Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)


  • Please log in to reply
12141 replies to this topic

#8961 yacki62

yacki62
  • Newbie
  • 78 posts

    Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:56 AM

    Originally Posted by Rach0636 

    Can I ask what everyone is having their groom wear? And the groomsmen?

    My Fiance is wearing this cotton Ludlow Suit from JCrew, it's very light weight and hopefully won't be too hot for him on the beach.  If so, than he will just take off the suit coat.  His groomsmen is wearing the same pants with just a white button down shirt. 

     

    http://www.jcrew.com...iNextCategory=3



    #8962 Newbride2013

    Newbride2013
    • Newbie
    • 52 posts

      Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:58 AM

      Just a question for anyone who had their cocktail hour at the jacuzzi. Was there seating set up for guests or did you have to pay for that set up Does anyone have a sample of their schedule for wedding day that they will give their guest to follow? Could you please email me lkkato@platinum.ca. Thinking this is probably a good idea or what is everyone else doing?

      #8963 JustNoelle

      JustNoelle
      • Jr. Member
      • 271 posts

        Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:42 AM

        Originally Posted by Savs1027 

        How is everyone distributing their OOT/welcome bags? I'm a control freak and scared to give over control to the hotel!
         

         

        We're going to distribute our OOT bags at our welcome dinner. We're having it the first night we get there at Portofino Restaurant. 

         

        This is just my opinion... It doesn't make sense for us to pay $3/pp to deliver the bags and we plan to have a welcome dinner for all our guests that same night anyway.



        #8964 LindseyM

        LindseyM
        • Jr. Member
        • 380 posts

          Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:59 AM

          Originally Posted by mnunez2 

          We arrive on Thursday July 26 and will get married on Saturday. You will still be there right? we should catch up and you can give me any last minute suggestions :)

           

          Does anyone know how much a day pass is for anyone who is not staying at the resort and just want to come hang out for a day- (not the day off the wedding?)

          Yamina quoted 55 dollars for a wedding pass.

          No... we leave the 24th.  :(  Damn for some reason I thought you came earlier!



          #8965 LindseyM

          LindseyM
          • Jr. Member
          • 380 posts

            Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:00 AM

            Originally Posted by Savs1027 

            How is everyone distributing their OOT/welcome bags? I'm a control freak and scared to give over control to the hotel!
             

            We're letting the hotel do it... we have their names embroidered on them though so I trust they will end up at the right place!



            #8966 Savs1027

            Savs1027
            • Site Supporter
            • 458 posts

              Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:05 PM

              Originally Posted by JustNoelle 

               

              We're going to distribute our OOT bags at our welcome dinner. We're having it the first night we get there at Portofino Restaurant. 

               

              This is just my opinion... It doesn't make sense for us to pay $3/pp to deliver the bags and we plan to have a welcome dinner for all our guests that same night anyway.


              Your welcome dinner... did you set that up with your wedding coordinator and are you paying per person?



              #8967 Sarah80

              Sarah80
              • Newbie
              • 45 posts

                Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:07 PM

                Hey ladies,

                We got married a couple weeks ago on May 18th and we had an awesome experience.  We got there on a Wednesday and our wedding was that Friday.  We met with Yamina the day we got there to go through everything again.  We were emailing back and forth a lot a couple weeks before.  I brought my table runners and chair sashes but did everything else through the resort. 

                 

                We went with DJ Mauricio Neri and he was awesome! He also did our music for the ceremony.  We met with him on Thursday afternoon and we gave him a list of songs for the ceremony and he also took good notes on his computer.  We also have him a list of songs we wanted to play at the reception and then just told him to play similar music when that list ran out. 

                 

                The two nights before our wedding it rained so at 3 on our wedding day Yamina came in and asked if we wanted to move the reception to the ballroom.  I couldn’t decide because I didn’t want to move it inside but I also didn’t want it to rain.  I told her to go ask Luke (my husband) and that he could make the final decision.  He wanted it outside so we decided to keep it outside.  I am so happy that we did because the weather was perfect.  It was windy but it didn’t rain.  The following 3 nights the weather wasn’t good so we got really lucky!

