Quote:
Originally Posted by asbarret View Post
thats a big pile of bs about the new passport. the old one was included when booking through a TA. this will just be another thing on the list for my TA to fight for. good thing she usually wins...ive already promised my guests free tours! not as good of a deal as the other passport either. that just really pisses me off
yea, i agree...i was defintely not happy with their new criteria and credits. We booked this resort primarily because we could take the trips. this is huge and important for us and family to enjoy. hoping we dont go over the credit limit!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alison15 View Post
Hi,

I am getting married at the Moon Palace in October. Uncertain what to do right now with wedding favors. I do not want to have to bring it all with us. Is anyone doing them there? Or has anyone bought any through Moon Palace? I noticed on their optional services menu it lists favors.
apparently you can bring some but some favors and decorations MUST be purchased with them, such as floral, etc. But as far as i know, they are pretty easy going with you bringing some items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb280182 View Post
On another note its now 4 and a half weeks since I emailed the wedding co-ordinator with my questions. I know it was about 3 pages long but seriously 4 weeks??!! Plus some guests arent being very helpful. My BM only sent her passport off for renewal yesterday and we go in 8 weeks (they say it can take 2 months to process) QUOTE]

Don't worry too much about the passport issue. They say up too 2 months...but I just got done applying for a renewal passport for myself and a new passport for my daughter. We had major issues due to custody agreements, etc. in trying to get my daughter's passport...HOWEVER, overall I got them both back in 2.5 weeks almost exactly. i didn't even pay for expedited service. It is more of a stress factor for you than it really is a problem....which I can totally understand. I hate it when people don't SEE that they need to do things NOW! LOL

Also, regarding communication....don't worry too much on this point either. Pretty much every bride on here has had a wonderful experience once they got there. I've had a couple of conversations...really...conversations...with my wedding planner and the general feedback has been that they do what they can to organize things prior, but ultimately they have a decent sized staff that just know "what to do" to make these weddings go off without a hitch! In a crude sort of way...they are a wedding factory...they just KNOW what brides want and they listen to the details when they have you in front of them. It sucks for us control freak women (and we all get a little bit that way when it comes to our weddings!) when we can't nail down the EXACT details months before. I know I am the picture child for control freak....and it is KILLING me that everyone hasn't booked and the activities guy at MP can't seem to confirm the same sentence in one email back to me!

Hang in there....the time is flying and it will all come together! It will be wonderful!!!!

PS - I got an email from the activities guy at MP...that if you have the Palace Passport (which came with our booking of more than 3 nights) the Wet N Wild - Swim With Dolphins day package is only $129 per person. It is $149 per person according to the Wet N Wild website....so there is a small savings...but a savings none-the-less.

He also said the tour to Chichin-Itza is about 10 hours and the tour to Tulum is about 8 hours in length. These are obviously all-day excursions. Just wanted to pass along for those planning!

friday.gif

i feel your pain with the passports. it took quite some pushing to get everyone to cooperate and realize timelines for getting them. i guess everyone was not taking us or our wedding seriously. People tend to be slow when it comes to traveling for weddings, i dont know why. i had to explain the passport process OVER n OVER to my guests. they just werent really listening or understanding...but over time things will get better and there will still be a wedding! which is the important thing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapsappyhappy View Post
I just wanted to double check that the reception is free if you have 75+ room nights. FI and I have to pay our balance and right now we have 72 room nights. We are willing to pay the extra 3 if the reception will be free because we are also up to 60 people so that would be cheaper.

Free vs. $400 a table....I am hoping the reception can count as one of the "unlimited private functions." Does it?

Also what do you think of having a rehearsal lunch for only the family and bridal party at a restaurant and then a welcome dinner for everyone? I wanted to have a welcome dinner but now we have too many people for the restaurants and would have to get a private function. That means I would have to choose another buffet and location. I wanted it in a restaurant!!! I do not want people to have a buffet one night and then another buffet at my wedding, or have the welcome dinner be nicer than the reception!

