Photo

Document Translation from Spanish to English!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nsbride2010

nsbride2010
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:37 PM

Hi Ladies!

This is mostly directed at the Canadian brides, since it is probably a different answer for the USA! I am getting married in Dominican Republic next July and I am wondering how much it costs to have the marriage certificate from DR translated back into English? Or do you receive it in English already? My fiance and I are adding up the costs to see which we would rather do: the legal wedding down there or get married here just before leaving and have a renewal of vows.

Thanks everyone in advance!
    Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

#2 MilitaryMrs.s-to be

MilitaryMrs.s-to be
    • 553 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:02 PM

Hi there,
      I see your from Halifax, I am as well. You get your marriage licence in spanish, and the when you get home you have to get it translated back into english, I called NS vital certificates, and they said you have to have it translated by a certifted translator, I found one in the yellowpages....but I didn't ask how much it costs. It has to be done, so I didn't bother.

#3 lsmith06

lsmith06
      • 4 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 09:55 AM

Hi
        We just got all of our document translated from English to Spanish at the dominican consulate in Toronto, but I'm sure they also translate from spanish to English too. check out their website, not sure their exact URL but just do a google search.
        I think you can even do it by mail.

#4 nsbride2010

nsbride2010
        • 2,528 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 02:36 PM

Thanks for your ideas, I will definitely check it out! I have been able to find the cost from English to Spanish but back the other way is proving a challenge!
          Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users