hang out by the pool.

Good luck Chelle, I am sure you will have a fab time!! I am so excited for you, can't wait for your review!! All the best xx

Ps. If anyone wants to hear demos from the Mexican Trio, go to Los Ornelas and you can hear demos and see their playlist. I have asked my WC for demos of the harpist and mariachi too but wont be able to hear those until I arrive at MP so if any of you can help me, please do so xx