I need helping picking a place that can accomidate between 60-80 people

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Bluesun721

• 8 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 04:28 PM

Hi I just recently got engaged and I'm looking for a place either in Mexico or the Dominican for about 60-80 people. I want to have a private reception afterwards and maybe a private welcome cocktail party along with a private brunch after the wedding. Almost all these websites show only wedding packages for about 30 people and reservations for dinner. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to look? I really like the palace resorts and are thinking of going with them but I don't want to limit my options yet. How do I get prices for large events? Help! Thanks! Kristy

#2 TinaM2b

• 445 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 04:38 PM

We got married at Moon Palace in Cancun a little over a month ago. It is an amazing place and has some great deals for larger parties. We were there for eleven nights and never ran out of things to do or places to eat. They also are giving away spa and tour deals to all guests that stay over three nights.

If you get your contract written correctly with them (I would suggest going with a TA that is familiar with this), you get free events and free nights with number or rooms and/or total room nights. Make sure your contract reads either because some brides didn't get their contracts written this way.

Moon Palace has a great thread with many recent brides!

You will also find many reviews in the Review section!

#3 *Nadine*

• 5,466 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 05:24 PM

Congrats & welcome Kristy! Alot of resorts accommadate that size of a group and there are quite a few of us having around 60-80 as well. Check out the Dreams resorts, they are awesome with weddings and big groups!

#4 dinogomez.com

• 5,705 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 05:26 PM

Welcome to the forum and congratulations!! You've come to the right place; here you can find all the info you need for a fun, smooth and successful planning!! Enjoy!!!

#5 kellynadam2010

• 187 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 05:31 PM

Congrats & welcome!

#6 NaM

• 2,256 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 05:37 PM

Most places will accomodate bigger groups they will just charge you extra/per head. Ask about private events instead of just weddings so you can get a feel for the areas, decorations and prices.
              Good luck and welcome.

#7 beachbum

• 351 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 06:43 PM

Congrats and welcome!

#8 cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 12,151 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 06:44 PM

kristy, welcome! you've come to the right place. if you're seeing packages for a certain number of people, most places will accommodate larger groups for additional $$$ per head. it can add up quickly, so be careful! good luck planning!

#9 melette

• 893 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 07:06 PM

Welcome to the forum and Happy Planning!
                    http://i36.photobuck...ette12/mcc1.jpgFirst Dance as Mr. & Mrs 01/21/2010http://tickers.Ticke....1911/event.png

BRIDE&GROOM + 85 Family & Friends BOOKED and had a blast!

#10 *Karla*

• 4,854 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:18 PM

Congrats and Welcome to the Forum! Happy Planning

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users