• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ladies-

Wow lots going on with everyone!

Krista- Glad to hear that your reception went well.

Timberly- Raise Hell over the credit score dropping thats BS

Tricia- HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY OUR DEAREST TRICIAAAAA HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!

Chris- I am hoping to get time to see your photos tommorrow after my internet is up at the house.

As for the Meet Up in NYC maybe we could plan it for Sept because I am due in Early DEC and plan on flying until the doctor tells me no more (lets face it I need to keep the paychecks coming). No more bad boughts of morning sickness-- knock on wood and it was ackward trying to explain to my family and friends why I wasn't joining them for beer or drinks this weekend. I said I think I am getting an ulcer from the stress of the move and reception (LIAR!!!!)

My sister found out on accident and is sworn to double secert probation secrecy (animal house) she was going through my pics and got into the older ones and found the pic of the test. Opps.... I took it off the camera and put it onto my computer about 2 min later so that didn't happen again. I then showed her the I love my Auntie shirt I had planned to give her on Sunday and she cried.

I will try to post all of the amazing changes to the house sometime soon....its been crazy!

Sue - you have the best stories! HA HA! Love it!

Krista I'm glad to hear that your AHR went so well! I saw the pics on facebook and it looks like you guys had a great time!!

Chris - I can't wait to see more pics!!

Happy birthday Tricia!!!

Brooke I can't wait to see house pics, and also new baby belly pics! I love seeing baby belly pics and how the belly gets bigger and bigger.

So, did wedding stuff this weekend ladies and it was awesome!! My FMIL and I figured out AHR invitation list, and next weekend we are going to send out the AHR invitations. We also figured out some of the details for decos, food, etc. We have decided against punch bowls on the tables (thanks ladies for the advice!), and instead, we will have glass vases with seashells, flowers, water, etc. and fuschia rose petals and candles on the tables.

We are still having punch, but since the venue is inside, with doors open, we will have a big clear glass lemonade jar with a spout. That way we still have the awesome colors show through, without all the spill with a ladel.

Anyway, Alison my dress arrived!!! YAYYYY!! I haven't seen it yet, because it arrived yesterday at my in laws, but I'm going over there sometime this week to check it out. Thanks again!

I also received my iron on transfers from etsy that I ordered to make t-shirts, so I'll post pictures once I have those done, probably in a few weeks! :) I love the ones I ordered because they are in the disney font (I'm in love with disney everything), and the bride one I got is hot pink rhinestones, and I got a "just married" one in disney font too! :)

My resort WC sent me the form to fill out by May 15 with all my preferences, guest list, etc. so its starting to feel even more real! YIKES! I can't believe that I only have 3 weeks to fill that out. I better get started!

As a side note, I asked Sean about writing his vows, and I told him that we need to get on that. He said, don't worry, and I said, what does that mean, you'll wait till last minute? and he says, no, I started on mine 6 months ago. I was like, whathuh.gif And he said, yeah, everytime I think of you and think of something I want to say in my vows, I write it down.....awwwww!!

I feel totally lost and don't even know where to begin with vows, I'm not a very creative person, and FI is Very very very creative, so I told him that I have to go first with vows, otherwise he'll sound all awesome and mine will be crap in comparison to his...lol...

Anyway, I should get going! Ta ta ladies!!

Hi Ladies :)

Krista- Im glad the dress arrived and hope it works for you. Your special dress is gorgeous! I think flowers or the pin could work. I kind of like the idea of the starfish pin with the veil but I am sure you could make flowers amazing with it too. If you chose the starfish, you could wear flowers for your rehearsal dinner? Does your FI really have a vision of you with flowers in your hair or did he just respond and maybe is not too concerned with the details (as is the case with my DH)? Sooooo sweet that your guy has been working on your vows. :)

Our weekend in NYC was tons of fun! September sounds good to me- there is sooo much to do!!

Happy Birthday Tricia :)

The count down is on for Hawaii... 55 days to go. Hope everyone has a great week!

