Quote:
Originally Posted by vdaybride View Post
Maybe you could use the wording... your names... followed by "together with our parents want to invite you to" ....... That way no one will feel left out or singled out, but feel like they are being acknowledged ALL sets of parents would feel acknowledged and appreciated whether they contributed or not.
Well said! I totally agree.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMsMoulton View Post
Hi Ladies--- I've missed you all the last two days!

Sve--Glad to hear that you got a suprise in after all since your bday was kind of a bust!

Vday- I use to be a Passion Party consultant and its really not as bad as it sounds we always had a lot of fun when I was demonstrating.

I am also really appaled that someone would register just to return stuff and get what they "really" wanted. I put the $849 tv on my registry-- not planning to get it but I want it.
My 1st bridal shower is this weekend (Having 2 for each side his side and mine) and I agree that I Don't want to do all the penis gag gift stuff and going out to the bars asking for guys underwear... I did that stuff in college for goodness sakes! I want to be an adult already. My mom did one where they all had to wear their old bridesmaid dresses and that was really funny to see!
Consultant huh? No wonder your sweety has an ear to ear grin. We must discuss this over shopping on next Sunday! popcorn.gif

I agree with VDay on the AHR wording. Great way to keep it simple and not leave anyone out.

We didn't put our parents because we are paying for most things and also because of the step-parent thing and too many names ( I didn't even think of just using "parents", but too late now).

We put something along these lines:

TeNeil......

&

Greg........

will be married in the breathtaking Mayan Riviera

Please join us for a celebration when we return

(Date and Time)

(Location)

Quote:
OH yes, I forgot to mention.... I hit the 50% off motherload.... my cousin came through :) hooray for extended family that you haven't seen in over 7 years!!!

Click the image to open in full size.
Oh life is just peachy for you "ya lil Diva you," hahhaha that buy was totally awesome and I'd be grinning "ear to ear". Funny how people will come out of the wood work for you. Sweet Deal!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is your laugh for the day!

I am rushing getting a shower last night and in the panic of shaving legs and trying not to cut myself... I step on the stupid little plastic cover and jump in pain and I kick the tiled shower wall, well snap goes the big toe nail.... OUCH!!! oh did it ouch... few curse words.. I am now staring at a very very short toe nail and I am about to cry... NOT FROM THE PAIN... I am freaking out about how short it is and if it will be long enough for french manicure in time for the wedding....Total Drama Queen!!!!!! How do we get so twisted and absorbed? lol

Have a great day ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieQ View Post
Here is your laugh for the day!
I am rushing getting a shower last night and in the panic of shaving legs and trying not to cut myself... I step on the stupid little plastic cover and jump in pain and I kick the tiled shower wall, well snap goes the big toe nail.... OUCH!!! oh did it ouch... few curse words.. I am now staring at a very very short toe nail and I am about to cry... NOT FROM THE PAIN... I am freaking out about how short it is and if it will be long enough for french manicure in time for the wedding....Total Drama Queen!!!!!! How do we get so twisted and absorbed? lol
Have a great day ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG, OUCH! I cant laugh at that! All the way offhuh.gif Owwwww... Im sure if will grow back by Feb! Ouch

Re. the wording on the invite for the 1 month later AHR party, these is a topic on it in the forum and one person posted a link with a ton of wording suggestions that are cute (I would link you to it but cant remember the name)... maybe do a search top right ?

This week I am working on luggage tags. Office max has the plastic laminated kinds (I am going to attempt to iron them). They were 12.99 for 25 and I thought I would send one to each guest in their travel itinerary before we all leave... getting so excited. I learned yesterday that we can have our reception on the beach at sunset in Negril. Fabulous..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyandTricia View Post
I need opinions on a couple of things....

First, do any of you have any wording for the invite for the AHR (one month after ceremony)?

Secondly...Here's my situation...parents are divorced, both remarried for over 20 yrs., mom and stepdad just divorced a few years ago. So I have 3 groups of parents. Dad and Step mom helping to pay (the majority) of the AHR. When I send out invites should I...

A. Just put my fiance and I's name announcing the marriage...then feel bad that I'm not acknowledging dad and step mom's generous contribution
B. All parents (4)...seems silly to list them all since really only dad and step mom paying for the reception.
C. Just dad and step mom announce the wedding of ect. ect. ....then feel bad because I'm not acknowledging my other 2 parents.

HELP!
found it.... VerseIt.com

Quote:
OH yes, I forgot to mention.... I hit the 50% off motherload.... my cousin came through :) hooray for extended family that you haven't seen in over 7 years!!!

Click the image to open in full size.
Wow that's awesome!! Do you need another cousin?? ha ha ha

Susie, sorry about the toe - I think it'll be back in time for the wedding. If not I have heard of people putting on fake toe nails (like fingernails).