                The service at the resort was amazing and we originally booked the honeymoon suite and they upgraded us to the Master suite which was awesome.  Here is my slideshow. 

                 

                http://180512newman....om.mx/#/newman/

                 

                Also, if anyone is interested, my husband condensed our wedding video so he could put it on facebook and show it to our friends and family so here is the link to that.

                 

                The first part of the video is a little cheesy because it is a generic but the rest of it is great.  The first song that they are playing (when everyone is first getting there)we didn’t pick but the rest of the songs  are the songs that we picked during the times that they played them.  The video was just running a little slow on my computer but it might be my internet connection.  The actual video runs smooth.

                 

                http://vimeo.com/43086731

                 

                If you have any questions let me know!!



                #8968 torilvv12

                torilvv12
                • Newbie
                • 25 posts

                  Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:31 PM

                  Hi Sarah,

                   

                  Beautiful pictures! I love your dress, you look stunning.

                  I have few questions ....

                  I really liked your flowers, did you have to pay extra for your bouquet or was it included in the package?

                  Did you pay extra for the dance floor?

                  What time was your ceremony?

                  Sorry for a lot questions..

                   

                  Thanks!

                   

                   

                  Originally Posted by Sarah80 

                  Hey ladies,

                  We got married a couple weeks ago on May 18th and we had an awesome experience.  We got there on a Wednesday and our wedding was that Friday.  We met with Yamina the day we got there to go through everything again.  We were emailing back and forth a lot a couple weeks before.  I brought my table runners and chair sashes but did everything else through the resort. 

                   

                  We went with DJ Mauricio Neri and he was awesome! He also did our music for the ceremony.  We met with him on Thursday afternoon and we gave him a list of songs for the ceremony and he also took good notes on his computer.  We also have him a list of songs we wanted to play at the reception and then just told him to play similar music when that list ran out. 

                   

                  The two nights before our wedding it rained so at 3 on our wedding day Yamina came in and asked if we wanted to move the reception to the ballroom.  I couldn’t decide because I didn’t want to move it inside but I also didn’t want it to rain.  I told her to go ask Luke (my husband) and that he could make the final decision.  He wanted it outside so we decided to keep it outside.  I am so happy that we did because the weather was perfect.  It was windy but it didn’t rain.  The following 3 nights the weather wasn’t good so we got really lucky!

                  The service at the resort was amazing and we originally booked the honeymoon suite and they upgraded us to the Master suite which was awesome.  Here is my slideshow. 

                   

                  http://180512newman....om.mx/#/newman/

                   

                  Also, if anyone is interested, my husband condensed our wedding video so he could put it on facebook and show it to our friends and family so here is the link to that.

                   

                  The first part of the video is a little cheesy because it is a generic but the rest of it is great.  The first song that they are playing (when everyone is first getting there)we didn’t pick but the rest of the songs  are the songs that we picked during the times that they played them.  The video was just running a little slow on my computer but it might be my internet connection.  The actual video runs smooth.

                   

                  http://vimeo.com/43086731

                   

                  If you have any questions let me know!!



                  #8969 RollerBride

                  RollerBride
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 204 posts

                    Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:45 PM

                    Thanks for making me cry like a baby at work.

                    Everything looks so perfect! That video is really great. It helped me get an idea of the timing of everything!

                    Congratulations!!!

                    Originally Posted by Sarah80 

                    Hey ladies,

                    We got married a couple weeks ago on May 18th and we had an awesome experience.  We got there on a Wednesday and our wedding was that Friday.  We met with Yamina the day we got there to go through everything again.  We were emailing back and forth a lot a couple weeks before.  I brought my table runners and chair sashes but did everything else through the resort. 

