Photo

YAY!! Got my dress at running of the brides!

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Sloan

Sloan
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 12:05 AM

Good score for you!

#22 Joss

Joss
    • 188 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 12:29 AM

Running of the brides, that's brilliant! I think it's quite funny your fiance had to go and have a snooze after collecting dresses for you. Now that's dedication! Beautiful dress btw.

#23 sn0048

sn0048
      • 264 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 02:16 AM

Gorgeous dress and I think the trumpet-shaped bottom is going to look fantastic! As far as the running of the brides, you are braver than most (especially me) but it worked out because you got a beautiful dress at a great price! That is adorable that your fiance came with you and grabbed a bunch of dresses for you :)

#24 lexibride

lexibride
        • 276 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:22 AM

Thanks guys!!! I'm glad you all love it!!! I LOVE it too...

Yes, believe it or not, the dress was in his pile, and I gave it away because it was a size 20! When I saw it on another girl who's mom pulled it back tight, I knew I made a big mistake and HAD to have that dress. The girl was completely nasty when we started hovering to see if she was going to keep the dress and after some nasty looks and exchanges back and forth between us she finally relinquished the dress to ME! YAY!

I have to say, the run in there was a bit nuts and I did hip check a chick next to me, but other than that, once everyone was in, it was fairly easy. Some girls were very nice offering up dresses and others were so nasty and wouldn't give anything up unless you had a trade.

All in all we had such a great time and I'm so happy I saved so much money on my dress. I can only imagine what alterations are going to cost, but I'm sure in the end it will still be less than if I did it the traditional way!

Now I won't feel so bad spending $100 on shoes, lol!!!!

#25 J&MWedding

J&MWedding
          • 612 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 10:06 AM

Congrats! It's beautiful! what a great price!
            ~jill~

http://tickers.Ticke....56d6/event.png
            My Planning Thread40 people booked plus bride & groom

#26 ~Jessica~

~Jessica~
            • Banned
            • 3,479 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:39 AM

Its a beautiful dress!! And kudos to you for going to the Running of the Brides!! Can't wait to see pics of it on you!

#27 cutedimplestee

cutedimplestee
              • 487 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 12:16 PM

Congrats on a great find and a beautiful dress!!

#28 pineapple princess

pineapple princess
                • 168 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 12:43 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by lexibride

I have to say, the run in there was a bit nuts and I did hip check a chick next to me, but other than that, once everyone was in, it was fairly easy.

hip check!!!! hahahah

Click the image to open in full size.
                  "Formerly goNDmay9"
                  "so long and thanks for all the fish!"
                  http://davf.daisypath.com/rkbnm5.png

#29 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 6,368 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 02:27 PM

Yay! Your dress is so pretty!

#30 FoxyBride

FoxyBride
                    • 609 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 04:16 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by lexibride

Yes, believe it or not, the dress was in his pile, and I gave it away because it was a size 20! When I saw it on another girl who's mom pulled it back tight, I knew I made a big mistake and HAD to have that dress. The girl was completely nasty when we started hovering to see if she was going to keep the dress and after some nasty looks and exchanges back and forth between us she finally relinquished the dress to ME! YAY!

I have to say, the run in there was a bit nuts and I did hip check a chick next to me, but other than that, once everyone was in, it was fairly easy. Some girls were very nice offering up dresses and others were so nasty and wouldn't give anything up unless you had a trade.

All in all we had such a great time and I'm so happy I saved so much money on my dress. I can only imagine what alterations are going to cost, but I'm sure in the end it will still be less than if I did it the traditional way!

My dress was super big for me too! It was a 12 and I'm a bridal 6. My seamstress worked some serious magic. Once my BM finds her camera cord and sends me pics, I will post the results. I still felt bad about spending a lot on shoes though. I ended up with a pair for $60 from Zappos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users