Has anyone used Caribe Photography??

Really? They don't even give you the option of paying the fee? That's even more ridiculous than charging the fee in the first place. Hmmmm hopefully MTM can work something out with Karisma cause I totally recommend them.

I checked out the Caribe site... I wasn't WOW'ed by their work. Caribe's #1 package is included in our package... but I'm contemplating bringing someone with us and paying for the whole week. Our WC mentioned we can bring someone with us for a minimum three night stay plus the $500... I used to think that DW we're a cheaper alternative... I was sadly mistaken

Crista-Lee, tell me about it! It seemed like the cost just kept adding up and adding up! Its one of the reasons I pretty much scrapped everything I originally wanted to do and went with what I like to call "simple" lol. The photography was the only area that I really splurged. I'll keep an eye out for this photog situation.

• 2 weeks later...

I spoke with my Karisma WC yesterday and the official word on photographers is: from Mexico you can only use Matias Cano or Caribe. You can bring someone from outside the country and pay for a 3 night stay for the photog, not straight up $500.

I agree that Caribe's work looks very average. There's a whole thread on this photography issue, search "Boycott El Dorado"

• 1 year later...

I am so sad to see this!  I have booked Caribe because their prices are inexpensive, and the wedding costs keep adding up!  I only have the option of Caribe and I think one other.  The rest of the photographers approved by Lomas say they don't go to Azul Beach any longer :( I feel so stuck!  My cousin in law to be is an AMAZING photographer, but unfortunately not attending the ceramony in Mexico.  Has anyone had any other experience with Caribe, or have any suggestions for me?  Thank you for any help!! I really hate this "approved vendor" thing!

• 4 weeks later...

Ladies, I used Caribe for my wedding at Azul Sensatori on 5/15/11

I loved our onsite Photographer. He worked well with us and was a doll. He got all the shot I wanted. Now with that said I too wasn't too impressed with their website so I am hoping they turn out well. I will get them on Monday! I shall report back.

Also they orginally told me after I got back from my wedding it would be 6 weeks. I emailed my WC and told her how dissapointed I was and BAM an Hour later my pictures are being FEDEX out tomorrow so just stay on them.

Ok ladies, Got my photos from Cairbe Photography and I AM NOT IMPRESSED. I did get over 600 pictures which was a positive but I would say less than 20% are useable. http://maggieandjaywedding.shutterfly.com/  I posted the best 100 and even then they really aren't that impressive. I am so glad I had my mom their as backup.

I wouldn't use them again but also I did get what I paid for. i had a tight budget and i couldn't afford to bring someone with us and pay them or go with another Mexico photographer and pay the outside vendor fee.

I did love the photographer they sent. I guess he just doesn't take good photos.

Between the ones I like from them and my mom's I should be able to put together a very decent Album!

Just wanted to put my experience out there!