This question is to past brides of Palace resorts.... I have a contract with 9 rooms booked so far through my TA and a total of 42 rooms at the ASP resort. We have 2 other couples that are booking through Orbitz, etc which will put us over 10 rooms and a total of 54 nights (technically). On our contract through our TA it states 10 rooms at 30 nights or more which we have more than 30 nights under our contract. I see that other brides were able to negotiate to get a free cocktail reception but wanted to know if there were any others out there that were in the same situation as myself and were not successful in getting the free cocktail receptionhuh.gif I guess it depends on your WC but if I have too I will breakout the calculate and show them that we are bring them more money alone than if we were to do the minimum of 3 nights and 10 rooms... by 10k to 12k more!

Since Moon and ASP are sisters I figured that you guys might be able to help answer my question.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey girls... So my fiance and I have been contemplating changing from free to a diamond package. There are things I would like to have at my wedding that is not incuded with the free package.

For example- Soloist, the horse carriage, runners for the tables and sashes.

I know previous brides had said that no substitutions, so we would need to pay for "extra" stuff. At this point i feel that doing it this way saves us money.

Any opinions? The only thing I don't know about is the flowers that i would prob change if i could.

I would just add up all the items you want and see if it saves you money versus paying for the package. For me it is a better deal for me to bring the sashes and pay a la carte for the horse carriage.....but for a soloist and other items it would depend on the math and your budget.

Let us know what you decide!

It seems as if few people are doing the packages, which is a shame b/c I want to see pictures! I am doing the Sapphire package, I love their photos of it but who knows what it REALLY looks like... If you are going to do a soloist then it definitely pays to do a package. I got real touch flowers but I plan on using the free bouquet for decor... I don't think the packages include table runners or sashes though... just ceremony decor.

Last night I had a horrible dream that I was at MP on my wedding day and I had never spoken to a WC, then the spa was too booked and could not do my makeup, then I was waiting in my dress and I missed the transportation from the Sunrise to the Nizuc. As I had arrived late to the ceremony they skipped half of it, then the reception was just coffee tables with fake flowers on it, a styrofoam cake, and no music.

This is bad! I still have 4 1/2 months to go and I am already having nightmares! I cannot wait to read some more reviews!!!

Hi ladies, I know several of you have Pm'd me questions and I hope to get my review up soon!! Life is hectic right now (started a new business last week and AHR is next weekend) so I do a little whenever I have some down time. Right now it is super loooonngggg. I may have to cut a little, add some pics and hope to get it up within the next week. I love talking about our wedding!!! Just trying to find the time!

I absolutely love being married. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapsappyhappy View Post
It seems as if few people are doing the packages, which is a shame b/c I want to see pictures! I am doing the Sapphire package, I love their photos of it but who knows what it REALLY looks like... If you are going to do a soloist then it definitely pays to do a package. I got real touch flowers but I plan on using the free bouquet for decor... I don't think the packages include table runners or sashes though... just ceremony decor.

Last night I had a horrible dream that I was at MP on my wedding day and I had never spoken to a WC, then the spa was too booked and could not do my makeup, then I was waiting in my dress and I missed the transportation from the Sunrise to the Nizuc. As I had arrived late to the ceremony they skipped half of it, then the reception was just coffee tables with fake flowers on it, a styrofoam cake, and no music.

This is bad! I still have 4 1/2 months to go and I am already having nightmares! I cannot wait to read some more reviews!!!

Ugh such a horrible dream. I have not dreamed such dreams yet, but I have been stayin up tossing and turning. So many thoughts are running through my mind. I am scared that it is going to be a disaster, or that things are going to go wrong. But when I read pas bride's reviews they make me feel so much better. I have heard that once you get there MP wants to do everything to make you happy and will do their very best to achieve greatness. That also makes me feel a lot better. Planning a wedding is one thing, but planning a wedding far away with only online communication is hard. I am no creative AT ALL and luckily my fiance is the artsy one.

it comes with : Chairs of aisle draped in silver satin.. do they use the same chairs for the ceremony and for the receptionhuh.gif

Hello Everyone!

I am SO glad I came across this site! I am getting married at the Moon Palace in just 2 shorts months!

I am ready to go and hope it is everything we have dreamed of!

I am still planning away and am working the on-site wedding coordinator right now on all the small stuff for the wedding down there. Then once we return home, we are having a reception for our extended family and friends. We have about 20 people going with us to Mexico.

I am trying to decide on flowers right now. I have done lots of searches for "moon palace wedding pictures" and found so many beautiful ones! We are doing the complementary package with a few upgrades. Our on-site planner has been wonderful. Anything I ask her about, she says we can make it work!

I came across one post of a bride that gave a wonderful review the other day and wanted to pass on this info if someone didn't have it yet. We are going to do chair bows and tablecloths-chair covers- table linens-sashes wholesaler has some great prices.

Happy planning everyone!!!!!

MRhoades,

Welcome to BDW....wow, 2 months and you just found us! :) Glad you did! How excited you must be getting. Just curious, you mentioned the free package and a few upgrades....which ones are you going for? We are always excited to hear everyone elses details! :)

Goodluck!

Chelle