• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinbinea View Post
For the sand ceremony question - I have seen people use large shells to pyour the sand into the vase, and I have seen smaller shells used as the base - just a case of personal preference I guess.

the resort does offer waxing at the salon. (although personally I would rather have all that painful stuff done at home before my holiday :)

If you looking for honeymoon suggestions - I have heard secrets in fantastic but have never stayed there myself. I have stayed at the Excellence resort that is just down from the Moon Palace and I loved it. It's a much smaller resort than the moon palace so it might be a nice change of pace for you...

and as for your friends annoying you - I think that just comes with being a bride :) Hopefully its not too bad.
Thanks for some input. We have to decide soon. Ugh I am just over sensitive i guess. idk whatever I am not going to worry about it!

Quote:
Not sure if anyone on here can help with this or if I just need to be patient and wait for an answer from the resort.

Does anyone happen to know how many updo's the resort is able to handle for one wedding party? I have a total of 7 ladies(including me) right now that want their hair done for the wedding and I'm just curious if the resort can handle it or if I am going to have to start picking which bridesmaid can do their own hair and which should have a pro do it :)
I emailed the lady for the hair and makeup appointments already which she said she would confirm with me in Jan. I think I have like 5 doing hair and makeup and she didnt say they couldnt handel it. I just made sure that I made the appointments early enough incase they were running late. ( someone on a post here commented that they ran a little late) I also scheduled a hair trial for myself the day I arrive...my make up I can fix...my hair is another story :)

I think we should start a list of what we all "think" we need to do in order to plan our wedding.. Like how many months before we should be doing so and so..

For me:

About a year until my wedding- I sent out Save The dates

About a year until my weddingl- I began looking for my dress. It takes approx. 6 months to come in

Hoping to send out my invitations about 7 months before

Booking appointments etc.. How long in advance you think we need..I know we do not receive our WC until 4 months before, but what can we do until then?

I hope you girls don't think I am crazy... =)

Like to know what you ladies are up to now!

My wedding is in April:

12 Months before- Tried on dresses and ordered "the one"

9 Months before- Sent out STD

7 Months before- Got my dress

6 Months before- Worked on formal invites

4 Months before- Send out formal invites, get FI and groomsmen attire

3 Months before- Get OOT bags and legal documents together

1 Month before- Have hair and makeup trial (mom and BM doing these for me)

I'm probably missing a lot in between, but this is all I can think of for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo&delo2010 View Post
I emailed the lady for the hair and makeup appointments already which she said she would confirm with me in Jan. I think I have like 5 doing hair and makeup and she didnt say they couldnt handel it. I just made sure that I made the appointments early enough incase they were running late. ( someone on a post here commented that they ran a little late) I also scheduled a hair trial for myself the day I arrive...my make up I can fix...my hair is another story :)
Do you by any chance still have the email address?
I was just assigned my on site coordinator this week but she is away until November 30th. (so really I have just been assigned an email address I can send questions too and hope she responds in a couple weeks when shes back)

Thanks!!!!

Our Wedding is in February...

12mths before: Engaged - Informed everyone it would be a destination wedding in February

10mths before: Confirmed the date and time with the resort

9mths before: sent out save the dates

8mths before: Ordered my dress

6mths before: Ordered the bridesmaid dresses

3mths before: Emailed resort to start setting up private reception and other wedding details.

That's pretty much all I have done so far...

We didn't do formal invites - just added a line on our save the dates that said to RSVP on our website.

Quote:
For the sand ceremony question - I have seen people use large shells to pyour the sand into the vase, and I have seen smaller shells used as the base - just a case of personal preference I guess.

the resort does offer waxing at the salon. (although personally I would rather have all that painful stuff done at home before my holiday :)

If you looking for honeymoon suggestions - I have heard secrets in fantastic but have never stayed there myself. I have stayed at the Excellence resort that is just down from the Moon Palace and I loved it. It's a much smaller resort than the moon palace so it might be a nice change of pace for you...

and as for your friends annoying you - I think that just comes with being a bride :) Hopefully its not too bad.

We will probably be there at the same time since I get on on the 24th!! Have you come and said hi to all of us crazy girls in the Feb brides group yet?

As for the shells from what i have seen they have been in the bottom of the jar!

Planning A Destination Wedding Within A Year

12 Months before- Informed everyone it would be a destination wedding, began searching for “the” dress (&possibly order it)

8-10mths before: Confirmed the date and time with the resort, Sent Out STDS, ordered dress

6-7 Months before- Got my dress, Worked on formal invites, ordered bridesmaid dresses

4-5 months before- Sent out invitations, get FI and groomsmen attire

3 Months before- Get OOT bags and legal documents together, Emailed resort to start setting up private reception and other wedding details.

1 Month before- Have hair and makeup trial (mom and BM doing these for me)

THANKS GIRLS! THIS IS USEFUL INFORMATION..if anyone would like to add please do!