Pre-wedding reception invite wording help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 KJT1985

• 694 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 02:59 PM

My fiance's parents are hosting a pre-wedding reception in Canada for all his family and friends up there. His mom has asked me about wording for the invite and i'm having a hard time with the "no gifts, but" part. We aren't registering because we already own a house together and don't need things. IF people are going to get us something we'd prefer it to be money so we don't have things we don't need and things we have to ship back home or try to take on the plane. I'm just having a hard time wording it. I absolutely don't want to seem like we're asking or expecting gifts. But how can I tell them how to give a gift without it seeming like that?? This is all i've got. How does it sound?

"A gift is neither expected nor required. The pleasure of your company would be the greatest gift received. For those who prefer to spoil the couple, please remember the bride and groom will be traveling back to their home in Louisiana."

#2 Jo 2010

Jo 2010
    • 291 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:50 PM

That sounds great - I really dont understand why people are offended about asking for cash or vouchers - I can't wait until our generation is that age - it will eliminate this problem for brides! :)

I think its cleverly hints at cash, without spelling it out - well done!

#3 cruisebride0410

• 178 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:58 PM

I really like that wording. I might steal it for our AHR. I think it's a nice way to remind people you don't want big, bulky stuff. If they have a problem with cash, they can always do a gift card (even though it's basically the same thing, some people prefer it)

#4 KJT1985

• 694 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 09:23 PM

Thanks guys!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users