Photo

Photographer finds do not match budget... HELP & IDEAS wanted!?!?!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 nmoreau

nmoreau
  • 80 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 02:42 PM

I am having a hard time finding a photographer with a good portfolio that matches my budet. I am starting to think I won't find one and might have to change my strategy.

Most are coming in around $3000 to $5000, has anyone found a photographer that will do pictures for around $1000 to $2000? Or am I just way off my mark on budgeting for this area?

I feel like I have contacted A LOT and nothing seems to quite fit!

Any advice is welcome!

#2 Jess

Jess
    • 4,455 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 02:48 PM

$1000 or $2000 with travel or without?

#3 FoxyBride

FoxyBride
      • 609 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 03:16 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Jess
        $1000 or $2000 with travel or without?
        I was wondering as well since I do know photographers who are in the range if this is in addition to travel fees.

#4 TammyB

TammyB
        • 10,630 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 03:26 PM

If your not figuring in Travel, then I think it's possible to find a photographer that fits that budget. Something to keep in mind when bringing your photographer with you, Most of the time the photographer will need to stay at the resort for 2-3 days, so along with the airfare for them and and assistant, they would need to cover the cost of the room charges (most of the time the photographer and assistant share a room)

Of course having a photographer there for 2-3 days gives you so much more coverage then someone you might find locally. Best of luck, I'm sure it will work out in the end. :-)

#5 NaM

NaM
          • 2,256 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 03:27 PM

Check this thread...there are a ton of options in your prices range!
            http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t35088

#6 nmoreau

nmoreau
            • 80 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 09:35 PM

I guess we were hoping to spend a total of $2000 for everything, realizing there may be more costs once we decided what prints they actually wanted for us and family.

#7 dawnkyeknod

dawnkyeknod
              • 303 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:25 PM

We booked Claudia Rodriguez - she is in the mayan and seems to have fair prices and a nice portfolio :) Good luck

#8 DRPrincesa

DRPrincesa
                • 221 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:36 AM

I am having the same issues.  I am starting to wonder am I being unrealistic about my thousand dollar budget for a photographer?? :(

#9 JayKay

JayKay
                  • 3,472 posts
                  • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
                  • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
                  • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:48 PM

If you are looking for a photographer in the Mayan check out Citlali Rico.  She photographed my sister in laws wedding and her pictures are amazing!! Her prices arent to bad either!

#10 Pierre Violle

Pierre Violle
                  • 272 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:02 PM

Budgeting for photography is such a personal decision.  You have to remember that they are going to be responsible for "immortalizing" your wedding memories.  I've put together a WIKI for Choosing Your Wedding Photographer with some insider's tips that can hopefully help you guys narrow down your choices and get the right person on the job!

Happy Planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users