Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)


  • Please log in to reply
12141 replies to this topic

#8381 aimeelaco28

aimeelaco28
  • Newbie
  • 83 posts

    Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

    Also for the sound system is it an Ipod dock? Or do I have to make a cd?



    #8382 WPGBride

    WPGBride
    • Jr. Member
    • 203 posts

      Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:54 PM


      Gina told me the sound system has a hook up for an ipod and also plays cds

      Originally Posted by aimeelaco28 

      Also for the sound system is it an Ipod dock? Or do I have to make a cd?



       



      #8383 Dominique 161

      Dominique 161
      • Jr. Member
      • 236 posts

        Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:59 PM

        Amazing! Hope you have a prefect wedding!!

        I'm getting this time next year, Would be great to hear what the weather was like

         

        Originally Posted by sweetmelissaann 

        2 day until we leave (April 18)

        6 days until we wed (April 22)

        YEAH!



         



        #8384 aimeelaco28

        aimeelaco28
        • Newbie
        • 83 posts

          Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:27 AM


          Hi WPGBride,

           

          Do you know if that includes a technician? I'd like someone to be there to kind of take control and make sure everything is playing accordingly and wasn't sure if that also included someone to be there or will it just be a sound system?

          Have you decided what your going to go with? I originally planning to have the DJ but when my fiance saw the price he flipped out lol ....So now I think we may go with the sound system but very concerned and not sure exactly what it all includes and what to expect. I'm so worried!!

           

          Originally Posted by WPGBride 


          Gina told me the sound system has a hook up for an ipod and also plays cds



           



           



          #8385 aimeelaco28

          aimeelaco28
          • Newbie
          • 83 posts

            Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:58 AM

            Sorry, one more question for you girls, for those who had Anel as your photographer did you pay her seperatly from the resort? Or was it just one big payment at the end? And does it have to be cash or will she accept credit card? eek!



            #8386 Savs1027

            Savs1027
            • Site Supporter
            • 458 posts

              Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:33 PM

              she is the resort photographer so you pay the resort for her when you pay for everything else. 
               

              Originally Posted by aimeelaco28 

              Sorry, one more question for you girls, for those who had Anel as your photographer did you pay her seperatly from the resort? Or was it just one big payment at the end? And does it have to be cash or will she accept credit card? eek!



               



              #8387 WPGBride

              WPGBride
              • Jr. Member
              • 203 posts

                Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:54 PM

                I was under the impression that it would have someone there to set it up and and get you familiar with the system. However, after that you are to use it yourself. What we are going to do is make a playlist on our ipod and just set it to play. Maybe several playlists, such as 'dance time' and 'dinner time' so we can have different music types at different times.

                Ya we also were going to originally go with the DJ but it is such an expensive price when we are only having about 25 people and dancing and music might not be the main focus.
                 

                Originally Posted by aimeelaco28 


                Hi WPGBride,

                 

                Do you know if that includes a technician? I'd like someone to be there to kind of take control and make sure everything is playing accordingly and wasn't sure if that also included someone to be there or will it just be a sound system?

                Have you decided what your going to go with? I originally planning to have the DJ but when my fiance saw the price he flipped out lol ....So now I think we may go with the sound system but very concerned and not sure exactly what it all includes and what to expect. I'm so worried!!

                 



                 



                 



                #8388 aimeelaco28

                aimeelaco28
                • Newbie
                • 83 posts

                  Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:01 AM

                  It's such a tough decision....Were having a smaller group as well about 32 people and the DJ is soo expensive...But i really didn't want to have to worry about playing the music...oh I really don't know what to do....eek! getting the wedding jitters! Getting married next month! lol

                   

                  Originally Posted by WPGBride 

                  I was under the impression that it would have someone there to set it up and and get you familiar with the system. However, after that you are to use it yourself. What we are going to do is make a playlist on our ipod and just set it to play. Maybe several playlists, such as 'dance time' and 'dinner time' so we can have different music types at different times.

                  Ya we also were going to originally go with the DJ but it is such an expensive price when we are only having about 25 people and dancing and music might not be the main focus.
                   



                   



                   



                  #8389 juliej84

                  juliej84
                  • Newbie
                  • 57 posts

                    Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:50 AM

                    Hey everyone! Getting married 2 months from today!! I really did not want to spend $200 on the resort's centerpieces for 3 tables, does anyone have any simple ideas that would be very easy to transport?



                    #8390 EmilyT

                    EmilyT
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 278 posts

                      Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:05 PM

                      THANK U for your response I appreciate it.. i thought i had seen some slideshows from them as well and they all look beautiful so yes I will use them also ( just havent heard anything about videographer and i def. want a video!! ) As far as the DJ I am happy to hear that he is good to contact and can play whatever is asked... i will use him as well then also! I am going to have someone from home help make me a playlist that would keep everyone dancing and really make my guests happy and send it to him. I believe itll be worth the time so that there is no question about the music being bad.. i have to assume that people who did not like the music did not contact him and send him a list!! i hope!! Thank you for your help!
                       Is your reception on the deck? Mine is and im wondering if i should do the dancefloor? Im thinking i might as well...
                       

                      Originally Posted by Savs1027 


                      There are a lot of people who have used the resort photographer that have posted their slide shows on here or on the resorts Facebook page. I am happy to be using the resort photographer because I am extremely pleased with all the slideshows I've seen. I've heard just through this forum that Anel is the person to go with for photography so we booked her. She is very fast at responding to all emails and is very helpful. 

                       

                      I've been iffy about the DJ just because not many people have posted reviews about him. He's been great to work with so far and I don't really think the music can be terrible if you give him your exact play list. He said he can get any music you want on your play list. We are going to use him just because it's easier than having to download all the music ourselves and have someone from our wedding party run the sound system. I am hoping it all works out!

                       



                       



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users