Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieQ View Post
Ok for your entertainment, a monday morning funny from Sue

Saturday I go for a pedicure, as you remember I snapped my big toe nail pretty short. So I go to the same place for years and they know me pretty well. Amy is the little Asian chickie that I always have, she looks at my toes and is "oh no what did you do"? she knows my wedding is 2 months away. So I tell her, "I did it in the shower" She responds in broken english "oh bang bang in the shower". Ok you see where this is going!!! I go, "yeah I banged it in the shower"..... well there is oh about 30 customers there and they are all killing themselves laughing as these little chickies are going on about me getting some bang bang on in the shower and breaking my toe nail. Why does polish take so long to dry when you have a red face and high blood pressure?
The best I am about to leave when the owner David yells out to me "Susie no more bang bang in the shower, your not married yet". Dear God!!! Good thing i have SENSE OF HUMOR!!! Now I am off to work
LMAO! Oh Susie....my stomache hurts from laughing:)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by svetayasofiya View Post
Oooh! kristaheer I love your shoes!!

Anyway... re. the OOT bags, I hope no one thinks I am being cheap but I just can't afford that. Even by trying to be on the cheaper side $15-$20 a bag... with 40 people coming! That's $600-$800!! Nope, no way, no how. I'll show everyone my appreciation with a big juicy kiss and hug, LOL
I hear ya doll... it kinda snowballs out of control... You have to do what your good with and nothing more.

OH Shells....

susie,funny story made me laugh out loud.you reminded me i really need to start my xmas shopping.i have drove home from work tonight feeling bit sad cause fi working away all week seeing all of the xmas lights in windows then pulled up outside my dark empty house.feeling sorry for me yet?i aint even got a stroppy step daughter to come home to.

Lately I think I would rather come home to axe murderer, at least I know not to turn my back to him. She has been the devil the last few weeks..... She pulled this crap last summer and it seemed to have passed and it's back.... I called her the re-occuring STD...Stephanie Torment and Drama. I know, going to hell!!!!

I am not doing huge oot bags either. I have found a few sites with bags on them and think I am going with one on Discount Mugs that actually looks like a beach bag. My MOH suggested we do our own personalizing with iron on transfer, so we will personalize things a bit that way. Otherwise we are doing the travel mug with "Mayan Riviera February 25, 2010" on it so that people will hopefully use them once they come home. Otherwise, hand sanitizer, snacks, little first aid kits we are making up...most people need bandaides more than anything, rather than lots of gauze, and gum we a making lables for. I like doing little things like this, so it is kind of a compromise. The wedding party and the parents will get a bit extra and the kids will get coloring books and some other kids stuff. My FI supports the idea, but points out part of the reason we did the DW was to save some money too.

I have good news though - my dress is in!smile29.gif The store called and told me to set up a fitting appointment. Of course with only one day off this week and invitations to finish I am not sure I can get there till next weeksad.gif But at least it is here! Woohooo!

Speaking of which, off to work I go. At least it is night shift! If you guys can't sleep I may be able to catch up more later:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellk View Post
...i have drove home from work tonight feeling bit sad cause fi working away all week seeing all of the xmas lights in windows then pulled up outside my dark empty house.feeling sorry for me yet?i aint even got a stroppy step daughter to come home to.
I know how you feel! My FI has been working so much lately. Late Friday... Saturday afternoon, all day Sunday and now he just called saying he'll be late again! I did all the decorating yesterday by myself *not that I would have let him, but I miss him! and I am going home for Christmas on the 19th for ten days so I need some alone time with him like NOW. lol His company is really great and he gets paid overtime and stuff, but I am starting to get pissed off because he hasn't had on day off since April and they keep working him to the bone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyandTricia View Post
I think it's just a way of saying "thanks" for making the trip. Mine is not going to be as elaborate as some that I have heard, but some people go all out! I'm still deciding what's going in mine...trying to keep the cost down. The more dollar items the better! So far I'm thinking mine will include:
Wholesale Replica Sunglasses - Replica Styles is what we are putting in for girls and guys so we can all have fun matching sunglasses which are fun for photos!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristaheer View Post
Also found my shoes...what do you think (the silver ones)?
Caparros Bold Sequined Slide - DSW
Love them Very Cute-- Great choice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raykel View Post
I am not doing huge oot bags either. I have found a few sites with bags on them and think I am going with one on Discount Mugs that actually looks like a beach bag. My MOH suggested we do our own personalizing with iron on transfer, travel mug with "Mayan Riviera February 25, 2010" on it so that people will hopefully use them once they come home. Otherwise, hand sanitizer, snacks, little first aid kits we are making up...most people need bandaides more than anything, rather than lots of gauze, and gum we a making lables for.
I have good news though - my dress is in

Speaking of which, off to work I go. At least it is night shift! If you guys can't sleep I may be able to catch up more later:)
Yea for your dress being in!! I am thinking about getting some funny bandaids like the tattoo or sponge bob square pants ones just so I can laugh if someone actually needs to use them!

Susie-- I was laughing so hard my FI actually stopped wiping his greasy chip fingers on his socks and said "whats so funny??" Boys!!
The sleeping thing is just not going well.... I need a hot tub too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMsMoulton View Post
Yea for your dress being in!! I am thinking about getting some funny bandaids like the tattoo or sponge bob square pants ones just so I can laugh if someone actually needs to use them!

That is a great idea! Hahaha sponge bob bandaides...maybe some barbie ones too...for the tough guys *snicker*....

You ladies are hilarious! I definitely needed these stories today....

Raykel....yeah! Your dress is in.....I know how you feel.... just waiting to go try it on again!

I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but.........I haven't even set up my christmas tree or decorations (which is TOTALLY NOT ME) because I am so distracted with wanting to do wedding stuff.

My OOT bags are a little crazy... personalized but not that expensive- the guests all really have paid quite a bit to be there so I want to make sure they feel appreciated (and I am much more comfortable shifting the attention to someone else)...

For the guys I got koozies (abt 2bucks a pop) and flashlights thought the guys might get a kick out of using them for moonlit walks (stumbles)... plus Home Depot had them on sale (xmas time) 6 for 9 bucks with batteries....

The bags themselves were a buck and canvas, and I ironed on Jamaican flags with a patois (Jamaican creole/french language?) expression of love- Iron on paper turned out to be cheap and easy. Seems like a lot of people spent $$ on bags

Instead of putting bandaids in each bag, I am going to include a line in the welcome letter saying that if anyone needs a band aid, aloe, sun lotion etc, that the MOH and BM have emergency kits (I have asked them both to bring emergency kits)

Might try again on the pics tonight

Shellk we left the UK because of the damp cold... Feb for a trip to Mexico is about as close to perfect as you can get!

MsMoulton- I am an hour east of Orlando in a little town called New Smyrna Beach... Do you come to Orlando often?

PS FI is more interested today- all his fantasy football players played yesterday :))