Photo

Calling all information please!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 kburger0329

kburger0329
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 09:38 PM

Hi I'm Kayla, looking to get married at a Destination wedding next September 2010 but currently have NO ideas. I am open to any feedback any one would like to give me. Where? When? Ideas? Packages? I just started looking at a Destination wedding so I'm not even really set on a date. We got engaged last October, and booked a catering hall by us for next sept. However, I now feel that it's not what I want.
    I don't want the tradition sit down dinner, and think a Destination Wedding would be gorgeous and something that noone I know has ever done. Please offer any information you would like. Thank you!!!

#2 *Karla*

*Karla*
    • 4,854 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 09:39 PM

Congrats and Welcome to the Forum! Happy Planning

#3 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
      • 2,754 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 09:40 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum! Take the time to read all of the helpful information here...hopefully it will help you make your decision!

#4 Jenna20

Jenna20
        • 314 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 09:47 PM

Congrats and Welcome! I would say narrow down your location first. Whether it be Mexico, Dominican, Hawaii, the Carribean etc. From there you will need to either narrow down an area of say Mexico for example: Cancun, Mayan, Cabo etc. I would start with that, once you have decided on a few resorts then you can start looking into pricing. If you are looking for all inclusive, Mexico and Dominican will have more options as far as resorts go. Hawaii I don't believe offer many, if any all inclusives? However, Sandals/Beaches offer all inclusives in the Carribean. I had a friend that just got back from a wedding in Jamaica through Sandals and she said it was awesome....so really the options are endless. Happy Planning, you will find SO much useful information on here. Lots of feedback on resorts, you name it, its here! :)

#5 vlynnw

vlynnw
          • 6,003 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 09:54 PM

Congrats and welcome!! You should be able to find all the information you need on this site. Like Jenna20 said figure out your location, and then check out the threads devoted to them. That will help you to pick a resort and every detail thereafter!! Happy planning!
            Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#6 Cassie

Cassie
            • 5,341 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:06 PM

Congrats and happy planning!
              Married! -- July 11, 2010

"I hope your marriage lasts 10 dog years" -- what my 4 yr old flower girl had my sister write in my guest book!

My Planning Thread

#7 FatCracker

FatCracker
              • 192 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 11:35 PM

Congrats and welcome!
                I agree, narrow down where you want to get married and then search the threads for reviews and tips....tons of info!
                Happy planning!

#8 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
                • Vendor
                • 2,782 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 11:41 PM

Congrats, welcome and happy planning!
                  :) Dmitri

#9 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
                  • 600 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:09 AM

Welcome to the forum! Being based in NY, you have so many options. Do you want a wedding in the vineyards in France? A castle in Ireland or Germany? A beach resort wedding? An exotic beach wedding?
                    I was married in Tulum, Mexico in an ecological preserve. You can check out my picks. I also recently helped with a castle in a wedding in Germany, the pics are on my blog.
                    Good luck and have fun!

#10 ajlbuaxo

ajlbuaxo
                    • 175 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 11:37 AM

Congrats and Welcome, you will find so much here to help! Happy Planning!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users