Hubbie & I both preferred Grand...its very quiet and relaxing.

Most of our guests were staying on Nizuc, and thats were we all met up each day, by the pool or in the lobby at night...it was like halfway for most of us. Nizuc was pretty quiet during the day too, but bigger than Grand.

Sunrise - we didn't hang out there during the day, but our guests did, as a few had kids, and I think this side was nearest the kids club, but its also where the big pool features are for kids too. This is where the swing poolbar is...gutted we didn't see it!lol Sunrise is also where the disco is at night, the only night we as a group went to this side at night, was for dinner one night, but also after the wedding, as after 10 there isn't a lot happening in the resort, so we headed over to sunrise and hung out in the lobby for a while before going into the disco. The lobby is a lot busier than the lobby at nizuc, and the disco is pretty awesome. The lobby at sunrise is the big one in all the promotional pictures for mp..it looks like an airport and has the escalators.

Just depends what your looking for, but everything is soo easily accessible, it really doesn't matter what side you stay on. The rooms at the grand side are newer, and are nicer too. We only had 2 guests with a room at grand, and their rooms were just gorgeous, a lot bigger than everyone elses.

Hope this helps a bit! :)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs D To Be! View Post
Hubbie & I both preferred Grand...its very quiet and relaxing.

Most of our guests were staying on Nizuc, and thats were we all met up each day, by the pool or in the lobby at night...it was like halfway for most of us. Nizuc was pretty quiet during the day too, but bigger than Grand.

Sunrise - we didn't hang out there during the day, but our guests did, as a few had kids, and I think this side was nearest the kids club, but its also where the big pool features are for kids too. This is where the swing poolbar is...gutted we didn't see it!lol Sunrise is also where the disco is at night, the only night we as a group went to this side at night, was for dinner one night, but also after the wedding, as after 10 there isn't a lot happening in the resort, so we headed over to sunrise and hung out in the lobby for a while before going into the disco. The lobby is a lot busier than the lobby at nizuc, and the disco is pretty awesome. The lobby at sunrise is the big one in all the promotional pictures for mp..it looks like an airport and has the escalators.

Just depends what your looking for, but everything is soo easily accessible, it really doesn't matter what side you stay on. The rooms at the grand side are newer, and are nicer too. We only had 2 guests with a room at grand, and their rooms were just gorgeous, a lot bigger than everyone elses.

Hope this helps a bit! :)
In regards to pools to hang out at, which would you say is best for a group with no kids? Is there a swim up bar in the pools in the Nizuc section? Are the pools on the sunrise side more crowded?

Hello!

I got married on Saturday and everything was wonderful.

I will do a review, but just a few tips....

Book your spa massages Now! The spa books up quickly due to the new promotion.

Also, I was able to leave little messages at the front desk to put into envelopes for when my guest arrived..letting them know where we will be, what our plans are etc.

Talk to you soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alison15 View Post
In regards to pools to hang out at, which would you say is best for a group with no kids? Is there a swim up bar in the pools in the Nizuc section? Are the pools on the sunrise side more crowded?
Everyone did prefer the Nizuc pools. There were swim up bars everywhere - grand and nizuc both had them. Grand had a long infinity pool, which had a swim up bar, and the beach-beds here had the mattress cushions...soo comfy. If your at grand and want food, round the corner from this pool area is another pool area (!) with an outside food-bar. You can go round there, order food and they'll bring it round to you. At this area, there are the big double 4-poster bed like sun-beds....Grand was also really quiet and relaxing. There was more happening at nizuc, probably because there was kids around. The staff are really quick at all sections to bring you drinks and take drinks orders, but they were good at taking food orders at nizuc too...there was no reason to get off the lounger!lol although the loungers are just the standard ones here. Like I said, we didn't hang out at sunrise at all, we past through it one day on a buggy on our way back from the spa, and it did look huge. Our guests with kids hung out here a lot, again, standard sun loungers here!

I'll be honest, no-where was crowded when we were there. I don't know if we were there at the start of "busy" season, or whether the market is still picking up from swine-flu last year, but the only time we saw the place busy was the night-time entertainment, it was only then that we saw there were lots of people on-site! It may just be because MP is split into 3 sections, but it never felt busy at all.

We were there JUST before the new promotion started, so we were still on the unlimited excursions and (i think) $50 room credit. I think we'd have preferred the new promotion, I was hoping we'd have been part of it because it was soo close to starting date, because we didn't go on any excursions when we were at mp, but we did use the spa sad.gif . It sounds like everyone is going made for using their huge room credits now, because we booked spa treatments the day before the appointment. The only thing we booked in advance were hair appointments for the wedding day, and i'm glad we did cos the hairdressers were fully booked.

