• Please log in to reply
2780 replies to this topic

#341 futuremrsgoodrich

futuremrsgoodrich
  • 361 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 08:50 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SusieQ
    Is it just me or are you gals in like wedding over-load mode?? I am wedding focused 24/7 lately and it is driving me nuts!!!!!
    Mrs Moulton, are you flying to your DW for free (hope so)

SusieQ- Got a chuckle at the thought of a fur coat and ughs LOL... sounds like you've got it covered with the FMIL... earrings sound nice. I am planning to get Lancome to do me a makeover. You can call them and they will do you one for free. Was hoping to get some ideas from them. They will also give you a weeks of liquid makeup for free to try. Hoping for the best with that. I love Sephora.

I am totally nuts in wedding overload... I can barely have a conversation that doesnt lead back to it... I love it though, tonight emergen-c, anti-bug wipes and motrin arrived (for the oot bags)... spent about 2-3 hours on the phone with calls for the AHR (my dad wants to bbq on the beach at the reception hall)... and am throwing a slight fit at the lack of customer service beaches is providing (I just want to get the details settled, its not that far off and I get no email or return calls)

Started Jillian's 30 day shred 2 days ago and am walking like an invalid today .lol

#342 FutureMsMoulton

FutureMsMoulton
    • 762 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 10:03 PM

Susie- Agreed great choice on not going with the Fur and i LOVE the thought of maybe getting a great set of earrings that could become a family heirloom passed down through the generations.

MrsGoodrich- I've heard that Jillian will kick your ass into shape pretty good. I got the bootcamp with Bob and I like to feel that burn, but P90X is the best! The Maybelline that you use runs really bad under my eyes for some reason-- a lot of them do though.

Shelk- I have the Maybelline in the Green canister and I really like it so far its winning my vote for staying put!

Meyer- Thats awesome that you are building your own mini empire with the real estate world!!

#343 Meyer2010

Meyer2010
      • 429 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 10:07 PM

Quote:
        Hi Shells
        I will talk to FMIL on wednesday, I have another dress fitting and she wanted to tag along to see my dress. I will have to tell her, Just the thought of having her spend that kind of money on something I will never wear is just wrong. I know I would never feel comfortable with it on. Funny enough I know she has two fur coats and I have never seen her with either on...
        I went to Sephora today and looked their stuff... holy smokes for about $250 I could have got the basics for my wedding day.... That is way too much.... I wear make up on the weekends and sometimes during the week. Mostly nothing!!!!! I think that is alot for makeup. I will maybe go to the local drug store and check out the brands they have. $54 dollars for a foundation was a bit extreme.....
        I LOVE SEPHORA!!!

But on my last vacation I was in the airport lobby and found the perfect travel pack, it's made by Clinique. Here are the details...

Clinique Travel Exclusive
        - 4 eyeshadow
        - 1 blush
        - 1 double face powder
        - 4 lipsticks & 1 sheer
        - 1 High Impact Mascara

Click the image to open in full size.

... and comes in this cute little case. I just love it! It was $40 but well worth it.

Click the image to open in full size.

Good Luck!

~ Erica

#344 TeNeil

TeNeil
        • 192 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 12:05 AM

While talking about make-up, I have to let you know about a product by Merle Norman.....it is called Model in a Bottle. My photographer told me about it and said that it will help your make-up stay put ALL day without feeling like a mask. She recommends it to all of her brides....she even had a bride go in the pool for her TTD and her make-up still looked amazing!
          For mascara.....i have tried 100 brands and still go back to Maybelline Full n Soft waterproof.
          I too love Sephora and Mac make-up but have found that Lancome (foundation) and Merle Norman (lip stick pencils...liner and color in one) are winning me over.

#345 TeNeil

TeNeil
          • 192 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 12:10 AM

For all you Canadian brides (and maybe they deliver to US too...not sure), check out Wedding Star for decoration and favor ideas. I ordered hand fans for our ceremony today: Contemporary Hearts Hand Fans - Weddingstar United States
            I also ordered monogram stickers for our favors. I wanted to turn the monogram that I made (which I still haven't figured out how to attach to my siggy) into stickers, but this costs too much money. The ones that I found are pretty nice and much more affordable.

#346 Raykel

Raykel
            • 489 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:20 AM

vdaybride...thanks for the link!

SusieQ....I agree with Mrs Moulton...what FMIL will not love the idea of being part of a family heirloom that will get passed down. Hopefully she sees it the way we all do:)

TeNeil...where can we find this Merle Norman? I know there used to be a store front in a mall here, but I have not seen it in years. Do you have to find a personal sales rep?

#347 futuremrsgoodrich

futuremrsgoodrich
              • 361 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:10 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by FutureMsMoulton
                Susie- Agreed great choice on not going with the Fur and i LOVE the thought of maybe getting a great set of earrings that could become a family heirloom passed down through the generations.

MrsGoodrich- I've heard that Jillian will kick your ass into shape pretty good. I got the bootcamp with Bob and I like to feel that burn, but P90X is the best! The Maybelline that you use runs really bad under my eyes for some reason-- a lot of them do though.

Shelk- I have the Maybelline in the Green canister and I really like it so far its winning my vote for staying put!

Meyer- Thats awesome that you are building your own mini empire with the real estate world!!
                what's P90X? Do tell....

Going to look in to the Merle Norman model in a bottle and wedding star... thanks for the suggestions!

#348 SusieQ

SusieQ
                • 1,603 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:11 AM

I have a plan to deal with FMIL, I am taking her to dinner before we go see the the dress. I called her last night and she is very excited, she has another DIL that she gets along well with however they would never do dinner together. She pretty happy when i called her last night and suggested dinner and a chat about the wedding. She hasn't had any input into the wedding because she has been away for all of September and October. I actually looked at some diamond ear rings yesterday at the mall. I am really liking that idea. I could even wear them for the wedding... maybe not.. I want dangling bling.lol
                  I think I am going to try the local "Shoppers Drug Mart" they apparently do make up applications for free here. My gfriend told me that the one closest to me has a really awesome girl there has done her makeup a couple for times. My one gfriend never goes through the door without looking polished to the 9's. I'll see what this gal can come up with.
                  Have a great day ladies... stay outta trouble

#349 vdaybride

vdaybride
                  • 1,412 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:47 AM

Quote:
                    I have a plan to deal with FMIL, I am taking her to dinner before we go see the the dress. I called her last night and she is very excited, she has another DIL that she gets along well with however they would never do dinner together. She pretty happy when i called her last night and suggested dinner and a chat about the wedding. She hasn't had any input into the wedding because she has been away for all of September and October. I actually looked at some diamond ear rings yesterday at the mall. I am really liking that idea. I could even wear them for the wedding... maybe not.. I want dangling bling.lol
                    I think I am going to try the local "Shoppers Drug Mart" they apparently do make up applications for free here. My gfriend told me that the one closest to me has a really awesome girl there has done her makeup a couple for times. My one gfriend never goes through the door without looking polished to the 9's. I'll see what this gal can come up with.
                    Dangly bling...I knew I liked you for a reason :). Yes, that would be a more practical gift. I am sure you would get a LOT more use out of them than a fur coat. You have a great day as well.
                    Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

#350 Meyer2010

Meyer2010
                    • 429 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 11:41 AM

Quote:
                      Nice thinking on the earrings!! Sounds like you and the FMIL are bonding.... so cute!!!

When I head to the states next month I'm going to hit a few of those makeup counters for free demos! I can't wait.

Trouble? I think you are the girl that gets into trouble! Oh wait, it could be Shellk since she has a thing for batteries.... lol

Have a good day girls!

~ China Girl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users