If I have the welcome dinner inside it would be plated and nicer than the reception, I wish the reception could be plated instead of buffet! Where we are from in New York if your wedding is buffet then it is considered cheap.
Things that are sneered upon- Sunday daytime weddings, cash bars, and buffets.... I went to a wedding last weekend with a buffet and everyone was talking about it being buffet.... and not in a good way! I like buffet b/c you get to pick and choose but that's the way things are. FI has some rich snobby friends, and I feel like I would have to explain that outdoors there is no other option before they say something, but then I am thinking that the snotty people that I do not like are probably not coming and why do I even care what they think? These New Yorkers...not all are like that but there are too many that are!

Has anyone had the Polynesian menu, it says it has a carving station. How flexible are they with mix and matching? The mango cake with sticky rice just makes my stomach turn, ewww! Need some chocolate in that menu!

Anyway sorry to ramble I have a lot of questions. Good luck this weekend I cannot wait to see your review!!!
I am sorry. I am not sure what is the difference between plated and buffet. I wanted to have our wedding reception the beach but they said they do not do plated or buffets unless we have 20 persons. What does this mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMsMoulton View Post
If you get married on the beach don't bother with rose petals cause mine were all blown away before I even walked down the aisle. I think 60 cups is plenty to use also.

The plugs are standard US 3 prong plugs.
so they use the same kind of plugs and outlets we use without needing a converter?

Check out my daughters wedding photos from Aventura Spa Palace. We used the resort photographer (Moon uses the same photograhers) and he was wonderful! We also used a resort photographer for the video of the ceremony and cocktail/ dancing hour and the video is great! My daughter had her hair and makeup done there and she looked amazing!! She took them a photo of how she wanted her hair done and they did a perfect job!

http://share.shutterfly.com/share/re...1AZNGbNm5Zs3LA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMsMoulton View Post
I think tealights would have been fine.. the rose petals didn't blow at all! I haven't done a review yet- working 2 jobs has been really crazy and now with the baby planning... Time?? whats thats? I have none of it! :o)

We got pregnant 15 days after the wedding.. which is good because I drank a lot at the wedding, but I had to "pretend" to drink at the AHR.

As for the change to the Passport Savings... that is AWESOME! They only gave us 30% off the golf and a lot of the tours take ALL day so not many of our guests took advangate of the free tours, but would have used the golfing! BEWARE though they will try to make you do the timeshare thing to get the deals (they tried to pull it on our whole group.... I sat in there and refused to leave-- I was still there 2 hrs after they were suppose to close!) and said you need to honor what we were promised over and over until they finally called around and honored what was agreed upon. BEWARE and have your travel agents put it in writing that the moon palace already agree to include it into your wedding packages!!
Timeshares for the trips!?? Thats awful! So what do we need to do? show our wedding contract and room contract?

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieswedding View Post
Check out my daughters wedding photos from Aventura Spa Palace. We used the resort photographer (Moon uses the same photograhers) and he was wonderful! We also used a resort photographer for the video of the ceremony and cocktail/ dancing hour and the video is great! My daughter had her hair and makeup done there and she looked amazing!! She took them a photo of how she wanted her hair done and they did a perfect job!

Shutterfly | View share
i love the photos on shutterfly! are you making a book? gorgeous! thanks for sharing!

Hello Moon Palace girls!!

It has been very crazy for me this past few weeks. Trying to close on a house...had my AWESOME bachlorette party! My fiance had his bachlore party last weekend and got BADLY beaten and assaulted by staff members for no reason (we have witnesses). We had to get lawyers..we are going to catch these guys!

Brighter NOTE: We got legally married on Friday !!!!ya for us!! We tried to keep it a secret, but we were too excited to keep it from our friends!!

So NOW back to wedding planning!

Those who have gotten married or who will be getting married...without a MC, but had the speakers and used their IPOD- who announced the bride and groom and things like that.. your first dance etc etc?? Did it seem weird using an IPOD without a DJ/MC?

GOOD LUCK TO ALL =)