I LOVE MOON PALACE!!! They have really worked with me. My wedding date is June 19, 2010! I have about 45-50 people that will be coming to my wedding and should have about 25 rooms booked. I am already working with a wedding coordinator. Whenever, I send an email I always get a quick response. The people that are going haven't really complained about the prices, they have thought that it was a really good deal for being all inclusive. We are booking directly through Moon Palace.

By the way...I am having my reception in one of the ballrooms...has anyone else used a ballroom? I plan on getting the Gold Level DJ with canned lights in the room. Does anyone know if the DJ's are any good?

I feel very sorry for those that are not happy with moon palace...

HAPPY PLANNING TO ALL OF THE 2010 BRIDES! AND I HOPE THAT ALL OF YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE ON YOUR WEDDING DAY.

ASHLEY

FROM INDIANAPOLIS!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemcad View Post
Hi everyone! I'm a May 29th, 2010 Moon Palace bride and I'm having a Catholic ceremony. Is anyone else doing a Catholic ceremnony? Has anyone else had experience with Fr. Aguilar? Is he the priest people are saying has poor English? Also, did you pick all of your readings beforehand and submit them to him months in advance or did you do that when you got on site?
I was told that you can only add in things but not change them. Because i am not religious and didn't agree with thier script and its symbolic they let me submit my own, with no guarantees that it can be read very well.

They may not let you change it with a legal ceremony, when you get to talk to your wedding coordinator (feel free to contact them first-- they don't follow thier own rules) thats a great thing to ask her.

YAY!! Brooke!! I'm just so excited that it's almost time. I know it'll get better when we get down there. BTW...what day do you arrive? I get there Tues and most of my guests get there Wednesday. Are you going to greet them in the lobby with your OOT bag? That's what I'm thinking becuase A. I've given MP enough of my money to pay to have them delivered and B. I want them to get the itinerary right away so they know time and location for the meet and greet. Off to the gym before I go get hitched today!! Then BD tomorrow. Can't wait to see the new pics of your hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyandTricia View Post
YAY!! Brooke!! I'm just so excited that it's almost time. I know it'll get better when we get down there. BTW...what day do you arrive? I get there Tues and most of my guests get there Wednesday. Are you going to greet them in the lobby with your OOT bag? That's what I'm thinking becuase A. I've given MP enough of my money to pay to have them delivered and B. I want them to get the itinerary right away so they know time and location for the meet and greet. Off to the gym before I go get hitched today!! Then BD tomorrow. Can't wait to see the new pics of your hair.
Actually by time all is said and done Moon Palace will be getting very little of my money since they can't respond to me I don't have the confidence to count on them (bringing my freeze dried flowers, bouquet, not having them do colors on the the hoopa, I will be handing out the OOT bags.) We get on on Wens afternoon sometime- I would crack up laughing if I saw you in the lobby and expect my welcome bag! lol Which side are you requesting to stay on? I think I want to stay on Sunrise because I stayed on Nizuc last time. I got my 10 cups of flowers and freaked out.. I have to order a TON more!

Hi all, i am considering Moon palace for march 2011 wedding. I was all set on it after reading this message board,but then i read some bad reviews on tripadvisor and something about guests having to wear bracelets. The wrist bracelet turns me off from this resort. I want my guest to be at a nice top of the line place...not a spring break wrist band wearing place...any thoughts on this? anyone been there before? im sad becausei thought i was dead set on this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj42781 View Post
Hi all, i am considering Moon palace for march 2011 wedding. I was all set on it after reading this message board,but then i read some bad reviews on tripadvisor and something about guests having to wear bracelets. The wrist bracelet turns me off from this resort. I want my guest to be at a nice top of the line place...not a spring break wrist band wearing place...any thoughts on this? anyone been there before? im sad becausei thought i was dead set on this place
I am getting married there in 33 days and I am saying AVOID it. yes the guests all have to wear wrist bands, the bride and the groom can cut them off for photos only and then must put them back on. They are REALLY REALLY bad about sticking to their own rules- they won't give you the support that a nervous bride needs. The hotel is VERY pricey and a lot of my guests are mad because they can't stay off resort and come on for the day (guest passes are $86) and they have a limit on the amount of people who can come from off resort. I have only heard from my 2nd wedding coordinator (1st one never even bothered to email me back) about 4 times! I am so upset and disappointed but obviously its to late to change it now. I am kicking myself for putting myself through the hassle and my guest through the costs. Good luck and I hope I helped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj42781 View Post
oh no!!! i started at beginning of this thread and you were on their so happy and excited..im sorry things went downhill for you. I am gonna look around for another place....wrist bands are tacky! i stayed at excellence playa that was more upscale i guess

Hi and welcome!!

i think you need to do lots of research to get a resort you really love. personally the Moon Palace is so perfect, they have been fabulous with me and i would highly reccommend them.

the wrist band thing doesn't bother me at all, but that's just me. If you aren't keen then i think you should definitely look around at other venues.

i get married in July 2010 and have had great customer service from my WC and have everything i wanted, given to me. It's sad to hear some people had an awful experience, i hope it gets better for you FutureMsMoulton.

x