Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)


  • Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#8501 LindseyM

LindseyM
  • Jr. Member
  • 380 posts

    Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:33 AM

    So glad to hear that!!  They said at the store it would be but it really looked fabulous!! So reassuring!

    Originally Posted by Amanda Kirby 

    Aww Thank you, Thats crazy we have the same dress. It was perfect for the beach!

     

     

     

     



    #8502 LindseyM

    LindseyM
    • Jr. Member
    • 380 posts

      Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:37 AM

      PS - I'm debating what to wear under it!  Did you wear any bustier or anything?  I think I might just wear undies!

      Originally Posted by Amanda Kirby 

      Aww Thank you, Thats crazy we have the same dress. It was perfect for the beach!

       

       

       

       



      #8503 JustNoelle

      JustNoelle
      • Jr. Member
      • 271 posts

        Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:31 AM

        Thank your that info. I too received that same email. I was a little bummed being that I heard so much about Evangelina. I feel a little relieved that you got a chance to meet her. 

         

        Originally Posted by ahall5665 

         

         


        I actually did a site visit over the weekend and met with Lorena, I used to have Evangelina as well but am now switched to Lorena. She was very nice, very knowledgeable and answered all of my questions (and I had A LOT lol)...so don't worry your in good hands.

         

        For the ladies who haven't seen the resort yet, its absolutely beautiful!!

         

         



        #8504 kellykellz

        kellykellz
        • Newbie
        • 83 posts

          Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:40 AM

           

          Originally Posted by Savs1027 

          Yay! Another December Bride!! :) I'm getting married 12/17/12. When will you be there?? We're going there on the 13th.

           

          We're having our reception on the pool deck - the wooden area by the infinity pool. You can also have your reception on the pool terrace, in one of the restaurants, or the beach.

           

          If you google Dreams Riviera Cancun Wedding Photos alot of different slideshows will come up and you can see the different options :) That's how I figured out what I wanted!

           

           

           

          Thanks Savs1027 for the information. I will take a look at google. We will be staying until the 12th of December. :-)



          #8505 kellykellz

          kellykellz
          • Newbie
          • 83 posts

            Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:42 AM

             

            Originally Posted by Amanda Kirby 

            Well you get access to food all day long. We ate breakfast in there almost everyday and they have sandwiches and cakes, cookies, ect. You have your own bar with premium liquor like Grey Goose. We always went there for drinks when we were walking by and at night it was nice because the lobby bar is so crowded and took forever to get drinks. There is also computers just for preferred club. Just having  your own bar was worth it to me. 

             

            My family booked regular ocean view room and ended up with a great view and we snuck them into preferred club so they could drink there with us. 

             

            I wont be doing a full review since I had such a small wedding and only had the ceremony to worry about but Ill answer any questions and I will post my slideshow.

             

             

             

             

             

            Hi Amanda,

            How much extra is it to book the preferred club?? 



            #8506 kellykellz

            kellykellz
            • Newbie
            • 83 posts

              Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:49 AM

               

              Originally Posted by Amanda Kirby 

              Im pretty sure the bamboo arch is included in the wedding packages. The white drapery is also included. It costs extra to decorate it but I brought my own stuff.

               

               

               

              Amanda,

              You look stunning! I love your colors! Did you bring your own sand and sand ceremony stuff or did that come with your package? Also, did you use the salon at the resort to get your hair done? 



              #8507 Amanda Kirby

              Amanda Kirby
              • Newbie
              • 28 posts

                Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:04 PM

                Thank you so much. I brought my own stuff for sand ceremony. The blue sand is from Michaels, the white sand from the beach and I found the little bottles with corks at Hobby Lobby. They were much smaller and lighter than the kits I saw so it was better for packing. I did my own hair and makeup, (my sister did the braid).

                 

                For the Preferred Club Im not sure how much extra, we booked through CheapCaribbean, maybe $150 for the week??

                Originally Posted by kellykellz 

                 

                 

                Amanda,

                You look stunning! I love your colors! Did you bring your own sand and sand ceremony stuff or did that come with your package? Also, did you use the salon at the resort to get your hair done? 

                 

                 



                #8508 Tiny6812

                Tiny6812
                • Newbie
                • 15 posts

                  Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

                  Amanda,

                   

                  Your wedding was beautiful! I LOVED your hair!!! It is so nice to see someone who had a small, intimate wedding... My fiancee and I are only having 6 guests. I would love to see pictures from your reception. If you don't mind me asking, do you feel that the overall cost of the wedding was fairly low? I'm just wondering because I still have not received an estimate of the total cost of our wedding.

                   

                   Congratulations on your marriage! I wish you and your husband a lifetime of happiness :)

                  Originally Posted by Amanda Kirby 

                  Well you get access to food all day long. We ate breakfast in there almost everyday and they have sandwiches and cakes, cookies, ect. You have your own bar with premium liquor like Grey Goose. We always went there for drinks when we were walking by and at night it was nice because the lobby bar is so crowded and took forever to get drinks. There is also computers just for preferred club. Just having  your own bar was worth it to me. 

                   

                  My family booked regular ocean view room and ended up with a great view and we snuck them into preferred club so they could drink there with us. 

                   

                  I wont be doing a full review since I had such a small wedding and only had the ceremony to worry about but Ill answer any questions and I will post my slideshow.

                   

                   

                   

                   

                   

                   



                  #8509 Corio342

                  Corio342
                  • Newbie
                  • 22 posts

                    Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:40 PM

                    2 weeks till we leave!! So excited! What time is everyone having their ceremony?

                    #8510 Amanda Kirby

                    Amanda Kirby
                    • Newbie
                    • 28 posts

                      Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:55 AM

                      Tiny, We did the free wedding by staying 7 nights in the Preferred Club Ocean View so it made the whole trip even better. I think the pictures cost as much as the wedding would have and thats all we paid for. We just went to dinner right at 6 as a group and had Yamina bring the cake there so we didnt have to pay extra. My sister braided my hair and I did the rest. 

                       

                       

                      Thank you for the kind words. 

                      Originally Posted by Tiny6812 

                      Amanda,

                       

                      Your wedding was beautiful! I LOVED your hair!!! It is so nice to see someone who had a small, intimate wedding... My fiancee and I are only having 6 guests. I would love to see pictures from your reception. If you don't mind me asking, do you feel that the overall cost of the wedding was fairly low? I'm just wondering because I still have not received an estimate of the total cost of our wedding.

                       

                       Congratulations on your marriage! I wish you and your husband a lifetime of happiness :)

                       

                       

                       

                       






                      1 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users


                        Google (1)