Jump to content
RCBlondie

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by TIGERLILYODP View Post

 

 

ahhhh how beautiful! I love the trash the dress shots too .I def want to do that looks so much fun.Did you get more photos for the TTD shoot than what was shown ? :0) xx

 Yeah the photographer all together with both the wedding and trash the dress took over 700 pictures so we had to get it down to about 330. We had the $1500 package which included 236 photos and we got almost 100 extra pics which cost us over $300! It's crazy how much they charge you for extra photos but I definitely thought it was something that was worth it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is my first post here and it's not a happy one, I'm sooooo upset I'm shaking right now. I have seriously been pricing out room rates for my wedding and as of early today Dreams promotional rate was still good, I have been trying unsuccessfully to reach Lorena, the wedding coordinator fir about a week and a half now, to no avail. I called long distance several times and left her several messages and even emailed. Nothing. I finally got a hold of her yesterday afternoon and let her know i was anxious to reserve my wedding date (either Aug 25 or 26 2013) and book my rooms. She told me only Aug 30 was available, I asked her to please double check. After being on hold she told me the 26th was free. I asked how I could reserve this date and rooms, I was willing to put in all the deposits required to do this. Lorena said I had to fill out several forms, I asked her if it was the ones on the website (wedding request form) and she said no, she ad to email me these forms. I told her I had sent several emails and if she could just reply to my email with the attached forms I would send them through right away. After another long hold she said she found my email and would send me the forms. Nothing received. So I'm on the reservation site showing a go the site and wanted to let her know the rate and it's $500 more for the preferred club ocean view room, and the basic room is $200 more than the previous rate I had obtained for the preferred room!!! I'm freaking out and I call the resort to explain the situation, the girl i spoke to said that even though the promotion is still on rates can change due to availability and that there's nothing she can do but that I should call reservations tomorrow. I am so upset because I have been proactive and now there's this issue due to the wedding coordinators lack of response. I'm hoping the reservations manager can honor the previous rate otherwise I don't know what I will do :'( has anyone had to escalate any issues to upper management? If so do you ave a contact person? Thanks ladies...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by kndrashltn View Post

 

ashley822 may I ask you where your bridesmaid dresses are from? 

 

We actually just got them from a House of Brides store. My sister (MOH) and I searched online for styles and we found this Bari Jay website and loved these dresses for a beach wedding. Here's the link: http://barijay.com/style.php?style=230 They have a store locator so you can put in your zip and any bridal store that carries this brand comes up! Ours were the Seamist color :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You might want to try one of the BDW Travel Agents.  We Specialize in Destination weddings at Dreams Riviera Cancun and have a great relationship with their sales department.  You can see if we are able to get the rates for you.  You can contact us HERE!

 

You can read some of our reviews here: Wright Travel Agency ~ Destination Wedding Specialist Reviews HERE

Originally Posted by maribusta79 View Post

This is my first post here and it's not a happy one, I'm sooooo upset I'm shaking right now. I have seriously been pricing out room rates for my wedding and as of early today Dreams promotional rate was still good, I have been trying unsuccessfully to reach Lorena, the wedding coordinator fir about a week and a half now, to no avail. I called long distance several times and left her several messages and even emailed. Nothing. I finally got a hold of her yesterday afternoon and let her know i was anxious to reserve my wedding date (either Aug 25 or 26 2013) and book my rooms. She told me only Aug 30 was available, I asked her to please double check. After being on hold she told me the 26th was free. I asked how I could reserve this date and rooms, I was willing to put in all the deposits required to do this. Lorena said I had to fill out several forms, I asked her if it was the ones on the website (wedding request form) and she said no, she ad to email me these forms. I told her I had sent several emails and if she could just reply to my email with the attached forms I would send them through right away. After another long hold she said she found my email and would send me the forms. Nothing received. So I'm on the reservation site showing a go the site and wanted to let her know the rate and it's $500 more for the preferred club ocean view room, and the basic room is $200 more than the previous rate I had obtained for the preferred room!!! I'm freaking out and I call the resort to explain the situation, the girl i spoke to said that even though the promotion is still on rates can change due to availability and that there's nothing she can do but that I should call reservations tomorrow. I am so upset because I have been proactive and now there's this issue due to the wedding coordinators lack of response. I'm hoping the reservations manager can honor the previous rate otherwise I don't know what I will do cry.gif has anyone had to escalate any issues to upper management? If so do you ave a contact person? Thanks ladies...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Rach0636 View Post

 

 Yeah the photographer all together with both the wedding and trash the dress took over 700 pictures so we had to get it down to about 330. We had the $1500 package which included 236 photos and we got almost 100 extra pics which cost us over $300! It's crazy how much they charge you for extra photos but I definitely thought it was something that was worth it. 

