Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)


  • Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#9201 WPGBride

WPGBride
  • Jr. Member
  • 203 posts

    Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:28 PM

    Originally Posted by RollerBride 

    to the brides who have gotten married recently:

     

    the complimentary room for the groom the night beofre the wedding is included with most packages (based on availability).... were you able to utilize this or are the rooms usually booked?

     

    We used the extra room for the guests who weren't staying at the hotel to come to and put their stuff because they were coming early in the morning to enjoy the hotel and to get ready in as well. However you only get it till 4:00pm so your stuff has to be out at that time. The room was no problem in getting, except we had to ask for it, I don't think they would have just offered it. So definatly inquire ahead of time if you want the room.



    #9202 JQLong

    JQLong
    • Jr. Member
    • 336 posts

      Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:00 AM

      Did anyone brides have the hotel deliver the OOT bags?  I would really like to and mine out but my guest are arriving at different times.  The information guide says they will charge $3/per room and they would need the room numbers...uh....how would I know this?  I may just hand them out at the welcome dinner.


      So Amazing......July 4, 2012!!!!!!


      #9203 RollerBride

      RollerBride
      • Jr. Member
      • 204 posts

        Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:34 AM

        Originally Posted by WPGBride 

         

        We got our photo book while we were still at the resort. If we were staying only 1 week though I think it would be mailed out to us. We also got a disc with all of our photos. If you like to upload photos to Facebook and other social media sites ask for low res and high res of the same photos. The low res ones you are able to upload to social media sites and the high res ones you can print off for yourself. Also ask if you can arrange your photos in the photo book how you want because they send it out to a company who pics and chooses your photos for you, this way you will have more control of what you'd like.

        Super helpful! I've added this to my notes! Thank you!!


        Kip & Kate

        August 4, 2012

        Dreams Riviera Cancun

        www.kipandkateswedding.com

        30 guests


        #9204 ssapper

        ssapper
        • Jr. Member
        • 182 posts

          Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:30 AM

          Hi everyone ... were back and had a wonderful time. I just wanted to tell everyone not to stress... the coordinators and staff at the hotel are amazing and you can make last minute changes once you arrive (we added an hour to the reception .. changed the menu.. the ceremony.. and set up all the day before the wedding). Ill be back at the end of next month to write up a review (im waiting on my pictures). If you have any questions though feel free to ask!!



          #9205 Mariposaazul

          Mariposaazul
          • Site Supporter
          • 52 posts

            Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:49 AM

            Originally Posted by ssapper 

            Hi everyone ... were back and had a wonderful time. I just wanted to tell everyone not to stress... the coordinators and staff at the hotel are amazing and you can make last minute changes once you arrive (we added an hour to the reception .. changed the menu.. the ceremony.. and set up all the day before the wedding). Ill be back at the end of next month to write up a review (im waiting on my pictures). If you have any questions though feel free to ask!!

             Were you able to do the sky lantern. I think you mentioned the laterns in another board. Do you have some sort of timeline for the reception. I am not sure how to fit everything in 3 hours.



            #9206 LindseyM

            LindseyM
            • Jr. Member
            • 380 posts

              Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:21 AM

              Ditto to all of this. I'm nervous but doing my best to stay organized on my end so I don't freak out. I've set up a meeting 2 days before my wedding with Yamina. I'm waiting for Lorena to confirm that she will keep it. As long as she keeps that appointment I will feel ok because I know I will go over everything with her then. According to the last review that was posted a few days ago, it seems as though you can make any changes you need to once you arrive. That is what is comforting to me and let's me know that if I can make changes 2 days before, then everything will be a-ok. However it does stress me out to know that she might be the only WC....I really liked Yamina :(

              I am waiting for her to confirm our meeting too. I emailed her on the 15th and so far nothing so I will probably freak out until she replies. Yikes! Come on Lorena! I loved Yamina too. She took my deposit in person and I feel like I know her so now I'm super bummed!

