asbarrett: I didn't ask for a rehearsal (& I don't know if I could have had one), but at the meeting with my WC, she walked me through the whole cermony (on a piece of paper). She drew it out for me, and I took notes. She asked me what I wanted & made suggestions for how everything should happen. I felt very comfortable with how it would all work after leaving the meeting. Your WC will be at the beach before you are to help everyone process in the right order (her assistant will pick you up from your room). You can probably just talk everyone through how the ceremony will go after you have the information from your on-site meeting. I forgot to even talk to my wedding party about how it would work, and everything worked out fine because the WC was on-site to direct the whole thing.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsC2be View Post
Hi Girls, does anyone have information and pics of the flower bouquet options for the complimentry package? x
I dont, have you made contact with your WC yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolabride10 View Post
Hello Moon Palace Brides, My best friend is looking to get married at the Moon Palace in May/June 2011. I know that there are many different options and packages to choose from, but could you all give me a round about budget for how much you are spending at the Moon Palace for your destination wedding? Thanks.
if you take away the cost of the actual 'holiday/vacation' i think we're spending harldy ANYTHING!!! i'm not having any private events though. i've paid for some flowers for the button holes and corsage's for the mums and petals for the girls. which total about $114.

i've bought chiffon ribbons for the aisle chairs which total about $10

i've bought table runners $10

table laterns $20

placecards $20

favours $80

and then the rest is normal wedding stuff (dress/suits/gifts etc). you don't have to spend a lot if you don't want to/cant. I am having an AHR so i wanted to do MP cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLGnhci View Post
Hi ladies,

I have just landed my sites on Moon Palace for a late April/early May wedding date. I am still trying to plan out everything before I book, but I'm very excited about this location. Have any of the already married girls gotten married on the beach? Most reviews I see were in the gazebo.

Also, what are the different names, Nizuc I think I saw? I'm assuming different sections of the resort?

Well, I am looking forward to learning a lot from you girls!!! :o)

TTYS
Tisha
I get married on the beach in 3weeks and 1 day! YIPEEEE! I'll let you know how it goes!

as for sides, there are three. Sunrise (more lively/family) Nizuc (family - not as loud, no kids clubs etc) and Grand side (bigger rooms, a lot quieter, infinity pools) I aim to be at Grand side EVERYDAY after the wedding, but i'll be at Sunrise before to spend time with the children in our group! I can't WAIT to be in the pool with them! WAHOOOOOOOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asbarret View Post
Thank you for the words of wisdom! I will try not to freak out about the beach anymore! I know it will be lovely no matter what...I will be marrying my best friend that day.

Is anyone going to do a "rehearsal"?? I know a few brides have requested them. I'm just wondering how everyone will know where to go and when if we dont do one. we are having a flower girl, ring bearer, bm's and groomsmen...they will be lost!!

Also, any cute ideas about an alternative to flowers for the flower girl?? i dont want to shell out the cash for the freeze dried ones or the expensive ones at MP haha!

Also! I've received my chair bows and runners from tableclothesfactory.com in fuschia and orange coral and they are gorgeous! exactly what i wanted!
I plan to do a rehearsal but we are having a catholic wedding so it is a little more complicated as we have readings, offering and communion. However, even if I wasn't, I would still want a rehearsal. It doesn't take too long and will make your whole day run a lot smoother.

As far as ideas for the flower girl have you looked at eco confetti? It is much cheaper than freeze dried flowers and will add a bit of color for her to throw down.

How long did it take you to get your order from tableclothesfactory? I don't have my final numbers yet on and wasn't sure how many to order but I don't want to wait too long and not get them on time.

allison, i agree about the rehearsal. i think it would give me peace of mind. we can do it in a jif before our "welcome dinner" the night before. i guess now we can actually call it a rehearsal dinner!

my order from tcf came reeeally quickly. in about a week. i dont know my final count either, but i was in a really go getter kind of mood and i just want to start checking stuff off my list, so i ordered some extra. i figure better more than less =)

ill look into this eco confetti...that sounds nice.

also, im in a quandary over the tucan terrace or rooftop carribean terrace...so my WC said i can pick when i get there. LOVE HER!

Question for past brides, what category room did you end up getting? right now we are in a Superior Deluxe, did they up grade you to Oceanfront or to Concierge? I really want to be upgraded to the Concierge, it sounds awesome!

My TA said she would try to get us an upgrade but I don't know... right now we are at 71 room nights and my friend is booking today but the TA doesn't know if her room will count towards the group contract because she already submitted it. I hope that it does b/c that includes an upgrade and the unlimited private functions. It will save us soo much money!

If it is a group contract do you get a list of everyone's room before you leave or do the rooms get assigned upon arrival? Was everyone in the same building or scattered? Will FI and I be lumped in with everyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapsappyhappy View Post
Question for past brides, what category room did you end up getting? right now we are in a Superior Deluxe, did they up grade you to Oceanfront or to Concierge? I really want to be upgraded to the Concierge, it sounds awesome!

My TA said she would try to get us an upgrade but I don't know... right now we are at 71 room nights and my friend is booking today but the TA doesn't know if her room will count towards the group contract because she already submitted it. I hope that it does b/c that includes an upgrade and the unlimited private functions. It will save us soo much money!

If it is a group contract do you get a list of everyone's room before you leave or do the rooms get assigned upon arrival? Was everyone in the same building or scattered? Will FI and I be lumped in with everyone else?
Hi, I sent a spreadsheet to my wedding co-ordinator about 2 months before we flew out, of all our guests, including TA they booked through, number of people in room, lead name of booking, dates of stay. My wedding co-ordinator had said it was a different department that dealt with this, and gave me an email address but I never got a response. My co-ordinator ended up looking into our bookings, but when we got on-site we were all scattered over the 3 sections. I'll be completely honest and say it didn't bother anyone a great deal. One of the rooms got moved sections, and managed to get a room next door to some of our guests. Some of our guests asked to get moved sections and got told they couldn't as the TA was only insured on certain sections at MP. I think it was nice for everyone to be scattered, because it meant when we were meeting at night, we were meeting people at "their" sections so they could show us round...just a bit different I suppose. :)

We booked a room on the concierge level...it was pretty amazing. We were on the top floor, at the end of the building. We got better service at check-in, and quicker room service delivery. I'd say this is what your paying extra for, but really it isn't that much extra. I'd defo go concierge level on my return trips!

I don't know anything about the group contracts I'm afraid, I didn't have one as all our guests booked through different TA's, plus we didn't know how many were going to stay at MP in the first place. I didn't know they gave room upgrades...thats pretty awesome...always nice to get something for free :)

Hi Ladies, has anyone had the harpist, or mariachi or mexican trio for your ceremony? We were just going to have our own music but I am now considering one of these...

Any reviews of them would be great (and if you have any sounds/video footage you would like to share that would be fantastic!) x