Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Our ceremony is on the beach but the reception is on the deck.  The deck is in the sand on the beach so it works nicely.  Have you seen my youtube videos?  It's a bunch of videos 1-11 of our tour of the resort.  It might help you..

www.youtube.com/belcantoragazza

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!

Your whole wedding looked amazing. We have now definitely decided on the Seaside Grill for our reception after watching your slide show. 

Can I ask the timings of your day. We really want the ceremony late afternoon and then a break and then the cocktail hour to start just as it starts to get dark. I know that it will be slightly different as we are getting married in may but would be nice to get an idea.

Again you and the whole wedding looked fantastic!

Thanks

Robyn 

J Just wondering how you watch your wedding slide show? Don't seem to be able to get into it? Is the seaside grill better for the reception then the pool deck ? Not sure where to have it? Can you have dancing there as well? Hope to see your pictures
The other brides have put links on so just click to view slideshow. Personally we think it is better at the seaside grill as it seems more personal where the tables are set up around the dancefloor rather than on the deck where the dance floor is at one end and the tables next to it. Just our opinion, each to their own! Good luck

My future MIL went down to see the hotel and I don't they are called fire ants but sand ants were a problem. Apparently from spilled drinks and food at the reception they were around and ended up all in the brides dress. Apparently they were bad and she ended up throwing her dress away. You have to figure when you are dining outside nature is a part of your meal wether you like it or not.

Originally Posted by aimeelaco28 View Post

Oh ok! It was a comment a past bride had wrote a long while ago and wanted to know if that was true or not....But thank goodness its not :) Do you know where on the beach receptions are usually held? Or do they let you pick wherever you want? If you don't mind me asking what made you decide on the beach over the pool deck? I'm really undecided between the two eek!

I have a group of 30-33 (final count is up in the air) and we have decided to get the DJ.  We definitely want music and the cost of the DJ vs. the cost of renting the sound equipment isn't a great enough difference to justify NOT having the DJ.  I think you will want there to be music for your guests to dance to and it's one more thing you wouldn't have to stress about if you just hire the DJ.

BTW:  Please take this from a person who STRUGGLED with the cost of the DJ for forever until I just gave in and decided it's totally worth it and not not stress over it anymore:)

Good luck:)

Katie

Originally Posted by Dominique 161 View Post

Hello,

I need some help.... I dont know what to do for my reception.

Im having the ceremony & cocktail hour on the beach, then we're having dinner on the pool terrace.

We're a group of 25,

Do i hire a DJ or go to one of the bars... What would you do if you had a group of 25?

Hi! We are getting married this Monday. We are doing the reception on the beach... no biggie, we just "bought" the iPod DJ for an hour, and we're bringing an Bose/iHome-type of device down to play our iPod playlists afterward. There is a bar on the beach w/ rope swings, and there's always Desires lounge. My group is 24 people, so I didn't want to break the bank on a DJ when some of our older crowd will likely not care whether or not "fun" music is played, and the younger guests will have just as much fun either way too since we can play our own music after the DJ packs up! I was thinking of a "technician" for the ceremony also, but I couldn't justify $180 for three or four songs worth of music... I decided to upgrade my cake instead of getting that extra hour :) Just decide what's important to you or if you'd rather spend that money elsewhere. My wedding planner (Yasmina) said it was fine to stay on the beach in our reception area for the full 3 hours, even though we only paid for 1 hour of DJ (can't justify paying for more, our group is small and we are all too laid back to care :) ) Good luck! 

Originally Posted by Dominique 161 View Post

Hello,

I need some help.... I dont know what to do for my reception.

Im having the ceremony & cocktail hour on the beach, then we're having dinner on the pool terrace.

We're a group of 25,

Do i hire a DJ or go to one of the bars... What would you do if you had a group of 25?