Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)


  • Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#9271 Rach0636

Rach0636
  • Newbie
  • 119 posts

    Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:06 AM

    Originally Posted by paradisebride13 

    I am really freaking out! Prices are so high for the week I have reserved, April 17-24 2013. I checked a few travel sites and if we move the wedding to the 1st week of May it drops significantly!! What gives???? So frustrated with this.

    I was freaking out too, the prices for January are OUTRAGEOUS! but oh well I guess...



    #9272 Kthorpe

    Kthorpe
    • Newbie
    • 19 posts

      Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:12 AM

      Originally Posted by paradisebride13 

      I am really freaking out! Prices are so high for the week I have reserved, April 17-24 2013. I checked a few travel sites and if we move the wedding to the 1st week of May it drops significantly!! What gives???? So frustrated with this.

      What are your prices...my wedding is the first week of May and I can share my prices with you.



      #9273 TammyWright

      TammyWright

        Admin & Owner

      • Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

      Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:14 AM

      Originally Posted by paradisebride13 

      I am really freaking out! Prices are so high for the week I have reserved, April 17-24 2013. I checked a few travel sites and if we move the wedding to the 1st week of May it drops significantly!! What gives???? So frustrated with this.

      This is normal.  I tell my clients all the time that if they are not adamant about a date, they should do may over april because the rates are so much better.

       

      April you are in the high season (spring break, etc.)


      Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

       
      Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
       
      Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.


      #9274 Katie Beth

      Katie Beth
      • Newbie
      • 20 posts

        Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:42 AM

        My wc was switched from Yamina to Lorena as well and my wedding is next week! She finally emailed me back today to make an appt, has anyone worked w her before? Is she brand new?

        #9275 LindseyM

        LindseyM
        • Jr. Member
        • 380 posts

          Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:35 PM

          Originally Posted by Katie Beth 

          My wc was switched from Yamina to Lorena as well and my wedding is next week! She finally emailed me back today to make an appt, has anyone worked w her before? Is she brand new?

          I have finally communicated with Eva and she is CCing Lorena.  Thank goodness.  I am so sad Yamina is gone.  She was awesome.  I think Lorena is newish but Tori [above] said Lorena made her wedding day stress free.  Congrats!!!  I am 3 weeks away and I am so pumped!  



          #9276 LindseyM

          LindseyM
          • Jr. Member
          • 380 posts

            Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:38 PM

            Any suggestions for taking the gown on the plane? I am told the plane we are on does not have any closets. I am worried something will happen to my dress in the thin garment bag it is in! Thoughts?  

             

            Also I found this today and it seems helpful for other items:  http://blog.tsa.gov/...s-to-dress.html



            #9277 RollerBride

            RollerBride
            • Jr. Member
            • 204 posts

              Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:05 PM

              I got the photo package with 6 hours of coverage. This is supposed to cover everything from me being at the spa, having my hair and make-up done, getting ready to the cake cutting, dances, toasts, etc.

               

              My hair and make-up appointment is for 12:00pm (ceremony at 4pm) and all those events that are supposed to be covered in the reception probably won't be happening until about 7:30-ish(6pm reception).

               

              Does anyone have any insight on how this will work?

              will the photographers take a break between the spa and me getting ready?

              or do I have to choose the 6 hour block that i want them for (let say, 2-8pm, for example)


              Kip & Kate

              August 4, 2012

              Dreams Riviera Cancun

              www.kipandkateswedding.com

              30 guests


              #9278 Savs1027

              Savs1027
              • Site Supporter
              • 458 posts

                Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:00 PM

                Originally Posted by RollerBride 

                I got the photo package with 6 hours of coverage. This is supposed to cover everything from me being at the spa, having my hair and make-up done, getting ready to the cake cutting, dances, toasts, etc.

                 

                My hair and make-up appointment is for 12:00pm (ceremony at 4pm) and all those events that are supposed to be covered in the reception probably won't be happening until about 7:30-ish(6pm reception).

                 

                Does anyone have any insight on how this will work?

                will the photographers take a break between the spa and me getting ready?

                or do I have to choose the 6 hour block that i want them for (let say, 2-8pm, for example)

                I'm pretty sure you have to choose the 6 hour block. Anel is not going to the spa with me. She's just coming to the room at 2 to start pictures of last minute getting ready for our 3:30 ceremony. She's then staying 6 1/2 hours because we are using our 30 minutes from the rehearsal dinner we aren't having. 



                #9279 AshMarie

                AshMarie
                • Newbie
                • 17 posts

                  Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:28 AM

                  Hi everyone, my wedding is August 7th so I'm trying to get last minute things together and just had a few quick questions.  Is anyone shipping items down for the wedding, or are you bringing them on the plane?  I don't have too much stuff, just T-shirts (25) that we're having made for our guests, fans, paper lanterns for decoration, and chair sashes.  I'm not sure if it's worth it to ship it, or if I should just bring it myself in a suitcase...any thoughts???

                   

                  Also, I've been in contact with Evangelina who has been coordinating things for me.  I asked her about adding on an additional photo package and she asked if I had contacted the photographer directly.  I wasn't aware if we were supposed to do this ourselves and choose an extra package, or if she would contact them.  I hope it's not too late!

                   

                  Any advice would be helpful :)



                  #9280 Sarah-Jane

                  Sarah-Jane
                  • Newbie
                  • 91 posts

                    Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:33 AM

                    Originally Posted by AshMarie 

                    Hi everyone, my wedding is August 7th so I'm trying to get last minute things together and just had a few quick questions.  Is anyone shipping items down for the wedding, or are you bringing them on the plane?  I don't have too much stuff, just T-shirts (25) that we're having made for our guests, fans, paper lanterns for decoration, and chair sashes.  I'm not sure if it's worth it to ship it, or if I should just bring it myself in a suitcase...any thoughts???

                     

                    Also, I've been in contact with Evangelina who has been coordinating things for me.  I asked her about adding on an additional photo package and she asked if I had contacted the photographer directly.  I wasn't aware if we were supposed to do this ourselves and choose an extra package, or if she would contact them.  I hope it's not too late!

                     

                    Any advice would be helpful :)

                     

                     

                    Congrats you are 2.5 weeks before mine!!!

                     

                    Definitely DO NOT ship down, if needs be book an extra suitcase on, i have read past posts that say it is not guarenteed to clear customs and if it arrives early the hotel will not take responsibility for it, i.e it could be sitting in the office and used for someone elses wedding!

                     

                    Re: Photos you will definitely be booked in for some package if you have gone for a wedding package that has it in, i would just contact Adventure photos and book your additional package, you still have plenty of time! They are great at e-mailing back quickly too!






                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users