Photo

Bridesmaid dress SOS!!! Pressured into dress...

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 slapsappyhappy

slapsappyhappy
  • 443 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 11:52 AM

Yesterday I went shopping for a bridal dress and bridesmaid dresses. I found this dress that I love but I don't know if it is appropriate for a beach wedding in August.
    Click the image to open in full size.

I had my heart set on more of something like this in teal, something short, beachy and cute:
    Click the image to open in full size.

well before I knew what was happening 3 of the girls had put down their deposits. Now I am stressing BIGTIME! I don't know if that was the one, now I am worried that it will look like a toga party on the beach! I am getting married at Moon Palace in Cancun next August, and while I love the first dress I had a picture in my mind of some short cute blue dresses on the beach, and now I have a long formal dress, but the bridesmaids LOVE it.... I have 8 bridesmaids so that will be a lot of one shouldered-ness in my pics! Plus I had wanted something short b/c it will be so hot but the reception will be in ac and the girls said the fabric is so light that it doesn't matter and long looks better in pics. The deposit was $300 so I don't know if it would be worth paying them back to get another dress or seeing if the bridal salon will let me switch the deposit to another dress. The receipt says "nonrefundable, nonexchangeable..etc." so I am guessing not.

Please help I do not know if I am panicking b/c it is a done deal and permanent or if I would have come back to them eventually anyway. I still have almost a year! I was just so overwhelmed yesterday and everything happened so quickly, HELP HELP HELP I could not sleep over this!

#2 beachbum

beachbum
    • 351 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 11:59 AM

I like the blue one. It's a lot of one shoulder, but, I think the color is fabulous!

#3 MayBride2010

MayBride2010
      • 204 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:03 PM

I think #1 is perfect. Its gorgeous! wow.

#4 dolfinluck

dolfinluck
        • 2,424 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:23 PM

Love #1! dont worry it will look great!

#5 silverangel

silverangel
          • 216 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:40 PM

The dress will look so good on the beach...I wouldn't stress! Especially if the girls love it. The color is beautiful and I love the one shoulder! Your photos will be amazing :)

#6 baj

baj
            • 1,555 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:44 PM

I think that it is lovely dress and your BM's must be happy with it if they all put their desposits down on it. It will look great at a beach wedding.

#7 meghan

meghan
              • 832 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:45 PM

Number one is great for a beach wedding

#8 shellk

shellk
                • 1,784 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:48 PM

i think the dress is nice and is fine for a beach wedding.i think you maybe panicking as you know you have a year so there is no rush and now it is done.i think the same don,t worry.if you genuinely don,t like them then call the shop before they do order them and maybe they will swith it onto something else?don,t feel bullied by your bridemaids they need to wear what you want even though they have to be a little happy too.its your day.

chill and breathe

#9 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
                  • 3,103 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 01:19 PM

It's perfect! Don't worry about it at all, especially if your bridesmaids love it, double score!

#10 roo66

roo66
                    • 1,001 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 01:24 PM

Breath and stop stressing woman lol, its a perfect shape and colour with over a year to go you may change your colours and this colour looks fab with so many other colours,pink,orange,beige,red i think youve done well to get ths girls on board so early.Just take much more time with your own dress.I would suggest you spend some time by yourself trying on and picking what you like style wise before your enthusiastic girls have you wearing something your not keen on.I personally love the long bridesmaid dress not everyone has good legs and you are still open with hair accessories gold/silver/modern/traditional jewelry,and shoes i would keep the footwear real beachy.Well done for finding something that dosent tie you down at all

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users