Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)


  • Please log in to reply
12141 replies to this topic

#8771 kellykellz

kellykellz
  • Newbie
  • 83 posts

    Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:21 AM

    Originally Posted by mrskatieperry 

    Hi Ladies!!  Oh my goodness we leaving next friday...I'm counting down the hours!!!

     

    For the MOST part I'm not freaking out-just need to finish a few last minute things for our welcome bags. 

     

    One thing I haven't even started thinking about is the music for all of the ceremny and stuff!  We are "dancing" down the aisle to I think I Wanna Marry You, but other than that haven't thought of it.  Also haven't made any decisions about the timing of the reception with when to cut the cake and stuff...

     

    We picked a different song for each of our wedding party to enter in with...but they don't know what song it is!  LOL...so like our super tall thin friend is coming in to "will the real slim shady please stand up",.  They are all pretty funny!

     

    Any insight or help with the music stuff?  We have a DJ so I guess I'm just thinking I'll leaving it up to him except for our father/daughter, first dance and mother son songs...

     

    Happy planning!!

     

    Katie

    Congrats on your upcoming wedding! Can't wait to see your photos and your reviews. I love the music idea! 



    #8772 JustNoelle

    JustNoelle
    • Jr. Member
    • 271 posts

      Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:43 AM

      Originally Posted by mrskatieperry 

      Hi Ladies!!  Oh my goodness we leaving next friday...I'm counting down the hours!!!

       

      For the MOST part I'm not freaking out-just need to finish a few last minute things for our welcome bags. 

       

      One thing I haven't even started thinking about is the music for all of the ceremny and stuff!  We are "dancing" down the aisle to I think I Wanna Marry You, but other than that haven't thought of it.  Also haven't made any decisions about the timing of the reception with when to cut the cake and stuff...

       

      We picked a different song for each of our wedding party to enter in with...but they don't know what song it is!  LOL...so like our super tall thin friend is coming in to "will the real slim shady please stand up",.  They are all pretty funny!

       

      Any insight or help with the music stuff?  We have a DJ so I guess I'm just thinking I'll leaving it up to him except for our father/daughter, first dance and mother son songs...

       

      Happy planning!!

       

      Katie

      Congratulations!!! Everything will work out perfectly. I can't wait to see your photos and read your review.

       

      Are you bring your own DJ or using the resort's DJ? I contact DJ Doremiix and he told me that Evangelina told him that they are not allowing any outside DJs anymore. I am a little bummed out that. 



      #8773 LindseyM

      LindseyM
      • Jr. Member
      • 380 posts

        Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:17 PM

        Originally Posted by AliciaLynne 

        Hey ladies....Anyone been to Mexico during the summer and know what their night time temps are like? We went in October and it was quite chilly at night so I was just wondering if June-Aug were any better. I don't want my guest shivering at the reception =]

        It will be hot...we were there last summer.  IT was very comfortable on the beach at night.  We got engaged like 50 feet from Dreams on the beach around 10:00 pm.  :)



        #8774 mrskatieperry

        mrskatieperry
        • Newbie
        • 55 posts

          Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:53 PM

          Originally Posted by JustNoelle 

          Congratulations!!! Everything will work out perfectly. I can't wait to see your photos and read your review.

           

          Are you bring your own DJ or using the resort's DJ? I contact DJ Doremiix and he told me that Evangelina told him that they are not allowing any outside DJs anymore. I am a little bummed out that. 

          We are using the resort DJ.  The regular DJ Maricio is booked so they gave us someone else.  I forget his name but he's been really helpful.



          #8775 mrskatieperry

          mrskatieperry
          • Newbie
          • 55 posts

            Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:57 PM

            Originally Posted by mrskatieperry 

            We are using the resort DJ.  The regular DJ Maricio is booked so they gave us someone else.  I forget his name but he's been really helpful.

            His name is Edgar Cardoso



            #8776 AliciaLynne

            AliciaLynne
            • Newbie
            • 13 posts

              Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:29 PM

              Thanks for the replies ladies! The weather during the day in October was perfect but at night it dropped into the low 60's and was quite breezy. I'm happy to hear that isn't the case during the summer months =]



              #8777 ssapper

              ssapper
              • Jr. Member
              • 182 posts

                Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:17 PM

                Originally Posted by mrskatieperry 

                Hi Ladies!!  Oh my goodness we leaving next friday...I'm counting down the hours!!!

                 

                For the MOST part I'm not freaking out-just need to finish a few last minute things for our welcome bags. 

                 

                One thing I haven't even started thinking about is the music for all of the ceremny and stuff!  We are "dancing" down the aisle to I think I Wanna Marry You, but other than that haven't thought of it.  Also haven't made any decisions about the timing of the reception with when to cut the cake and stuff...

                 

                We picked a different song for each of our wedding party to enter in with...but they don't know what song it is!  LOL...so like our super tall thin friend is coming in to "will the real slim shady please stand up",.  They are all pretty funny!

                 

                Any insight or help with the music stuff?  We have a DJ so I guess I'm just thinking I'll leaving it up to him except for our father/daughter, first dance and mother son songs...

                 

                Happy planning!!

                 

                Katie


                Congrats! We just may run into you down there (we don't arrive til the 6th ... so a few days after your wedding). I cant believe its gotten here so fast!! Hope your wedding is perfect!



                #8778 BnH2013

                BnH2013
                • Newbie
                • 46 posts

                  Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:52 PM

                  Originally Posted by Corio342 

                  Just got back yesterday from mexico! Everything was better than I could have imagined. Yamina was wonderful to work with.
                  Here is the link to my shutterfly site where I uploaded all of my pictures. Santiago from adventure photos was our photographer.
                  http://drewp.shutter...m/pictures/1522

                  You looked beautiful!!! Great pics! I luved your colors, they were so vibrant. The Gazebo looked awesome! Did you bring the chair sashes yourself?

                  I luved the cupcake tower! Did they charge you extra for that?



                  #8779 bgarcia1026

                  bgarcia1026
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 45 posts

                    Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:38 AM

                    Originally Posted by tigerlily2435 

                    I purchased bags from Wedding Chicks for each guest and they just arrived last week!  They are super cute!  I'm so happy with them!  Instead of putting a lot of stuff in the bag, we are giving each guest a gift card for the resort, a card and itinerary and a box of popcorn from our favorite Chicago store. 

                     

                    Hey tigerlily, i would just double check to see if you can bring the popcorn with you into the country.  I know Mexico is super strict sometimes with what you bring into the country.

                     

                    Whats the name of the store in Chicago?  Only because I am a popcorn addict and will probably be in Chicago during October for a conference. 



                    #8780 Corio342

                    Corio342
                    • Newbie
                    • 22 posts

                      Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:38 AM

                      You looked beautiful!!! Great pics! I luved your colors, they were so vibrant. The Gazebo looked awesome! Did you bring the chair sashes yourself? I luved the cupcake tower! Did they charge you extra for that?

                      Thanks! Yes I brought the sashes. The cupcakes were $3 extra for the 20 ppl included in the ultimate package and $5 for any additional ppl. They didn't have a cupcake stand though so I brought my own (it was just a plain white cardboard one that I dressed up a little bit....easy to pack!)




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users