Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandbride2b View Post
we are putting them in the oot bags, each person will get one so in each couples oot bag there will be two mugs. We are going with bubba kegs, we like them the best. good luck!!
Thank you! I ended up deciding on the same, can't just give 1 mug per couple. But isn't anyone worried about the luggage weight with all the extra stuff they are bring? If so how are you guys dealing with it? any idea's?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeanLover View Post
Thank you! I ended up deciding on the same, can't just give 1 mug per couple. But isn't anyone worried about the luggage weight with all the extra stuff they are bring? If so how are you guys dealing with it? any idea's?
We just packed extra suitcases and had our parents/family check them at the airport (we were allowed 2 checked baggages per person). I made sure to give them the 2 suitcases with the mugs, and the other with all of the OOT bag items (so they knew what they had just in case they ran into any problems going through customs). I think in total we ended up taking 9 suitcases down with us, so we had 5 of our family members check the extras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan's girl View Post
We just packed extra suitcases and had our parents/family check them at the airport (we were allowed 2 checked baggages per person). I made sure to give them the 2 suitcases with the mugs, and the other with all of the OOT bag items (so they knew what they had just in case they ran into any problems going through customs). I think in total we ended up taking 9 suitcases down with us, so we had 5 of our family members check the extras.
and that is exactly what I plan on doing, but I do have the worry the most of my guest may pack like I do (I always over pack, I know your allowed 2 luggage per person but it still has to be under the weigh limit which is between 42 to 50 lbs) I can pack that in one suit case for a 7 day stay lol. But I am sure no one else is crazy like me, so it'll be find. Glad I'm not the only one who will pond extra luggage off to guest! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

UPDATE!!

So, this is what I finally decided to use on the back side of our OOT mugs, with our original logo (same one as in my siggy!) on the front:

Enjoy the tropical breeze,

Raise your glasses with ease,

As two hearts join as one,

Shout out “Cheers!" and have fun...

Just thought I'd pass it along, since it's sort of like one I posted before, but with 2 new lines for those of you looking for something a little bit longer! wink.gif

We went for a generic design for our mugs because I really want my guests to use them again! Almost like they were a souvenior they bought themselves down south.

On Orange Stainless Mugs it says "Punta Cana", has a graphic of a palm tree, and underneath says "Party in Paradise!" I'll definitely post pictures once them come in!

We also used "to have and to hold and keep your drink cold" but instead of imprinting them on the mugs, I had it printed on small cards and then tied them to each mug. On the front, I used a simple starfish logo I found on microsoft clip art. The reason we kept it simple (same as our OOT bag - no personalised wedding logo) was because most people will reuse items like that IF they aren't personalised. Of course, it all depends on your crowd, and I knew that mine was partial to the plainer stuff. You can kind of see the logo in this picture. BTW, everyone used these! I was pleasantly surprised. In fact, it's been 16 months, and I still use mine to hold my morning coffee as I commute to work. I just love them, and I'm sure you guys and your guests will love the ones you've chosen too! (These are from discount mugs - pricey with duty and shipping, but comparable to canadian vendors).

a>