Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

vdaybride - your dress is gorgeous!!

 

Susie - love the dresses you're taking. Do you have a favourite seller on eBay? I love eBay!!

 

How is everyone's Christmas shopping going? I'm usually done by now and it's driving me nuts because I have so much more to buy. Doesn't help that I have to go away for work again, although I'm heading to TX after the US Thanksgiving so I'm HOPING they will have great sales!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wedding planning is not bad...well AHR is going well, but I still haven't heard from the WC. Next week I am sending another email/follow-up - I know they work on "resort" time, but it's not the speed I like to go. :)

 

Got a sample of fabric from the girls dresses and now the hunt is on for the groomsman shirts. I'm hoping I find a good deal at Kohl's or somewhere similar. If not, we come back home and try our luck here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the compliments ladies, I did love the dress. I did resist the honeybun, but had a 5 nut brownie for desert after dinner :) I walked about a mile though, so I balanced it out.

 

I have to make my list of cool places that I have to visit to give out hugs, lets see... china, Minneapolis, Ontario, England... you ladies have become my extended family and sounding boards and have this experience a LOT less scary! All of the different experiences and perspectives are extremely helpful during these crazy times. I say all that to say THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

vdaybride-no problem thats what we are here for.im just interested in who will be the first one of us all to crack we hould start a poll lol.did you answer me when i asked what date you travel?

 

to all of you - i normally love xmas this year not interested at all.we normally do the feeding/entertaining but i have already said im doing nothing except going to my mums to be fed hehe.i never start xmas shopping until mid december so that may even start later this year.how miserable does that sound hehe i do have a wedding to plan you know and a forum to keep updating

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellk View Post
vdaybride-no problem thats what we are here for.im just interested in who will be the first one of us all to crack we hould start a poll lol.did you answer me when i asked what date you travel?

to all of you - i normally love xmas this year not interested at all.we normally do the feeding/entertaining but i have already said im doing nothing except going to my mums to be fed hehe.i never start xmas shopping until mid december so that may even start later this year.how miserable does that sound hehe i do have a wedding to plan you know and a forum to keep updating
Oh excuse me, we travel Feb 10. until Feb. 16th. Short honeymoon, but our 5yr old goes to this ritzy private school and they FROWN on absences. So we are keeping it short so that she only misses a half of a day of school. Then things we do for our kids! She has spring break in March and we will travel again then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I completely understand about not feeling like Xmas shopping. I don't even feel like traveling for Thanksgiving. My FI wants to go to Atlanta for Thanksgiving to spend time with his mother.. the problem is I CANT STAND HIS MOM!! (LOOOONG story there!! its a justifiable disliking, believe me!!) even if I could stand her, I am not in the mood to travel, I have to leave for New Orleans on Wednesday until Sunday and all I can think about is ... do you know how many DIY projects I can get done during that time?!?! whats a girl to do sad.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristaheer View Post
vdaybride - your dress is gorgeous!!

Susie - love the dresses you're taking. Do you have a favourite seller on eBay? I love eBay!!

How is everyone's Christmas shopping going? I'm usually done by now and it's driving me nuts because I have so much more to buy. Doesn't help that I have to go away for work again, although I'm heading to TX after the US Thanksgiving so I'm HOPING they will have great sales!!
I am really random when I order online.. No favourites, just whatever stikes my fancy.
Xmas shopping, I have started and I am not too motivated... Too many wedding thoughts to really focus on pretending to be the fat man in red. Our kids are older 15 and 20 and they have been told this is a lean xmas because when have purchased them a vacation. They are really kool about it. FI and I have done a $100 limit for each other.
How are you other ladies doing huh.gif?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok we all get along so great there has to be common elements that we share, to be on the same page all the time:

Let's compare details

Age: 42

Children: 1

Sign: Libra

Favorite colour: red

Favorite food: pasta

Favorite drink: wine

Car: white mazda 3

Pets: two dogs Boston & Aussie Shepherd

Job/Career: Jack of all trades (most of my career youth crisis worker) Always in public relations or front line staff

Status: Divorced

Music: Old rock Aero speedwagon, Stones, Kiss, Journey, ACDC

Fav. Show CSI and Criminal Minds

Siblings 2, i am the oldest of 3

Ok I can not think of anymore to compare!!!!

let's try it from there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieQ View Post
Ok we all get along so great there has to be common elements that we share, to be on the same page all the time:
Let's compare details
Age: 42
Children: 1
Sign: Libra
Favorite colour: red
Favorite food: pasta
Favorite drink: wine
Car: white mazda 3
Pets: two dogs Boston & Aussie Shepherd
Job/Career: Jack of all trades (most of my career youth crisis worker) Always in public relations or front line staff
Status: Divorced
Music: Old rock Aero speedwagon, Stones, Kiss, Journey, ACDC
Fav. Show CSI and Criminal Minds
Siblings 2, i am the oldest of 3
Ok I can not think of anymore to compare!!!!
let's try it from there!
Great idea!!
Age:32
Child: 1.. (with fiance)
Sign:Capricorn
Favorite color: RED
Favorite food: PASTA
Favorit drink: Blue Hawaiian
Status: single/never married
Job: speech language pathologist..owner of a SMALL private practice
Music: anything playing on the radio..lol
Fav shows: CSI, Greys Anatomy, bridezillas, say yes to the dress, platinum weddings
siblings: 2 brothers, younger than me, 1 sister older than me
Favorite color: RED
Favorite food: PASTA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×