I had to pay $500 for 50 extra pics!!!! this makes me really mad because they even told us that that was a discount!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I posted this a few pages back but we did:  wedding coordinator - $100 photographer - $100  DJ - $50 Videographer - $50 Minister - $50 Mariachi - $10 each  waitstaff/bartenders - $10-$20 each (my step dad was in charge of this so I'm not sure exactly how much) I also believe he ended up giving Jorge and the food and bevarage manager $20 each but could have been more than that. They really helped us move inside when it started raining.  [/quote Thanks for your help :) x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Savs1027 View Post

 

I had to pay $500 for 50 extra pics!!!! this makes me really mad because they even told us that that was a discount!

no way! that is crazy! Im sorry :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by maribusta79 View Post

 

This is my first post here and it's not a happy one, I'm sooooo upset I'm shaking right now. I have seriously been pricing out room rates for my wedding and as of early today Dreams promotional rate was still good, I have been trying unsuccessfully to reach Lorena, the wedding coordinator fir about a week and a half now, to no avail. I called long distance several times and left her several messages and even emailed. Nothing. I finally got a hold of her yesterday afternoon and let her know i was anxious to reserve my wedding date (either Aug 25 or 26 2013) and book my rooms. She told me only Aug 30 was available, I asked her to please double check. After being on hold she told me the 26th was free. I asked how I could reserve this date and rooms, I was willing to put in all the deposits required to do this. Lorena said I had to fill out several forms, I asked her if it was the ones on the website (wedding request form) and she said no, she ad to email me these forms. I told her I had sent several emails and if she could just reply to my email with the attached forms I would send them through right away. After another long hold she said she found my email and would send me the forms. Nothing received. So I'm on the reservation site showing a go the site and wanted to let her know the rate and it's $500 more for the preferred club ocean view room, and the basic room is $200 more than the previous rate I had obtained for the preferred room!!! I'm freaking out and I call the resort to explain the situation, the girl i spoke to said that even though the promotion is still on rates can change due to availability and that there's nothing she can do but that I should call reservations tomorrow. I am so upset because I have been proactive and now there's this issue due to the wedding coordinators lack of response. I'm hoping the reservations manager can honor the previous rate otherwise I don't know what I will do cry.gif has anyone had to escalate any issues to upper management? If so do you ave a contact person? Thanks ladies...

That sounds super frustrating. You might of already looked into it, but I would HIGHLY recommend going through a travel agent. They do all the talking back and forth for you so you dont have to deal with anyone! Its very nice. I went through Denise Canon at Travel Concepts. Here is her website if you want to just contact her and get quoted rates from her to even just compare. http://essence.travelconceptskc.com/

 

She is a long time friend with everyone at the resort and ended up getting us so many upgrades complimentary! It was amazing. And depending on how many rooms you book, you get a pretty significant discount on you and the grooms total price. We ended up getting $1500 knocked off of our total bill for hotel stay just for booking 10 rooms through her. Let me know if you have any questions!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Tammy and Rach0636 - I appreciate your feedback. Today I spoke to the resort again - first the call centre then reservations, and then the weddings department. I spoke to a fantastic lady named Gabriela (Weddings Supervisor). She was extremely professional and understanding, she is going to be getting in touch with the groups team at the resort and will try to get us the best rate possible. She was so nice she even reserved our wedding date for us for a week (no deposit) while she makes arrangements on our rates :) I emailed her after we spoke and forawrded the screen shots I had taken (soooo glad I kept those), and she responded very promply. We'll see what she can do, at least things are looking up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Ladies! cheesy.gif

 

How much have you been quoted for your bridesmaid bouquets? (or how much did you pay)

 

I've been quoted $60 + tax, thats including credit from the corsages

 

Just want to make sure im not more han i should be...

 

Only 8 weeks to go!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hello Vernicula - Congratulations on your engagement! I agree with everything MarieSam previously posted. One of the most important things when choosing an agent is there experience and their level of  expertise with destinations and resorts.  All of the Wright Travel agents have years of experience working with wedding groups, we have built excellent relationships with many resorts and we have visited, toured and stayed at many resorts in several different  destinations.  Email is one way of communication so you have everything in writing and can access this a anytime, but phone calls can be just as useful. Our goal is to make sure all of your questions are answered from beginning to end and we are happy to set up a phone call whenever you would like. Some couples prefer to only communicate via email and others also want that reassuring voice with a phone call. We can do whatever works best for each coiple.  Please let us know what questioned 
    • When it comes to having a destination wedding, I think the first and most important step is contacting an experienced travel agent who can help guide you to the perfect location and destination resort to host your festivities. This forum/website is actually owned and operated by Wright Travel Agency, which specializes in destination weddings and honeymoons. Wright Travel's team of agents have helped thousands of couples plan their dream weddings for more than a decade. This agency does NOT charge any fees to use their services so they're such a great help and resource for couples, but most importantly, their agents are experts when it comes to destination locations and properties. And they can guide you to the perfect location and resort to fit your needs and price point range. I strongly encourage you to contact Wright Travel at info@wrighttravelagency.com or you can fill out the contact form here: https://www.wrighttravelagency.com/destination-weddings/ Also you can view reviews from past couples who have used Wright Travel here: https://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/reviews/p/21494-wright-travel-agency-destination-wedding-and-honeymoon-specialists/ And lastly, here's an article on 10 reasons why you should use Wright Travel:  I hope that helps you a little as you begin your search for the perfect location for your destination wedding! This website is also a great source of ideas, insight and guidance as you plan your wedding. Best of luck 😉    
    • Hello!! My fiancé and I are planning on a destination wedding and we are wondering if there are any recommendations for a travel agency to use. I’ve emailed some I found online, but find it tough just communicating through email before we decide where to book. After we book, obviously email is convenient! We are in the Niagara Falls On area and would love to sit and meet with someone but don’t know where to start. Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thank you  
    • I’m getting married next May at the Azul Sensatori  in Cancun, I believe they have a hotel specific DJ. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on that versus spending money for an outside vendor and if so any recommendations on a good DJ in that area? Thanks for the help.
    • I admire brave brides. I'm generally afraid of a wedding. Breaking outdated rules is cool. You're good😇
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...