Photo

Will I be too hot in my dress?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 meghan

meghan
  • 832 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:11 PM

Oh my gosh that is maybe the most gorgeous dress I have seen! Even if it was hot I wouldn't be changing out of that!

#22 Brenners

Brenners
    • 807 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 11:11 PM

Yes it will depend on when and where you get married as well as time of day. But your dress is incredibly gorgeous! And I had never heard of honey dust so that is a great tip!

#23 Joss

Joss
      • 188 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 01:39 AM

The honey dust or any Lush body powder is the way to go, especially after an application (the night before) of a good cocoa butter type lotion. Skin is gorgeous soft and the powder works amazing as far as keeping you dry and smelling fabulous.

#24 waltandjean

waltandjean
        • 177 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 10:19 AM

Beautiful dress!

#25 Lashawn

Lashawn
          • Banned
          • 156 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 04:05 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Jacilynda
            I had a mermaid gown and it was 100 degrees and super humid and I live in Montana so thats alot for us to adjust to. I sweat SO bad in my dress and my legs were sweating and rubbing together and I got a rash on them, but it was SO worth it.

I loved my dress and I looked great in it and I wouldn't have changed my dress or put on another dress if I were to do it over again. I'd just sweat my ass off again. If you are in love w/ the dress then get it!
            Well put, I would sweat my ass off for the perfect dress too. You wedding dress is special and you want to stay in it as long as possible IMO. I don't agree with wardrobe changes IMO again. The day goes by so fast stay in that dress for as long as you can..until the he hubby rips it off that is

#26 Sheree10

Sheree10
            • 1,026 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:40 PM

Lovely dress! As others have said use lots of powder. Also stay hydrated... it's your special day and you spend so much $$$ on the dress- wear it all night. That's what I plan to do. I may even wear the dress to our AHR. lol
              http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#27 Jennybell1

Jennybell1
              • 661 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 05:23 PM

I was told that by removing the crinolin on the dress, that it would provide some releif to the heat. I know from my first wedding I died from the heat due to the crinolin. However you need to find out how much the dress will change if it is removed. Luckily if you do remove the crinolin and dont like it without it - it is an easy fix.
                If you got hot when you tried the dress on, more then likely your going to be really hot in mexico, but you never know
                Good luck and congrats!

#28 mswhatever

mswhatever
                • 475 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 12:28 AM

I think you will be hot. A good rule of thumb is to put the dress on walk around the bridal shop for 30 minutes or so. See if you get hot. Ask the sales lady what temp they keep the shop. Compare it to your destination average for your date.

#29 blumenthale

blumenthale
                  • 242 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 12:45 PM

Get a dresss for the reception incase you need a little breathing time.

#30 baj

baj
                    • 1,555 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 12:58 PM

the dress is beautiful, go for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users