Sign in to follow this  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeNeil View Post
GOOD NEWS!
Went shopping for a dress yesterday and found one within 5 hours. I absolutely LOVE it! It has now been ordered and the shop guaranteed that it will arrive sometime in January. I was definitely cutting it close......multiple stores told me that if I would have waited one more week, they may not have been able to order a dress in before my wedding in February. Phheeeewww!
Unfortunately I won't have any pics until after the wedding sad.gif
I am already catching myself daydreaming about my dress!
Excellent news TeNeil!

I bet you can't wait to get it!
Describe it to us!
I'm SO EXCITED for you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeNeil View Post
GOOD NEWS!
Went shopping for a dress yesterday and found one within 5 hours. I absolutely LOVE it! It has now been ordered and the shop guaranteed that it will arrive sometime in January. I was definitely cutting it close......multiple stores told me that if I would have waited one more week, they may not have been able to order a dress in before my wedding in February. Phheeeewww!
Unfortunately I won't have any pics until after the wedding sad.gif
I am already catching myself daydreaming about my dress!
Great news! I bought my dress in May and I still day dream about it. :)

Shell I love your shoes and dress! I still need to buy shoes... lol Groomsmen clothes... rings... passport for fiancée... yeah, I better get on it.

thankyou very much ladies.i really do apologize for the photograph i am a very happy smiley person honest.when i go back in december i will get a better one for you.don,t show it your children it will give them nightmares.it is just one piece but is too big yet.

teneil,

bet your still dreaming i bet you had a permanant smile on your face yesterday.we need a description to keep us going.

abailly,

welcome.i don,t think your crazy at all go for it.i take it you are a little arty then?it amazes me when i see pics of stuff on here that the ladies have made

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellk View Post
thankyou very much ladies.i really do apologize for the photograph i am a very happy smiley person honest.when i go back in december i will get a better one for you.don,t show it your children it will give them nightmares.it is just one piece but is too big yet.

teneil,
bet your still dreaming i bet you had a permanant smile on your face yesterday.we need a description to keep us going.

abailly,
welcome.i don,t think your crazy at all go for it.i take it you are a little arty then?it amazes me when i see pics of stuff on here that the ladies have made
I think we've all been there before. Trying on dress after dress after dress!
Your mom and FI's mom have a different taste than you and they want you to try on these huge princess looking dresses. You don't want to, BUT it is fun for them so you head back in the dressing room and throw on that ugly dress they picked! I remember getting home from dress shopping, collapsing on the couch and sleeping for 2 hours before my FI got home and wondered what happened to me! LOL

I actually found dress shopping really stressful and not fun at all! I even found my dress within an hour... but the whole process was not anything I enjoyed. I remember I had a panic attack at a store when the shop lady put a veil on my head. Needless to say I will be getting married veiless. blush2.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by svetayasofiya View Post
I actually found dress shopping really stressful and not fun at all! I even found my dress within an hour... but the whole process was not anything I enjoyed. I remember I had a panic attack at a store when the shop lady put a veil on my head. Needless to say I will be getting married veiless. blush2.gif
Awwwww that's not fun at all. When I went I had an idea of what I wanted, but didn't know what would look good so I tried on every dress my friends found. I was definately worn out!! The sales clerk kept pushing about the veil and from the beginning I didn't want to wear one so I was like fine I'll put it on, but I'm not buying one so you're wasting your time. ha ha ha She stopped after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svetayasofiya View Post
sorry but you just made me laugh.i did,nt have a panick attack but i was like what the hell i dont think so lol

The lady at my shop brought me my gown and jewellry and then this weird net and feather combo that is all the rage in the couture shows in Europe. I humored here but said not going to happen. I too will be married veilless.

Yeah it's not like FI is going to be really surprized as to whats under the veil, "you been looking at the same face long enough to know what it looks like, good days and bad days." I had this sales lady trying to put come bird cage thing in my head, lol Ah No!!!! take that off now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found dress shopping kind of fun and it went way faster than I thought. I didn't fall for any of the dresses until I tired on "the one." After that, I found one other that was a competitor, but as soon as I tried on my original favorite.....I swiped the credit card!!

My dress is made by Pronovias.....M.M. something. I'm not sure of the style name but it is kind of a trumpet style. I will post pics in January when I get my hands on my dress.

Thanks for all your kind words and support!