Photo

Will I be too hot in my dress?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 palmtree

palmtree
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 08:06 AM

I absolutely love my dress, but I'm worried I'm going to be too hot? Have any brides found they've needed to do a wardrobe change? What do you think?

Here's a link to my dress: WEDDING DRESS ADK 7778012

I'm thinking the crinoline might give me some breathing room.

#2 Jo 2010

Jo 2010
    • 291 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 08:19 AM

oh my god, your dress is stunning :)

i think its really hard to say if you are going to be too hot or not - it totally depends on the day...

I know in fiji if it rains that morning im going to be screwed no matter what im wearing as the humidity will kill me.

I think you ill be having to much fun to even notice... also look at the time of your ceremony. You may want to push the time back to later in the afternoon if you are worried about being too hot...?

#3 ML YoungLove

ML YoungLove
      • 531 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 08:30 AM

Beautiful dress! I agree, it depends on what time the ceremony is on how hot it will be. Good luck.
        Mrs. Young

#4 slapsappyhappy

slapsappyhappy
        • 443 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 08:34 AM

it is pretty! Try and have your ceremony in the afternoon. Also I have heard of people taking off the petticoat after the ceremony for the reception. Good luck!

#5 TammyB

TammyB
          • 10,630 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 08:35 AM

I think it would depend on where your wedding will be located, what time of day and year you are getting married. For example, I thought I was going to be really hot at my wedding, since I got married in June. However, Cabo has a nice breeze so I was able to kpet pretty cool the entire wedding, in fact at night it was a little chilly. Of course with all that said, I think a little sweat isn't bad, for the dress of your dreams. :-) Just be sure to drink lots of water.

#6 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
            • 2,777 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 08:40 AM

I had a mermaid gown and it was 100 degrees and super humid and I live in Montana so thats alot for us to adjust to. I sweat SO bad in my dress and my legs were sweating and rubbing together and I got a rash on them, but it was SO worth it.

I loved my dress and I looked great in it and I wouldn't have changed my dress or put on another dress if I were to do it over again. I'd just sweat my ass off again. If you are in love w/ the dress then get it!

#7 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,921 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 09:07 AM

Hot- but worth it!
                You could bring something to change into if you would like... but you may not want to change when it comes right down to it:)

#8 Amarillis

Amarillis
                • 1,913 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 09:30 AM

I too was worried, bought a great little dress to change into... at the end of the day with the assistance of 'Honey Dust' body powder..... I wore my dress the whole day.

I highly suggest investing in some 'honey dust' body powder - I purchased mine through one of those fantasia parties... it truly was a godsend and kept me fresh as a daisy all day!

#9 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
                  • 4,881 posts
                  • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
                  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
                  • LocationNew York

Posted 17 August 2009 - 10:32 AM

Sure, you'll be hot. You won't notice enough to care. I got married in August in Cancun and it was hot as blazes. I loved my dress and wouldn't have changed a thing!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#10 shellk

shellk
                  • 1,784 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:48 PM

your dress looks beautiful.even if you are really hot you will manage i am sure.you could get changed and put it back on later in the day.i think once you have it on you won,t want to take it back off hehe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users