Playa Fiesta - Average Costs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate.com View Post
I don't think you can book both together. Your guests need to book their rooms through the playa fiesta website! I believe that is the only way to do it, that is what Adam told me.
I think Kate's right - if you have booked PF on your own (ie, not through an agent), then you can't get an agent to book the rooms now. I mean, you can, but since it is non-commissioned, a TA will charge a per service fee to do this. We asked around and most TAs charged upwards of $25 per person to book the hotel room. Since the PF booking engine is so easy to work with, we decided it would be better to have our guests do it themselves.

We did offer a group rate on airfare, though, and just over half of our booked guests used it.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I spoke with Blaire recently and she said that if you book one year in advance you will save $40 per person, per night. I'm looking to book the 4 night, weekday, as a full takeover. That price starts at $84 so I have to assume that the rate will then drop to $44 per person, per night! I would then add D&E package #1 at $12.50 pp per night and have my guests pay for theirs and figuring in tax at 30%, that makes my grand total for my guests to be approximately under $300!!! Does that sound righthuh.gif? It seems awfully low in comparison to the numbers I see on this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traci7642 View Post
So I spoke with Blaire recently and she said that if you book one year in advance you will save $40 per person, per night. I'm looking to book the 4 night, weekday, as a full takeover. That price starts at $84 so I have to assume that the rate will then drop to $44 per person, per night! I would then add D&E package #1 at $12.50 pp per night and have my guests pay for theirs and figuring in tax at 30%, that makes my grand total for my guests to be approximately under $300!!! Does that sound righthuh.gif? It seems awfully low in comparison to the numbers I see on this thread.
That sounds too good to be true, but if it is true, you need to book ASAP!!! My guests paid around $150 per person, per night, and we did not charge the D&E to their rooms. PF is well worth the $150 per night, but if you can book for $50-$60 per night, well.... my jaw is on the floor. That's all I can say! :)

PF is the best place in the world to have a wedding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel&B View Post
That sounds too good to be true, but if it is true, you need to book ASAP!!! My guests paid around $150 per person, per night, and we did not charge the D&E to their rooms. PF is well worth the $150 per night, but if you can book for $50-$60 per night, well.... my jaw is on the floor. That's all I can say! :)

PF is the best place in the world to have a wedding!
I just emailed Blaire for a little more clarification. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though!!

• 3 months later...

The rate dropping 40 dollars if you book a year in advance is indeed true. These were Blaire's exact words to me: If you have your deposit down more than one year in advance of your arrival date we will deduct $40 per night off the listed Base Package price saving all your guests up to $250 during their stay.

I'm not sure how long this will be going on but just wanted to let others know.

Even with the $40 off that cost looks way too low - even as per person it looks way low. We paid much more than this, but it also depends on how many rooms you are looking to book and at what time of the year. I would recommend getting an exact cost per room (because that is what is charged, regardless of if there is 1 or 2 person per room) with tax. We got quite the shock when we saw our actual cost on the contract.

I would agree with Magalie -- the final cost on the contract was a little heart stopping.

I wanted to ask how quickly any of you brides booked a group rate on flights? I tried to do so through Flight Centre for a January 2011 wedding but the rates were very high from Toronto and Vancouver. Any suggestions?

We didn't do group rates for flights because everyone was coming from everywhere and it would have been impossible to arrange! Some found great deals (Montreal - PV for under $400 return with WestJet) and we flew from Vancouver for under $500 with Alaska.