Hey

i know the WC's dont contact you until 60 days before your wedding, but i also know you can send them details of everything you want, so they can look into it for you. i've got 6 months until my wedding and i have sorted most of the details now.

just send them an email with your details of your date and time of wedding and what you want (i.e. beach wedding location, cocktail reception location, menu, private event details location menu, photography package and photographer request etc etc) even if they don't reply, they'll keep it on your file and will try and get you what you request

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsylou View Post
Hey

i know the WC's dont contact you until 60 days before your wedding, but i also know you can send them details of everything you want, so they can look into it for you. i've got 6 months until my wedding and i have sorted most of the details now.

just send them an email with your details of your date and time of wedding and what you want (i.e. beach wedding location, cocktail reception location, menu, private event details location menu, photography package and photographer request etc etc) even if they don't reply, they'll keep it on your file and will try and get you what you request
Thanks for the tip! My wedding is still 10 months out, but I already know some things I want....I want to plan!

****I did just book Sascha Gluck for my photographer. I love his work and he is very reasonable. I had no qualms about booking him this far out. This is his website: Destination Wedding Photographer for Cancun and Riviera Maya and the rest of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by asbarret View Post
Thanks for the tip! My wedding is still 10 months out, but I already know some things I want....I want to plan!

****I did just book Sascha Gluck for my photographer. I love his work and he is very reasonable. I had no qualms about booking him this far out. This is his website: Destination Wedding Photographer for Cancun and Riviera Maya and the rest of the World
Asbarret: Good call booking Sascha Gluck. His work is beautiful! Have you seen the work from the resort photographers? I am really wanting some great pictures, and I am not sure if I am going to be completely happy with a resort photogs work.... You said Sascha is fairly reasonable? If you don't mind my asking, what sort of package did you choose?
Thank you! You are sure to get some beautiful pictures...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MookersLovesGrover View Post
Asbarret: Good call booking Sascha Gluck. His work is beautiful! Have you seen the work from the resort photographers? I am really wanting some great pictures, and I am not sure if I am going to be completely happy with a resort photogs work.... You said Sascha is fairly reasonable? If you don't mind my asking, what sort of package did you choose?
Sascha is very reasonable! I will pm you with prices, but we are talking thousands less than other quotes it received!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MookersLovesGrover View Post
Sascha is very reasonable! We are talking thousands less than other quotes I received...and his work is amazing. I will pm you with prices.

Sooo I 'm getting married at MP in April 2010 - I just received my first email from my WC last week as I was advised by the wedding sales exec. to expect an email no sooner than 3 months before my wedding date. So she sent me some vague information about meals, honeymoon breakfast and additional services but no mention of the wedding /reception location.

I sent her an email today to confirm (try) my ceremony and reception area. She tells me the area I want has already been booked?!!! WTF....how is this possible if you're not contacted until 3 months before the weddinghuh.gif This obviously isn't the case as I know alot of you have already had contact with your wc's - but fair is fair. If this is their policy this is what they should be following.

Any advice??

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy_chic View Post
Sooo I 'm getting married at MP in April 2010 - I just received my first email from my WC last week as I was advised by the wedding sales exec. to expect an email no sooner than 3 months before my wedding date. So she sent me some vague information about meals, honeymoon breakfast and additional services but no mention of the wedding /reception location.
I sent her an email today to confirm (try) my ceremony and reception area. She tells me the area I want has already been booked?!!! WTF....how is this possible if you're not contacted until 3 months before the weddinghuh.gif This obviously isn't the case as I know alot of you have already had contact with your wc's - but fair is fair. If this is their policy this is what they should be following.
Any advice??
I just sent them an email telling them that I'm frustrated with the whole process. I too was assigned to a gazebo and a private function area. I've been told that I cannot submit my ceremony script for my symbolic ceremony when other brides have. Mseddy just wrote about how well they said hers. The restaurant I wanted for my welcome dinner is not available because I have too many people and have read that other people had theirs there with MORE people. I do not qualify for the complimentary cocktail hours even though I have about 15 rooms booked. And have been told that since I am bringing down my bouquet they will order me the complementary flowers and I can assemble my own boutonneires with the flowers. Just what I want to do before my wedding. It sounds like I'm having a pity party, but I am just frustrated. I know it will all be fine and beautiful, but today I am just having a frustrated day! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asbarret View Post
Sascha is very reasonable! We are talking thousands less than other quotes I received...and his work is amazing. I will pm you with prices.
Hey please send me Sasha's work if you have it. Photographer right? I am not sure if I am going with the photographer on site, but I would liek to see options. Does anyone know where I can find the MP photographers pictures and if anyone has any complaints.I am sure i read up on the MP Photo. but I cannot seem to rem.

Thanks so much.

**Still Hoping to finish my Invitations sooon!