Originally Posted by dec2012ms
Hello everyone! I must say I'm beyond excited that I came across this website! The wedding pics that have been posted have been absolutely beautiful! I"m getting married this December, and I am interested in any advice I can get from you guys! Other than booking our wedding date and location we have had no response from the wedding coordinators which seems to be the norm from what I'm reading. We are getting married on the beach and our reception is supposed to be on the pool deck. We are expecting around 40 guests.
1.Does anyone know if you can use the long rectangular tables instead of the round table on the pool deck?
2. I have read some reviews that past brides have used outside vendors for chairs, table linens, etc. Any input on wether it is worth the trouble?
3. I"ve read some of you have brought down your own paper lanterns for the reception. Do they charge you to hang them with lights? Just wondering if it is worth it instead of paying $10 per lantern in Mexico.
4. I wasn't planning on paying for candles on the tables, but are the hanging paper lanterns enough to light the pool deck at night for a reception?
5. Any suggestions on great DJ's and photographers?
6. I was hoping not to have to pack a lot for the welcome bags. Does anyone know if there are stores close to purchase items for the welcome bags?
I would love any advice and any pictures of past weddings & receptions! Thanks- meg
Hi Meg, i dont have too much info but i have some advice....
1- yes u can tell them what kind of tables you want, ive seen pictures with people using both- its your choice
2- i would NOT use outside vendors, there is a fee and the resort has different chair options, linens, etc. u can also bring linens and things from home to save $$, but as far as going crazy with outside vendors, i dont think its necessary at all since the resort has so many weddings they know that people like.
3- not sure about this, but i did read in one post on here that they did not charge the girl to hang her lanterns- i would get this in writing tho from the coordinator.
4- i heard the lighting on the deck is very good and nothing to worry about, but again ask the coordinator for advice and if it makes u feel better get small candles from home that dont cost much but will add a little more. thats what i am going to do.
5- on this forum anel seems to be the fav. and shes not available for mine because i changed my date & i looked at some of the other photographers work and i am not worried. they all seem to do a great job, i actually dont see a difference between the other guys from adventure photos and anel. all seem good to me. i also read that the DJs the resort provides from visual sounds is good so i am using them. my Djs name is Cesar and i heard a lot of ppl rave about Mauricio but its the same company and i believe they basically work together & are pretty much the same.
6- no clue, but im glad u askd because im curious as well