Ali

Brooke - sorry your sister found out but now you have someone to help you out at your reception if you need it ha ha ha 14 kegs? 40 bottles? holy crap lady!! Hope you have a great time regardless of the fact that you can't drink. I had a total of 3 drinks and I really was okay with that and still had a great time.

Krista - check the internet for inspiration or a little push with your vows. Just because someone else wrote parts of it doesn't mean you don't feel it.

Ali - glad you had a great time in NY.

I can't believe it's only Tuesday - I'm still so tired!!

Good Morning girls! I hope it is sunny beautiful outside where you all are like it is here today! Spring has come so early to the East that I am going to have to mow the lawn soon! *Or make the husband do it, lol

Interesting that a wedding coordinator would solicit business in a thread where all the brides ALREADY got married. *Weird

Krista H- I saw the pictures of your AHR on Facebook. Looked like a great party!! What was it like for all of you who had an AHR to wear your dress again? Eric and I were talking about it last night because I guess someone asked him if we were doing something and then I mentioned to him should we have? I kind of regret it but in our case, I think it would have been a moot point. All my family is in Alberta or BC and everyone came that we invited except for an uncle and a couple friends (who wouldn't fly out to Mtl. for an AHR either). Locally... again, most everyone came, so I said- who'd we have this party for? 5 friends and your uncles who couldn't be bothered to even RSVP to the original wedding? So yeah, no AHR for us. Maybe if we had a ton of $$$ it would be fun to throw a party for all our friends (not just close ones)... I'd like to wear my dress again, but I don't think anyone cares anymore. lol Plus it's still lying on our guest bed in it's bag all dirty from the wedding day. So sad.

Brooke- congrats on being a home owner! I would love to see before and after shots of all the work you guys have been doing. It's really rewarding to see all the results of hard work eh? We have been in our house for a year and a half and are still doing stuff. Room by room, every single wall, baseboard and ceiling needed to be painted. Every light fixture needed replacing. Soon we will be tackling the flooring in the basement. Yay renos!

Have tons of fun at your AHR this weekend! I think it's cool your sister found out about your pregnancy. Are you planning on telling the family after Saturday?

Krista B- sounds like things are coming along nicely. Don't fret over the vows, but dont be me either! It was something we couldn't decide on (or rather something I couldn't decide on). I knew Eric wanted to do vows, but I was on the fence because I was so determined not to cry, I just feared that if I said my own vows I'd lose it. So right up until our meeting with our WC we still hadn't made a decision. I left it in Eric's hands because he was the one who'd see the officiant before the ceremony started and could tell him our plans then. So sure enough half way through the ceremony there it was, the time when we had the option to say our own vows... Eric pulls all these papers out of his pocket, LOL he had written down the most beautiful speech. When it came time for my turn, all I could muster out was 'I love You' in a crackly awful voice as I had lost my voice that week. haha Then I managed to say a little something, but holy awkward! It was my own fault. Soooo definitely don't leave to improvisation like I did.

Ali- yay Hawaii!!! Lucky girl!!! Did you get a chance to meet up with Timberly in NYC?

Well girls, back to work. My co-worker is really driving me crazy. I am soooo not trying to stress about baby stuff and TTC but everyday all day I have to listen to her talk about her 'secret' symptoms from morning to evening. I have never met a more grumpy and pathetic person on top of it!! All she does is complain, complain, complain. I want to smack her! LOL H E L P

OK ladies I was working on my wedding photos for the tables and i remembered that I never posted my HUGE opps moment during my photos! i am so over stressed out with the reception stuff that I figured I could use a good laugh and so could you guys... WARNING-- You will see my thong!! lol

<b>The moment before </b>

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Chris--- I think the best way to get her to shut up to ask her all about it.... so have you picked out names? Have you told your family? Can I post how excited I am for you on facebook? How much do you throw up? Do you have really bad gas? How much do you pee? How fat do you think you are going to get? Do you think you will have a hard time losing that baby weight cause you look like your metabolism isn't working very well. Remind her every day that she is looking really fat today and that she might want to keep away from the snacks!! I can almost gurantee she won't be mentioning the baby to you again anytime soon! lol