Sign in to follow this  

So, my fiance and I finally went and registered this weekend. What a task!!! Did any of you have a hard time finding stuff to register for? I think because we have both lived alone before getting married we feel like we already have "the basics." Someone told us to register for 2x the amount of invites sent out, which would be 320 items! We maybe got 70 and that was stretching it. Any suggestions for registry "must-haves"?

I found it painful and tiring registering...like you we have almost everything. I told a friend of mine that the bank should let you register there. ha ha ha ha ha

vday bride- love your dress, Im sure it feels gorgeous :)

Let's compare details:

Children: none yet

Sign: Sag

Favorite colour: pink

Favorite food: cookies with ice cream

Favorite drink: wine/ water/ diet coke

Car: baby blue scion tc

Pets: a lovable mutt named Felix and 2 kittens that were strays born in our backyard, Tabitha and Jett

Job/Career: Pediatric occupational therapist

Music: eclectic with a leaning towards modern rock

Fav. Show anything TLC

Siblings I have 1 younger brother

Tricia--- We did the SAME thing and struggled to find stuff to register for and we did Kohls and Target and still only got like 125 things registered for and some of it was like $200 bed sets and stuff that we don't plan on getting anyways.

All About Brooke

Children: 0 yet-- trying right after the wedding

Sign: Cancer

Favorite color: Lime Green (even the car)

Favorite food: Honeybuns (just kidding Vday- Ive never had one) Shrimp!!!

Favorite drink: Diet Coke its a terrible addiction

Car: My lime Green VW Beetle

Pets: Ruggar my 10 yr old cat and Jayjay my 4 yr old cat

Job/Career: Flight Attendant and Real Estate Assisant

Music: Country/Adult Contemporary/ cheesy 80s

Fav. Show: Grey's Anatomy, the Biggest Loser, Private Practice, Sons of Anarchy

Siblings: I sister 5.5 years younger than me

Great idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyandTricia View Post
Vdaybride- Your dress is beautiful!! I especially LOVE the train. Gorgeous!
Thank you so much and WELCOME!! Registering was a hard task for us as well. I was recently in Crate and Barrel with my FI and there was a couple with literally a TRUCKLOAD of wedding gifts at the entrance of the store. The bride told me that she registered for a bunch of stuff that she had no intention of keeping so that she could "return it and get what she really wanted" I just stared at her with my mouth open, my FI just reached over and shut it for me..true story!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMsMoulton View Post
All About Brooke
Children: 0 yet-- trying right after the wedding
Sign: Cancer
Favorite color: Lime Green (even the car)
Favorite food: Honeybuns (just kidding Vday- Ive never had one) Shrimp!!!
Favorite drink: Diet Coke its a terrible addiction
Car: My lime Green VW Beetle
Pets: Ruggar my 10 yr old cat and Jayjay my 4 yr old cat
Job/Career: Flight Attendant and Real Estate Assisant
Music: Country/Adult Contemporary/ cheesy 80s
Fav. Show: Grey's Anatomy, the Biggest Loser, Private Practice, Sons of Anarchy
Siblings: I sister 5.5 years younger than me

Great idea!
Remind me to pinch you on Sunday for that honey bun jab.LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdaybride View Post
Thank you so much and WELCOME!! Registering was a hard task for us as well. I was recently in Crate and Barrel with my FI and there was a couple with literally a TRUCKLOAD of wedding gifts at the entrance of the store. The bride told me that she registered for a bunch of stuff that she had no intention of keeping so that she could "return it and get what she really wanted" I just stared at her with my mouth open, my FI just reached over and shut it for me..true story!
Wow...that just seems wrong - not you being shocked, but someone actually admitting they did that out loud. Boo.

SusieQ....you and me both with the weird hours...I have been online tons tonight and think I may have found one of my flower girls her present! Yippeee...one more thing to cross off "The List".