Photo

Were your Guests Fans...of the Fans?!

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#11 wpg2010

wpg2010
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:15 AM

I am going to place them on the chairs at the ceremony as well. I would rather have a few left over fans than sweating guests... but I certainly will not be bringing the extras home...
    75 booked!!! WHOOOP WHOOOPP!!!

#12 Jocy

Jocy
    • 209 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 03:25 PM

Thanks ladies, i appreciate everyone's thoughts!!

Still unsure but i'm leaning towards making the fans, seems like a fun little project! :o)

#13 dawnkyeknod

dawnkyeknod
      • 303 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:57 PM

I am still debating too. I really like the fan programs but they look like a ton of work. I can make them on the computer but cutting out all of those pieces then putting them together looks like it will take a month
        I am leaning toward getting some from Oriental Trading - I will probably wrap the bottoms with ribbon like all of the other brides on here and attach a program . I like that idea. Also, like wpg2010 I would rather have them then have sweaty guests.

#14 bermduagirl

bermduagirl
        • 161 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 12:32 PM

I am in the process of making my program fans. It is time consuming and you need a lot of patience! I am happy with the way they look, but I am having problems with the cardstock paper. It doesn't appear to be thick enough. When i tried to use the fan, it was too floppy. Any suggestions on what type of paper i should use?

#15 Tonir

Tonir
          • 283 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 01:30 PM

Wow Bermudagirl you are really ahead of the game! (Or I could definitely be very behind!) I'm jealous!

#16 yumyum90

yumyum90
            • 183 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:07 PM

As a guest of an outdoor wedding in 95 degree heat, I defintely appreciated the fans! I think they are a wonderful addition to keep cool and they look beautiful as well.

#17 kkimi88

kkimi88
              • 222 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:32 PM

It's really useful to get a gauge of how well these were received. Definitely think I'm gonna go with them, better to have them not used than have people wishing they were there...

#18 hatfiehm

hatfiehm
                • 270 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:47 PM

Great post. I was also thinking of Dyi'ing these but my list is getting so long I wonder if it's a worthwhile project. I'm also thinking we don't need the program for such a short ceremony. Think the fans are out for now!

Holly

#19 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
                  • 1,008 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:57 PM

I agree that it is a long DIY project for such a short ceremony time but...... I just bought my fans from http://www.weddingfa...NSALE.html      the fans are .59!!! You can not beat that!!! It may be worth picking those up at that price rather than have people dying of heat at your ceremony

Originally Posted by hatfiehm 

Great post. I was also thinking of Dyi'ing these but my list is getting so long I wonder if it's a worthwhile project. I'm also thinking we don't need the program for such a short ceremony. Think the fans are out for now!

#20 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
                    • 1,008 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:58 PM

I also got mine in the mail the other day and they are GREAT quailty and they smell like sandelwood!! I love them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users