Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)


  • Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#8971 tiffany0613

tiffany0613
  • Newbie
  • 39 posts

    Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:34 PM

    Originally Posted by Sarah80 

    Hey ladies,

    We got married a couple weeks ago on May 18th and we had an awesome experience.  We got there on a Wednesday and our wedding was that Friday.  We met with Yamina the day we got there to go through everything again.  We were emailing back and forth a lot a couple weeks before.  I brought my table runners and chair sashes but did everything else through the resort. 

     

    We went with DJ Mauricio Neri and he was awesome! He also did our music for the ceremony.  We met with him on Thursday afternoon and we gave him a list of songs for the ceremony and he also took good notes on his computer.  We also have him a list of songs we wanted to play at the reception and then just told him to play similar music when that list ran out. 

     

    The two nights before our wedding it rained so at 3 on our wedding day Yamina came in and asked if we wanted to move the reception to the ballroom.  I couldn’t decide because I didn’t want to move it inside but I also didn’t want it to rain.  I told her to go ask Luke (my husband) and that he could make the final decision.  He wanted it outside so we decided to keep it outside.  I am so happy that we did because the weather was perfect.  It was windy but it didn’t rain.  The following 3 nights the weather wasn’t good so we got really lucky!

    The service at the resort was amazing and we originally booked the honeymoon suite and they upgraded us to the Master suite which was awesome.  Here is my slideshow. 

     

    http://180512newman....om.mx/#/newman/

     

    Also, if anyone is interested, my husband condensed our wedding video so he could put it on facebook and show it to our friends and family so here is the link to that.

     

    The first part of the video is a little cheesy because it is a generic but the rest of it is great.  The first song that they are playing (when everyone is first getting there)we didn’t pick but the rest of the songs  are the songs that we picked during the times that they played them.  The video was just running a little slow on my computer but it might be my internet connection.  The actual video runs smooth.

     

    http://vimeo.com/43086731

     

    If you have any questions let me know!!

    Sarah,

     

    Did the hotel provide the officiant?  I'm so concerned about being able to understand the person clearly!



    #8972 Sarah80

    Sarah80
    • Newbie
    • 45 posts

      Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:48 PM

      Originally Posted by LindseyM 

      Beautiful, Sarah!!!  I am so excited for you.  It looks great.  Did you provide the words for the ceremony?  It's almost word-for-word what I sent Linda!  Lol.  I made ours up.  Did you bring home your Sand Ceremony vase?  How did you keep it from getting mixed up?  Did you carry it on the plane?  Congratulations!!!!


      Thank you! We didn't provide any wording except we wrote our own vows.  Thats funny that it is so similar to yours and you wrote yours! We did bring our sand ceremony vase home.  I just wrapped a bunch of clothes around it and it was fine.



      #8973 Sarah80

      Sarah80
      • Newbie
      • 45 posts

        Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:49 PM

        Originally Posted by tiffany0613 

        Sarah,

         

        Did the hotel provide the officiant?  I'm so concerned about being able to understand the person clearly!


        The officiant's name is Linda so make sure you request her.  I knew to ask for Linda from what past brides posted. I was really impressed with her.



        #8974 JustNoelle

        JustNoelle
        • Jr. Member
        • 271 posts

          Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:05 PM

          Originally Posted by Savs1027 


          Your welcome dinner... did you set that up with your wedding coordinator and are you paying per person?

          Unfortunately, we have to pay $12/pp. Which sucks because its an all-inclusive... We kinda wanted to get everyone together before the wedding so the families can meet and greet. Also, its going to be an all-white dinner so that'll be fun!! 

          Attached Files



          #8975 JustNoelle

          JustNoelle
          • Jr. Member
          • 271 posts

            Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:08 PM

            Originally Posted by Sarah80 

            Hey ladies,

            We got married a couple weeks ago on May 18th and we had an awesome experience.  We got there on a Wednesday and our wedding was that Friday.  We met with Yamina the day we got there to go through everything again.  We were emailing back and forth a lot a couple weeks before.  I brought my table runners and chair sashes but did everything else through the resort. 

