Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asbarret View Post
well, i hope the new passport is awesome...i just have my doubts and smell trouble. i just see them saying "oh, you can't use it for this, or this, or that" after we get there. its cool that you could apply some to spa, but we were already getting a 300 spa/golf credit anyway with unlimited tours. that just sounded like a better deal to me
I'm suspicious too, but the new passport promotion is replacing the old one. So the old one doesn't exist anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah the website says:

 

It will not be extended to travelers on: Famtrips, travel agent or employee rates, complimentary, incentive or compensatory stays.

 

It is not valid on the "travel agent rate" meaning when travel agents go visit the resort they get a special price, it doesn't mean that if you book through a travel agent you do not get it.

 

Also has anyone had their reception on Terraza Mar? It is a new terrace in the grand section. My WC recommended it but I was nervous b/c the other place that would fit my group is the Lake terrace. The Lake terrace is close to the water and I wanted it close to the beach, but she didn't recommend that to me....any thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapsappyhappy View Post
Yeah the website says:

It will not be extended to travelers on: Famtrips, travel agent or employee rates, complimentary, incentive or compensatory stays.

It is not valid on the "travel agent rate" meaning when travel agents go visit the resort they get a special price, it doesn't mean that if you book through a travel agent you do not get it.

Also has anyone had their reception on Terraza Mar? It is a new terrace in the grand section. My WC recommended it but I was nervous b/c the other place that would fit my group is the Lake terrace. The Lake terrace is close to the water and I wanted it close to the beach, but she didn't recommend that to me....any thoughts?
Another bride (Ashnic maybehuh.gif) posted a picture of the Terraza Mar and it is gorgeous!

I really want an outdoor reception near the water but I'm especially concerned about mosquitos. My wedding is at 6pm and I don't want my guests to be the main course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i remember my WC telling me that a few of the grand side terraces do not allow dancing due to weight restrictions. dont know if its terrza mar or not...

 

i think there is a pic of it on the wedding reception site thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by anabrina View Post
I'm suspicious too, but the new passport promotion is replacing the old one. So the old one doesn't exist anymore.
i understand that. im saying i wish they didn't change it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by asbarret View Post
i understand that. im saying i wish they didn't change it.
If you look at the Aventura Spa Palace thread this is what one bride posted...

Ok, so my TA contacted Yesenia in Miami and according to them, this new deal is taking over the original $300 incentive for booking 3 nights. So if your guests have already booked 3 nights, they will no longer get $300 to be used towards spa, gulf and tours; they will instead receive $750. If guests book minimum 5 nights, they will receive $1500. The $1500 can be used towards spa,tours, gulf, a romantic lobster dinner for 2, wine tasting AND even part of your wedding package. I think this is so much better and hopefully will persuade more people to book!

So our groups do get it. Hopefully. So exciting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok Ladies...

 

I am very confused at this moment!

 

I booked my trip in 2008 with a TA. So are we receiving the OLD palace passort savings or the new?

 

I don't know what is the difference, but I am assuming the tours are no longer free??

 

Please explain the- NEW $15,000 0r $1,500 ?

 

Some girls were discussing mosquitos and getting married on the beach or having their reception on the beach..

 

I will let you know how it goes.. My wedding is July 3. It is approaching. We are having a beach ceremony and a reception on the tucan terrace i believe!

 

I heard about mosquito problems near the golf course..I do not believe people have been complaining about this issue.. Unless i missed something!??!?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsylou View Post
oh damn. i need to sort out the sand ceremony too, and get sashes for the chairs (but just for the ones when you walk down the aisle, to add a bit of colour.

oh no, what happened with the GM's clothing??
x

Hi orionandmari072510, you get married 5 days before us (on the day we arrive!) what time is your ceremony? how long will you be at MP for? good luck! x

Hello.. The groomsmen clothes run small i guess.. lol We have to reorder pants!

I am having Decor compnay do the sahses on the chairs for the ceremony. They are charging me 3 a piece.. and we are only doing the isle chairs ,,


I have a question for all.. My guys are wearing a pistachio green and my grils are in a coral/salmon color dress..

Will it look funny if we plan on having silver and white fabric for the huppa and silver sashes for the chairs..huh.gif I am afraid the green color they have won't look good , plus i feel like green will over power everything.. and they don't seem to have a coral/salmon color fabric..
Or again. I am afraid it won't look good.

So anyoen know how much Sand to buy for the photo box?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodimichelle View Post
Ok Ladies...

I am very confused at this moment!

I booked my trip in 2008 with a TA. So are we receiving the OLD palace passort savings or the new?

I don't know what is the difference, but I am assuming the tours are no longer free??

Please explain the- NEW $15,000 0r $1,500 ?

Some girls were discussing mosquitos and getting married on the beach or having their reception on the beach..

I will let you know how it goes.. My wedding is July 3. It is approaching. We are having a beach ceremony and a reception on the tucan terrace i believe!

I heard about mosquito problems near the golf course..I do not believe people have been complaining about this issue.. Unless i missed something!??!?!


Sorry... I made a mistake it is $1,500 Vaction Dollars.

Miami office told me the Palace Passport will not be available after June 1 2010. If you are traveling after that date you will automatically get the new promotion. The promotions can change without out notice and Palace resorts has the right to give you something else of at least equal value.

You can use the Vacation Dollars for tours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×