                     

                    We went with DJ Mauricio Neri and he was awesome! He also did our music for the ceremony.  We met with him on Thursday afternoon and we gave him a list of songs for the ceremony and he also took good notes on his computer.  We also have him a list of songs we wanted to play at the reception and then just told him to play similar music when that list ran out. 

                     

                    The two nights before our wedding it rained so at 3 on our wedding day Yamina came in and asked if we wanted to move the reception to the ballroom.  I couldn’t decide because I didn’t want to move it inside but I also didn’t want it to rain.  I told her to go ask Luke (my husband) and that he could make the final decision.  He wanted it outside so we decided to keep it outside.  I am so happy that we did because the weather was perfect.  It was windy but it didn’t rain.  The following 3 nights the weather wasn’t good so we got really lucky!

                    The service at the resort was amazing and we originally booked the honeymoon suite and they upgraded us to the Master suite which was awesome.  Here is my slideshow. 

                     

                    http://180512newman....om.mx/#/newman/

                     

                    Also, if anyone is interested, my husband condensed our wedding video so he could put it on facebook and show it to our friends and family so here is the link to that.

                     

                    The first part of the video is a little cheesy because it is a generic but the rest of it is great.  The first song that they are playing (when everyone is first getting there)we didn’t pick but the rest of the songs  are the songs that we picked during the times that they played them.  The video was just running a little slow on my computer but it might be my internet connection.  The actual video runs smooth.

                     

                    http://vimeo.com/43086731

                     

                    If you have any questions let me know!!


                    Kip & Kate

                    August 4, 2012

                    Dreams Riviera Cancun

                    www.kipandkateswedding.com

                    30 guests


                    #8970 LindseyM

                    LindseyM
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 380 posts

                      Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:28 PM

                      Originally Posted by Sarah80 

                      Hey ladies,

                      We got married a couple weeks ago on May 18th and we had an awesome experience.  We got there on a Wednesday and our wedding was that Friday.  We met with Yamina the day we got there to go through everything again.  We were emailing back and forth a lot a couple weeks before.  I brought my table runners and chair sashes but did everything else through the resort. 

                       

                      We went with DJ Mauricio Neri and he was awesome! He also did our music for the ceremony.  We met with him on Thursday afternoon and we gave him a list of songs for the ceremony and he also took good notes on his computer.  We also have him a list of songs we wanted to play at the reception and then just told him to play similar music when that list ran out. 

                       

                      The two nights before our wedding it rained so at 3 on our wedding day Yamina came in and asked if we wanted to move the reception to the ballroom.  I couldn’t decide because I didn’t want to move it inside but I also didn’t want it to rain.  I told her to go ask Luke (my husband) and that he could make the final decision.  He wanted it outside so we decided to keep it outside.  I am so happy that we did because the weather was perfect.  It was windy but it didn’t rain.  The following 3 nights the weather wasn’t good so we got really lucky!

                      The service at the resort was amazing and we originally booked the honeymoon suite and they upgraded us to the Master suite which was awesome.  Here is my slideshow. 

                       

                      http://180512newman....om.mx/#/newman/

                       

                      Also, if anyone is interested, my husband condensed our wedding video so he could put it on facebook and show it to our friends and family so here is the link to that.

                       

                      The first part of the video is a little cheesy because it is a generic but the rest of it is great.  The first song that they are playing (when everyone is first getting there)we didn’t pick but the rest of the songs  are the songs that we picked during the times that they played them.  The video was just running a little slow on my computer but it might be my internet connection.  The actual video runs smooth.

                       

                      http://vimeo.com/43086731

                       

                      If you have any questions let me know!!

                      Beautiful, Sarah!!!  I am so excited for you.  It looks great.  Did you provide the words for the ceremony?  It's almost word-for-word what I sent Linda!  Lol.  I made ours up.  Did you bring home your Sand Ceremony vase?  How did you keep it from getting mixed up?  Did you carry it on the plane?  Congratulations!!!!






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users