DW...Where do you start???

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
  • 600 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:14 AM

Hi Brenners,
    I was married in Tulum in Feb, and my photographer went to Cozumel and shot a wedding there right after. Both are very different. Tulum is very intimate and pristine while Cozumel has so much going on and is a great party city.

#22 *Nadine*

• 5,466 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:44 AM

Congrats & Welcome!!

#23 mariusz

• Vendor
      • 205 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 10:10 AM

welcome, happy planning!

#24 jenniebey

• 842 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 12:35 PM

Congratulations on your engagement! Welcome to the forum.

#25 Huey

• 74 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 12:49 PM

Welcome and congrats! The beginning part is fun but I totally empathize with how hard it is. It's such a catch 22 - you feel like you need to details to tell people, but you also need to know where everyone is at before you can know where to start looking!

I would start with you two and your budget. Really ask yourself where you can imagine getting married and perhaps honeymooning. Then see if it's realistic for both your budget and those people who are most important for you. One thing I found really helpful was making a spreadsheet to make comparisons between different resorts, not only by comparing pricing, but seeing if things you really want are even included! In the end, I didn't even choose a resort!

#26 cbell

• 475 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 05:43 PM

Congratulations and welcome to the forum!

#27 cruisebride0410

• 178 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 05:59 PM

Congrats! Cozumel has beautiful beaches and the water is crystal clear, so a beach wedding there would be really pretty. I would just shop around - read reviews from other brides, scope out pictures, and decide what type of place you want. The options are endless! Good luck! Happy planning!

#28 Brenners

• 807 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:06 PM

I like the idea of making a spreadsheet to put it all down to see the differences between our wants/needs and budget and how that compares with our location choices. Thanks for the feedback - I think this will help me tremendously! :)

#29 BN Fotografia

BN Fotografia
                  • 217 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 10:51 PM

Congratulations and welcome to the forum!
                    There are only a handful of BDWF members getting married in Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo (Zihua) (Pacific Coast), or the surrounding area, but it is in fact quite becoming a popular spot to get married. I really like the idea of using a spread sheet also - all the key information at a glance - sounds like it would work very well.
                    I hope you have a successful planning experience and are able to find vendors you require to make your day amazing!
                    Happy to help.

#30 soon2BMrs.Prince

• 212 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 10:59 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum. I'm also pretty new to the forum and it's been so helpful from day one. Choosing a location is the hardest and most stressful, but after that it really does start to fall in place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users