24 replies to this topic

#11 waltandjean

• 177 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 10:37 AM

I heard customs is fine as long as they are in an unopened package

#12 rach220

• 532 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 01:35 PM

I brought freezedried petals to Mexico last month and didn't have any issues. They were perfect for our flower girl to throw on the aisle and then we did a petal toss after the ceremony. I ordered from flyboynaturals.com and got a great deal on one of their clearance packages.

As for customs, I don't know if they will let you bring them in. I put my petals in several ziplock bags and spread them throughout my luggage in between clothes. And I didn't declare them on the form. I guess I took my chances, but I got lucky.

Married July 16, 2009
      Aventura Cove Palace Resort
      Riviera Maya, Mexico

photo by Misti Douglas

#13 budgetjamaicabride

• 516 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 03:09 PM

Also keep in mind that freeze dried petals - while absolutely beautiful and great - are much lighter since the moisture is removed and fly away very easily in wind.

#14 sherric80

• 70 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:22 PM

I bought mine from Silk Rose Petals & Freeze Dried Rose Petals - Petal Garden. I just ordered the variety pack since it was only $80 something for 128 cups.
          They arrived and look fine. The wedding is 1 week away so I will let you all know how they hold up & everything.

#15 amqueens

• 452 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:37 PM

Great idea! And much cheaper.. Please let us know how they work!!
            - Anne-Marie

#16 Flasong

• 340 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 06:48 PM

does anyone know if these would work being put in water for a centerpiece? instead of a whole "drowned" flower, I was thinking rose petals....

#17 sherric80

• 70 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 05:08 PM

I am now a Mrs!! The wedding was beautiful & the freeze dried petals worked perfectly for the aisle! I had no trouble getting them into Jamaica. They came to me in a large plastic bag which I just put in my suitcase. Some of the petals got a little broken from the airlines, but overall they were still in good shape. They did not fly away even though we were right on the sand in front of the ocean with a breeze. I can say that they were definately the way to go cost wise and they looked great.

#18 Sparkles8300

• 349 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by sherric80
                  You can take the petals through customs in Jamaica. I confirmed with my TA, wedding coordinator, & online at Jamaica's customs page. My WC said that many brides bring freeze dried petals because of the cost & they have never had any trouble.

I don't know about Mexico, but check with your TA or WC. You can also check the internet. Just search for Mexico customs regulations or contact Mexico's embassy in the US. Same thing for any other country.
                  Did you end up bringing the freeze dried petals into Jamaica? Did everything go OK? I just ordered a sample of 4 different colors from petalgarden.com. It's only $2 for a sample and then they include a $5 off coupon so you end up saving $3 if you do place an order wtih them. I heard on another blog that the bride ordered samples from both flyboynaturals.com and petalgarden and that petalgarden was way better quality. I was going to go with flyboy just because their site looks so nice, but they don't even have the color I want, hot pink, right now. I am glad I did a little more research and found out about this other place. I will let you know how they turn out!

My Planning Thread:http://bestdestinati....c-heavy-53105/Our Sungold Photograpy Slideshow to music:http://www.sungoldph....otter-hooters/http://tickers.Ticke....3c97/event.png

#19 maudy mac

maudy mac
                  • 31 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:12 PM

i am just going to go for the silk rose petals as I don't want to take any chances with customs!

#20 kellygrrrl

• 614 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:58 PM

my freeze dried rose petals were confiscated by customs when travelling to Mexico. they are definitely NOT ALLOWED. the customs dog sniffed them out immediately. such a bummer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users