• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 ~Katie~

~Katie~
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 10:32 AM

Hi girls

Has anyone used Caribe photography? Caribephoto

They are the approved photogs for the resort where I am getting married, but I've really struggled to find much info on here about feedback.

I would really, ReALLY appreciate it if someone would be able to let me know their views.

Many thanks,

Katie.

#2 MrsPerkins

MrsPerkins
    • 3 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 04:45 PM

Has anyone heard anything about Caribe Photo? I can't find any information on them, but their prices are very reasonable. Please let me know! Thanks!

#3 martin

martin
      • 343 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 04:08 PM

congrats on your future wddding and happy planing

#4 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
        • 4,512 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 05:38 PM

Hey Katie. I hired Caribe 2 days before I left for my wedding, but I hired him for videography, not photography so I can't say what the quality of his photos are. In terms of the video, meh, it wasn't that important to me, I just wanted something to bring home to my family that didn't make it to the wedding. He was ok I guess. I barely spoke to him. He showed up, did what he had to do and left lol. I met him a few days later and he gave me the video. The quality wasn't fantastic - I couldn't even hear my ceremony music in it, but like I said I wasn't too concerned. Sorry I can't be of more help
          *Formerly Nikki07*
          My Planning Thread

#5 daniepps

daniepps
          • 304 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 01:54 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by ~Nicole~
            Hey Katie. I hired Caribe 2 days before I left for my wedding, but I hired him for videography, not photography so I can't say what the quality of his photos are. In terms of the video, meh, it wasn't that important to me, I just wanted something to bring home to my family that didn't make it to the wedding. He was ok I guess. I barely spoke to him. He showed up, did what he had to do and left lol. I met him a few days later and he gave me the video. The quality wasn't fantastic - I couldn't even hear my ceremony music in it, but like I said I wasn't too concerned. Sorry I can't be of more help
            Who did you use for photography? I believe AS has changed their rules for 2010 and are only allowing two photographers, Caribe and Matias Canos so I'm trying to find out info on both of them.

#6 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
            • 4,512 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:42 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by daniepps
              Who did you use for photography? I believe AS has changed their rules for 2010 and are only allowing two photographers, Caribe and Matias Canos so I'm trying to find out info on both of them.
              I used Moments that Matter Photography. They are members of the forum. They were the best wedding decision I made by far! Yes, I believe Caribe and Matias are the only ones that the $500 fee doesn't apply to.

Here are my pics: MEXICO Destination Wedding Photography, Wedding Photojournalism throughout the Mayan Riviera
              check out Nicole & Curt in the galleries and the blog.

If you have any questions let me know!
              *Formerly Nikki07*
              My Planning Thread

#7 ~Crista-Lee~

~Crista-Lee~
              • 329 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:53 PM

Hi Nicole, Did you have pay the vendor fee for your photographer?

Your pics are great!

Thanks,
                Crista

Quote:
                I used Moments that Matter Photography. They are members of the forum. They were the best wedding decision I made by far! Yes, I believe Caribe and Matias are the only ones that the $500 fee doesn't apply to.

Here are my pics: MEXICO Destination Wedding Photography, Wedding Photojournalism throughout the Mayan Riviera

#8 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
                • 4,512 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:06 PM

Thanks Crista-Lee!
                  When I booked MTM they were just starting off in RM, and they had a deal going on where they covered the $500 fee for me but I had to purchase their full package. I don't think they do this anymore. They were actually the only photog that I found that would cover the fee so I guess I just lucked out big time on the timing.
                  *Formerly Nikki07*
                  My Planning Thread

#9 daniepps

daniepps
                  • 304 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:17 PM

I think AS changed the rules for 2010 and they don't even allow you to pay the $500 outside vendors fee anymore. I was told that the only photographers allowed were Caribe and Matias Canos. Caribe has reasonable prices but I'm not sure if they're reasonable only because the photography is mediocre.

#10 daniepps

daniepps
                    • 304 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:18 PM

Quote:

Great pics! You posted a link to them on the AS thread and I saw them then. Looks like everything turned out beautifully.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users