Sign in to follow this  
Tam

DR wedding traditions

Hello my fellow DR brides to be,

Does anyone know of any DR wedding ceremony traditions? I have only been able to find religious ones but would like to incorporate some of the country's traditions. For example, I am looking for something like how some cultures jump the broom, stomp on a glass, or have a rope configured around the B&G in a figure 8, etc.

Oh yeah, I think I did read that one a while ago... I'll have to email my wedding co-ord. and check with her...

Thanks!!

:)

Yes, please post about that tradition and what you hear back from the WC! That sounds like one I'd like to incorporate.

Thanks!

i picked our a ceremony on one of the sites, totally american and they did the one i chose, along with unity sand, bible readings, prayers, etc everything was perfect!

Go Excellence Punta Cana!

<3'

Amazing experience and wedding.

any news back from your wc on Dominican traditions? I think this would be too cool!! If I were getting married in Mexico in the Yucatan Penninsula, I would be incorporating lots of Mayan traditions! But alas, it is Dominican we have chosen so I would love to bring their culture into our wedding! :)

I have emailed the WC at Dreams Punta Cana, but have yet to hear back from her.

I have a question though, is unity sand a religious thing or a DR tradition??