Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12141 replies to this topic

#9311 LindseyM

LindseyM
  • 380 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Jess02162013 

Hi there! I get married Feb 16th! :)

I am doing the ceremony at the white gazebo and the reception in the ballroom. I can't wait! I'm still drying to nail down my colors....I wanted something with plum, but now I'm not so sure. Yikes but fun!

I think you are thinking of Dreams Cancun.  There is no white gazebo at Dreams Riviera Cancun.  They are different resorts.  :)

#9312 Katie Beth

Katie Beth
    • 20 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:45 AM

Does anyone know if the front desk will give me the room numbers to everyone in my party? I wanna be able to find people. Leaving on tues for my wedding on Friday. Still not having great feedback from Lorena.

#9313 LindseyM

LindseyM
      • 380 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Katie Beth 

Does anyone know if the front desk will give me the room numbers to everyone in my party? I wanna be able to find people. Leaving on tues for my wedding on Friday. Still not having great feedback from Lorena.

I am not sure but try emailing Eva instead.  Her email address was posted just a few pages back.  She's been very receptive to me!

#9314 tiffany0613

tiffany0613
        • 39 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:54 AM

What prices were all of you quoted for a dance floor?  I am so frustrated since I have gotten a bunch of different prices from Lorena and the DJ.

Per the wedding guide: Dance Floor for 50 people (Wood) $780

Per Lorena’s: “Lighted dance floor $800usd  + tax”

Per AVI: “the pricing for the Illuminated dance floor to fit your wedding, it will be for $700 dollars”

Per Lorena: “Actually for that price ($300usd + tax p/hour) is included the wood dance floor, the props and 2 shots of the cold fireworks.”

Per Lorena: “The cost for the lighted dance floor is $ 580 usd + tax.. and yes, the sound system for the ceremony is separate to the Dj’s service.”

I don’t understand how the original difference between the cost of the wooden dance floor ($780) and the lighted dance floor ($800) was only $20, but now I am being told the wooden floor is included and to upgrade to the lighted floor it would be a difference of $580. 

So frustrating!!

#9315 tiffany0613

tiffany0613
          • 39 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:00 AM

I am trying to figure out our times for the wedding.  I was thinking:

ceremony: 5

cocktail: 6:30 reception: 7:30-10:30   I was considering bumping back the cocktails to 6:30 instead of 6 to allow us more time for pictures and hopefully we would be able to actually make it to the cocktail hour to spend time with our guests and enjoy it too.  I know there would be a gap in time for the guests but we were thinking they could go freshen up or head to the lobby bar.  Thoughts?

#9316 Ktcblue2012

Ktcblue2012
            • Site Supporter
            • 22 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by torilvv12 

I rented my chair sashes and table overlays here in NY and brought everything with me. We originally planned to use resort lanterns set up, but because of the weather they moved our reception, so we end up not using our lanterns at all. They charge 100 for the set up. I have 12 new white lanterns, if anyone is interested I can sell they at discount.

Can you send pictures of the lanterns to kariane.combs@gmail.com?  Thanks!

Kariane

#9317 RollerBride

RollerBride
              • 204 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:46 PM

http://www.dreamsres...erc/webcam.html

There's a wedding happening on the webcam now! at the gazebo!

you can see the reception set up on the pool terrace (?) and it looks like another one set up over on the pool deck!

ahhh i'm so excited!!!!

Kip & Kate

August 4, 2012

Dreams Riviera Cancun

www.kipandkateswedding.com

30 guests

#9318 Ktcblue2012

Ktcblue2012
                • Site Supporter
                • 22 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:31 PM

I am just curious as to how many songs people are picking for the seating?  If they are doing any others for the paper signing or sand ceremony?  I guess just what is everyones plans for music before, during and after the ceremony?

Thanks for the help!

#9319 kkutnyak

kkutnyak
                  • 29 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:05 AM

Anyone do a site tour and see Now Jade too? If so, what were the reasons u choose Dreams? I am so torn... I need to stop being so indecisive and choose already! Lol. Can anyone please help?

#9320 tigerlily2435

tigerlily2435
                    • 40 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:34 AM

Two weeks until my wedding day!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users