              #9207 ssapper

              ssapper
              • Jr. Member
              • 182 posts

                Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:13 AM

                Originally Posted by Mariposaazul 

                 Were you able to do the sky lantern. I think you mentioned the laterns in another board. Do you have some sort of timeline for the reception. I am not sure how to fit everything in 3 hours.


                No we weren't able to do the sky lanterns, the hotel does not allow it because they are on a protected jungle/reef. As for the reception I did have a timeline and i've included it below. We also thought it was a bit tight though so we added an hour which turned out perfect!

                 

                7:05/7:10 p.m. DJ begins introducing the wedding party, starting with the parents
                7:15 p.m. The first dance.
                7:20 p.m. Dinner is served. The emcee calls 1 table up at a time spaced out by a minute or two (tables 1-8) beginning with the bride and groom.
                8:00 p.m. The music is dimmed and MOH/BM/Welcome toasts are given as guests are eating

                8:15 p.m. The cake is brought out and cut

                8:20 p.m. The father-daughter dance, which is followed by the mother-son dance.
                8:25 p.m. A dance set begins with more upbeat songs to entice most guests out of their seats and onto the dance floor.
                9:00 p.m. The bouquet toss, followed by the garter toss.
                9:00 on Dancing!!

                 

                Like I said we extended it by an hour which was great because it took all 74 of our guests a lot longer to get through the buffet and we had a lot of speeches... so adding the hour gave us about an hour of just dance time.



                #9208 ginaf61987

                ginaf61987
                • Newbie
                • 42 posts

                  Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:47 PM

                  We had our wedding renewal on the 7th of June. I'm with everyone else. The resort is amazing. I had Yamina as my WC. We meet with her the day after we arrived. She was really good. Me and my daughter's, Bridesmaids, had our hair and makeup done at the spa. They did a wonderful job. But with 5 of us it took longer than I thought. They had apt at 10:30 and mine was at 11:30. I think we got out of there at 2pm. My wedding was at 4pm. I had Santiago as my photographer. He was amazing and wonderful to work with. My bouquet was beautiful. I was very impressed with it. I have pictures on my facebook if anyone wants to see them just let me know. I did get to see my pictures before I left and got the CD. But I'm still waiting for the slideshow. If anyone has any questions just aske.



                  #9209 LindseyM

                  LindseyM
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 380 posts

                    Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:10 PM

                    Originally Posted by ginaf61987 

                    We had our wedding renewal on the 7th of June. I'm with everyone else. The resort is amazing. I had Yamina as my WC. We meet with her the day after we arrived. She was really good. Me and my daughter's, Bridesmaids, had our hair and makeup done at the spa. They did a wonderful job. But with 5 of us it took longer than I thought. They had apt at 10:30 and mine was at 11:30. I think we got out of there at 2pm. My wedding was at 4pm. I had Santiago as my photographer. He was amazing and wonderful to work with. My bouquet was beautiful. I was very impressed with it. I have pictures on my facebook if anyone wants to see them just let me know. I did get to see my pictures before I left and got the CD. But I'm still waiting for the slideshow. If anyone has any questions just aske.

                    Gina, I would love to see your photos!  Is your album public ? Can you post the link?



                    #9210 tigerlily2435

                    tigerlily2435
                    • Newbie
                    • 40 posts

                      Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:53 PM

                      Originally Posted by ginaf61987 

                      We had our wedding renewal on the 7th of June. I'm with everyone else. The resort is amazing. I had Yamina as my WC. We meet with her the day after we arrived. She was really good. Me and my daughter's, Bridesmaids, had our hair and makeup done at the spa. They did a wonderful job. But with 5 of us it took longer than I thought. They had apt at 10:30 and mine was at 11:30. I think we got out of there at 2pm. My wedding was at 4pm. I had Santiago as my photographer. He was amazing and wonderful to work with. My bouquet was beautiful. I was very impressed with it. I have pictures on my facebook if anyone wants to see them just let me know. I did get to see my pictures before I left and got the CD. But I'm still waiting for the slideshow. If anyone has any questions just aske.

                      I would love to see your photos too!  Congratulations!!






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users