Sign in to follow this  
MattBlum

Is My Photography Site "Destination" Enough?

I am local to Minneapolis, but I shoot a lot of destination weddings. I hesitate to eliminate my local weddings from my site altogether, but I want to place emphasis on my DW work. Do you, and a bride or groom, get enough of a sense of my DW coverage from my site? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Matt Blum Photography :: Home

Thank you,

Matt

Hey Matt, I think your site is great and targets all weddings, not just DW. You might want to show a DW, then an MN, then a DW, etc.. if you want to show people you do all weddings, but I don't even think you need to do that, its just a thought. Looks good.

Hi Matt! I love your work, you have so many beautiful pictures on your site.

Well the first pic that popped up when I opened your site, was the one of the bride with the beach in the background, so that really says DW to me. I think you showed a good mix of both types of weddings. If you want to put more emphasis on the DW portion then I think you should probably add more, I think right now its 50/50. But thats just my opinion.

Matt,

First off, Welcome!

I love your website. I think you achieve a nice balance between DW and a more traditional as well, obviously your focus is on the DW, but if I were a MN bride, I wouldn't hesitate to pick up the phone and book you.

Btw, your work is amazing...I love looking at photographer's work! It gives me so many great ideas!

Yea I agree Matt... You may want to put another breakdown under weddings titled destination weddings and put some shows there too... also add that where your coverage is...

your work is great Matt...I can see why Leigh had you at Ann's wedding...you have amazing colors in your photography.

I think your site has a good mix of DW and Local wedding. I like that the DW's are first so people can see that is your focus, but that you also still enjoy doing local work.

Welcome to BDW!

Hi Matt!

Your photography is wonderful. I think I agree with the suggestions already made - maybe break the DW into their own spot and add some more to it.

Overall, I think you are showing a pretty good mix of DW and local though.

I just looked through your website. I really like it. I think you have beautiful photos. I really do agree that you should break out a seperate section that specifically says destination. Because, although there is one picture where it clearly says Bahamas (and a few where you can obviously tell), someone coming from the outside who does NOT know you are a destination wedding photographer, might just think you took some really awesome lake shots in MN. Or they might think it was a fluke that you traveled.

I think in your ABOUT section you should say that you love to travel across the globe to cover weddings, or something like that. I also think you should maybe write out what the basic "coverage" includes.

Just my opinions, but I LOVE your work!