             

            We went with DJ Mauricio Neri and he was awesome! He also did our music for the ceremony.  We met with him on Thursday afternoon and we gave him a list of songs for the ceremony and he also took good notes on his computer.  We also have him a list of songs we wanted to play at the reception and then just told him to play similar music when that list ran out. 

             

            The two nights before our wedding it rained so at 3 on our wedding day Yamina came in and asked if we wanted to move the reception to the ballroom.  I couldn’t decide because I didn’t want to move it inside but I also didn’t want it to rain.  I told her to go ask Luke (my husband) and that he could make the final decision.  He wanted it outside so we decided to keep it outside.  I am so happy that we did because the weather was perfect.  It was windy but it didn’t rain.  The following 3 nights the weather wasn’t good so we got really lucky!

            The service at the resort was amazing and we originally booked the honeymoon suite and they upgraded us to the Master suite which was awesome.  Here is my slideshow. 

             

            http://180512newman....om.mx/#/newman/

             

            Also, if anyone is interested, my husband condensed our wedding video so he could put it on facebook and show it to our friends and family so here is the link to that.

             

            The first part of the video is a little cheesy because it is a generic but the rest of it is great.  The first song that they are playing (when everyone is first getting there)we didn’t pick but the rest of the songs  are the songs that we picked during the times that they played them.  The video was just running a little slow on my computer but it might be my internet connection.  The actual video runs smooth.

             

            http://vimeo.com/43086731

             

            If you have any questions let me know!!

             

            You were such a BEAUTIFUL bride!! I love your dress. Lol @ the men trying to make a pyramid. Did you use the video from Dreams or an outside vendor? Also, I now see what everyone was talking about with the veil... I will be wearing a blusher =)



            #8976 NJ2012

            NJ2012
            • Newbie
            • 73 posts

              Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:17 PM

              Originally Posted by JustNoelle 

              Unfortunately, we have to pay $12/pp. Which sucks because its an all-inclusive... We kinda wanted to get everyone together before the wedding so the families can meet and greet. Also, its going to be an all-white dinner so that'll be fun!! 

              I KNOW ITS CRAZY RIGHT!

              pay per person for people to eat at an all inclusive place they already paid for! ugh... but oh well... can you tell me exactly what you asked the coordinator for to get this reserved? we want to do the same thing.



              #8977 Sarah80

              Sarah80
              • Newbie
              • 45 posts

                Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:22 PM

                Originally Posted by RollerBride 

                Thanks for making me cry like a baby at work.

                Everything looks so perfect! That video is really great. It helped me get an idea of the timing of everything!

                Congratulations!!!


                Thank you!!



                #8978 Sarah80

                Sarah80
                • Newbie
                • 45 posts

                  Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:25 PM

                  Originally Posted by JustNoelle 

                   

                  You were such a BEAUTIFUL bride!! I love your dress. Lol @ the men trying to make a pyramid. Did you use the video from Dreams or an outside vendor? Also, I now see what everyone was talking about with the veil... I will be wearing a blusher =)


                  Thank you! Yea that was pretty funny when they were doing the pyramid.  That was the video that was included in the Ultimate Package.  Yes the veil definitely got in the way.  Luckily my bridesmaids tucked it in the back of my dress.  I took the veil off for the reception and put on a hair clip.  I love the idea of the veil but not sure if I would wear it again if I could go back. 



                  #8979 rachallen18

                  rachallen18
                  • Newbie
                  • 33 posts

                    Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:14 PM

                    Hey Sarah! You made a beautiful bride!!! Congrats!!! Can you tell me how much you paid for your bouquet? what price did they give you? Thanks!



                    #8980 Sarah80

                    Sarah80
                    • Newbie
                    • 45 posts

                      Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:21 PM

                      Originally Posted by rachallen18 

                      Hey Sarah! You made a beautiful bride!!! Congrats!!! Can you tell me how much you paid for your bouquet? what price did they give you? Thanks!


                      Thank you :) I can't remember exactly how much I paid for it.  There was a little confusion on my bouquet before I got there but they did tell me that they can only get peonies in May and June which I have no idea if that is true.  I just knew that I really wanted peonies so that was something that I was willing to pay extra for.  Sorry I can't remember exactly! They have a print out of everything that you pay for and I am not sure where I put it. If I find it I will let you know. 






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users