We got married this weekend, July 25, 2010, at Moon Palace and it was AMAZING!

Words cannot describe how beautiful it was and how everything went so smoothly and even the weather which turned out amazingly gorgeous! I will be writing up my review next!

We did the Mayan Ceremony package combined with the complimentary. We also got the free cocktail because of the amount of guests that booked and moved it to the Beach.

Everything worked out perfectly.

Ladies! Do not worry! Moon Palace is awesome and they do a GREAT job organizing weddings!

37559_823323860902_68119863_43907305_4304895_n.jpg

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you email me the Wedding collection too please??  Im getting married in 3 weeks in time at the Moon Palace Golf and Spa!!Thomas Cook are useless so Im having to do it all myself!!.... whats the different gazebos too do you have to book these in advance.  Wish id decided to stay in the UK after all now.

Also can anyone tell me if I need a Certificate of No Impediment??  The hotel say we just need

*passports

*birth certs

*Tourist Id

and the rest will be done for us??

My email address is claireanderson@rocketmail.com

orion, can you also add a review to the hotel/resort section on moon palace and the vendor section for your vendors?  it will really help future brides as well as give props to your vendors...the tabs are above...

here is the link to moon palace where you can review: http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/products/moon-palace-golf-spa-resort-all-inclusive 

Originally Posted by orionandmari072510 View Post

Check out our moon palace wedding review. I will be adding to this with more pictures over time.

Thanks,

Mari

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/thread/62655/moon-palace-mari-and-orion-mayan-tradition-wedding-review-07-25-2010

Ladies,

Finally got my review up....sorry it took a week longer than I thought.  Feel free to ask any questions.  I put a link at the bottom to a few of our photos....but there are so many more.  I'm at work right now, or I would post a ton of photos on the thread.  So sorry it isn't more colorful at the moment.  

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/thread/62652/janelley100-s-moon-palace-review-07-17-10#post_1379507    

check out the moon palace resorts wedding website. It shows all the packages. I think its www.palaceresortsweddings.com. We booked everything directly with the resort which helped a lot. If you are having problems with coordinators I suggest asking for another if you can. Moon Palace on its own was great and hassle free in regards to the wedding, We didnt have it so easy with spa and trip credits. That was harder to schedule and fit in for us. We had planned on 3 trips and only could enjoy 1 with the credit. My mother in law had to book her spa 3 days in advance because it was super booked when we arrived. Otherwise it was an easy do for everything else.

orion: do you remember which trips you can use the promotion dollars for, and which you have to pay for out of pocket? do you remember if deep sea fishing was available??

also, i know you can use 300 at the spa, but what about the salon??

im super paranoid about people not getting to do spa/excursions due to overbooking. i dont want anyone to be disappointed. im hoping that since we will be there in october, things might be a little slower...

Originally Posted by asbarret View Post

orion: do you remember which trips you can use the promotion dollars for, and which you have to pay for out of pocket? do you remember if deep sea fishing was available??

also, i know you can use 300 at the spa, but what about the salon??

im super paranoid about people not getting to do spa/excursions due to overbooking. i dont want anyone to be disappointed. im hoping that since we will be there in october, things might be a little slower...

asbarret:

this site lists all the tours you can use vacation dollars on: http://www.palaceresorts.com/palace-passport?articleId=25220

Deep sea fishing is not one of the tours you can use the money on.

The $300 can be used at the spa &/or salon.  I had my hair & makeup done at the salon & that came out of my $300.  I still had money leftover for a 50 minute massage too.  You could also use the $300 for your nails (we had a free manicure & pedicure included in our Member booking so I didn't have to use the vacation dollars for that, but you can.)

I'm sure you'll be fine on booking excursions once you get there.  We had a large group & were all able to get the tours we wanted, but I would highly suggest that you & your guests book your spa appointments in advance.  It takes a long time to book things at the spa desk anyway so you'll also save yourself some vacation time by booking ahead of time.  Things might be slower in October but everyone will still be getting the $150/$300 at the spa once they arrive, so the best way to ensure you get the services & times you want is to book ahead.