Hi Ladies

your help is invaluable! I'm getting married in just over three weeks and im sooooooooo excited!

girls - what has the weather out there been like recently?

also - does anyone have any idea 'roughly' how hot it would be for a beach ceremony at 4pm? is there a sea breeze? I am just worried about my guests sweating to death!

7 days till we leave....SO excited! I got all the wedding stuff to fit into 1 suitcase last night. What a giant puzzle that was! LOL

Did a hair trial today with my fsil (she is a hairstylist) and everything is good to go! Now off to find a new foundation since I've tanned quite a bit lately. Thinking MAC or Clinique. Something sweatproof I hope!

It is so exciting to hear from the brides who are there....making things very real!!

Hope everyone is getting excited....JULY is here!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsylou View Post
Hi Ladies

your help is invaluable! I'm getting married in just over three weeks and im sooooooooo excited!

girls - what has the weather out there been like recently?

also - does anyone have any idea 'roughly' how hot it would be for a beach ceremony at 4pm? is there a sea breeze? I am just worried about my guests sweating to death!
We just got back on Sunday, and the weather was great while we there. It was very windy since Hurricane Alex was in the Gulf, but the wind kept it from being too hot most of the time. I'm from Houston though, so what seems not too hot to me could be very hot to others. We were so worried that Hurricane Alex was going to hit during our stay that I was just happy to not have completely rainy days. It rained a little (never more than 30 minutes or so during the day) almost everyday, but it never interfered with our plans.

It was very hot for our 11 am wedding, & I would say 4pm will be very hot as well. We had ours in a gazebo & I'm very glad we did. First of all it was nice to have shade & secondly, the seaweed was extraordinarily bad last week (I'm guessing from Hurricane Alex). They run the tractors all day to try and clean it, but it was never clean (they did run the tractor across the area of beach we were taking wedding pictures on a few extra times & were able to make the beach look pretty good for our pictures). At night after they stop running the tractors and up through the morning when they start running the tractors again, the smell of the seaweed gets pretty bad. I've been to MP before & the seaweed has never been that bad. Hopefully it will get better in the next couple of weeks.

There will definitely be a sea breeze, but it will still be hot for your wedding. I had palm fans on all the chairs to help keep the guests a little cooler. The fans were definitely appreciated. My husband was wearing a seersucker suit & linen shirt (which are both pretty light weight) & he was sweating through the jacket. I was constantly wiping sweat from my brow & my chest. We had a cocktail hour on a terrace behind the gazebo (with umbrellas for shade), and then we moved inside for our reception. The whole thing was amazing & everything was perfect. I'll be writing a review soon & posting pictures, but feel free to post questions & I'll try to answer them. It might be a couple weeks before I get my review up because I still have my AHR to finalize. It's on July 17th.

Good luck to all the rest of the July MP brides! Your wedding there will be an amazing experience!

Thank you Fee*licious*, I think we only have the choice of Nizuc or Sunrise (when we booked I am sure the TA said Grand was more expensive so think we have only have the 2 choices... although can't be sure so if anyone know please let me know).

Nizuc is sounding more like our kinda choice at the mo, do any of you other brides have any thoughts? x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsC2be View Post
Thank you Fee*licious*, I think we only have the choice of Nizuc or Sunrise (when we booked I am sure the TA said Grand was more expensive so think we have only have the 2 choices... although can't be sure so if anyone know please let me know).

Nizuc is sounding more like our kinda choice at the mo, do any of you other brides have any thoughts? x
We've always stayed on the Sunrise side. I went into one of my guests' rooms on the Nizuc side to see how the rooms compare & they are pretty much identical. The rooms on the Nizuc side don't have hammocks on the balcony. We prefer the Sunrise Lobby bar and prefer to hang out there at night, so we like to stay on the Sunrise side. The Nizuc side is nice because it's in the middle between the other 2. Most of us were put in the 2nd to last building on the Sunrise side, and next time I go, I will definitely request NOT to be in one of the far buidlings if we stay on the Sunrise side. I measured the distance from our building (Pinata) to El Caribeno (a restaurant on the Grand side) with my GPS watch & it was exactly 1 mile from door to door (if you walk down the shoreline). The shuttles run regularly but oftentimes we just walked which makes for a lot of walking.