Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)


  • Please log in to reply
12141 replies to this topic

#7911 blondgoddesstif

blondgoddesstif
  • Newbie
  • 19 posts

    Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:55 PM

    Hello ladies! I have been pouring over page after page of this website for some time, so figured I should finally just join already! Now I can ask questions and join in discussions - Congratulations to everyone and happy to be here!

    #7912 Dominique 161

    Dominique 161
    • Jr. Member
    • 236 posts

      Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:50 AM

      Im not on the list anymore... adding my name again

       

      /24/2012 Bud and Jackie

      2/25/2012 Mariah and Jens
      3/4/2012 faeriesxist83 (shelly and Jim)
      3/18/2012 William and Kate
      3/24/2012 Eric and Tracie
      4/21/2012 Ankswt03 (Amanda and Jeremy)
      4/22/2012 SweetMelissa (Melissa & Nick)
      4/22/2012 Ariane1126 (Tessa and Ryan)
      4/24/2012 Amer & Charlotte
      5/12/2012 Dimplesandsuga
      5/13/2012 Day_rog (Dana and Damien)
      5/16/2012 Corio342 (Corey and Andrew)
      5/18/2012 Sarah80 (Sarah and Luke)
      5/21/2012 CKNMVS
      5/23/2012 Aimeelaco28
      5/24/2012 weddingprincess (Shannon & Brad)
      6/3/2012 Mrskatieperry (Katie and PJ)
      6/9/2012 Ssapper
      6/14/2012 torilvv12 (Victoria & Yura)
      6/18/2012 juliej84 (Julie and Ash)
      6/22/2012 blondgoddesstif (Tif and Tony)
      6/30/2012 rachallen18 (Rachel & Allen)
      7/20/2012 LindseyM (Lindsey & Kevin)
      7/26/2012 JulyDrcBride (Sophie & Rafael)
      7/28/2012 Mnunez
      8/4/12 Kip and Kate (RollerBride)

      8/7/2012 Nj2012 (Nikki & Joe)
      8/10/12 Annie & Jon
      8/24/2012 Sarah-Jane (Sarah and James)
      9/1/2012 Cbandemer (Colleen & Brian)
      9/2/2012 Ktcblue2012 (Kariane & Nathan)
      11/19/2012 melinmontana (Melissa and Kael)
      12/01/12 mcree (Christy and Brian)
      12/17/2012 Savs1027 (Savanah and John)
      4/19/201 Dominique161
      4/27/2013 Vika Yakovleva (Vika & Anthony)
      5/3/2013 Kthorpe



      #7913 juliej84

      juliej84
      • Newbie
      • 57 posts

        Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:26 AM


        Welcome to the forum!! I am getting married June 18th! And it looks like we may run into eachother!!!!! Let me know what questions you have...
         

        Originally Posted by blondgoddesstif 

        Hello ladies! I have been pouring over page after page of this website for some time, so figured I should finally just join already! Now I can ask questions and join in discussions - Congratulations to everyone and happy to be here!


         



        #7914 WPGBride

        WPGBride
        • Jr. Member
        • 203 posts

          Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:30 AM

          lol yes I would think she is lying too, sound travels over water so.... Anyways there's nothing I can do about it now so I'm thinking I shouldn't stress over it. I am using the resort DJ so I hope they're good, I havent' really put much thought into the music part yet, but are there better DJ's than others at the resort? What about you, who are you using for a DJ? And since I'm getting married before you I'll let you know if you can really hear the other wedding party or not :P that is if you want to know, or pretend like you can't hear it lol.
           

          Originally Posted by mrskatieperry 


          Hey girl!  I'm so glad you were pleasently surprised!  I was too when I first saw it.  I've looked at as many pictures as I could find of an ariel view of the hotel to see how close they are.  I don't know how much you'll be able to hear the other wedding. My travel agent 3 way called Evangelina and asked her flat out if it would interfere and she said absolutely not....who knows if she's lying but I just feel like pretending she's telling the truth-LOL.  My wedding is June 3rd.  I saw you're May 10th so just a month before us!  Fun!  Are you using the resort DJ?
           



           



           



          #7915 WPGBride

          WPGBride
          • Jr. Member
          • 203 posts

            Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:33 AM

            Mine's been removed for awhile but here it is again.

             

            /24/2012 Bud and Jackie

            2/25/2012 Mariah and Jens

            3/4/2012   faeriesxist83 (shelly and Jim)

            3/18/2012 William and Kate

            3/24/2012 Eric and Tracie

            4/21/2012 Ankswt03 (Amanda and Jeremy)

            4/22/2012 SweetMelissa (Melissa & Nick)

            4/22/2012 Ariane1126 (Tessa and Ryan)

            4/24/2012 Amer & Charlotte

            5/10/2012 WPGBride (Chelsea and Mike)

            5/12/2012 Dimplesandsuga

            5/13/2012 Day_rog (Dana and Damien)

            5/16/2012 Corio342 (Corey and Andrew)

            5/18/2012  Sarah80 (Sarah and Luke)

            5/21/2012 CKNMVS

            5/23/2012 Aimeelaco28

            5/24/2012 weddingprincess (Shannon & Brad)

            6/3/2012 Mrskatieperry (Katie and PJ)

            6/9/2012 Ssapper

            6/14/2012 torilvv12 (Victoria & Yura)

            6/18/2012 juliej84 (Julie and Ash)

            6/30/2012 rachallen18 (Rachel & Allen) 

            7/20/2012 LindseyM (Lindsey & Kevin)

            7/26/2012 JulyDrcBride (Sophie & Rafael)

            7/28/2012 Mnunez

            8/4/12 Kip and Kate (RollerBride)

            8/7/2012 Nj2012 (Nikki & Joe)

            8/10/12 Annie & Jon

            8/24/2012 Sarah-Jane (Sarah and James)

            9/1/2012 Cbandemer (Colleen & Brian)

            9/2/2012  Ktcblue2012 (Kariane & Nathan)

            11/19/2012 melinmontana (Melissa and Kael)

            12/01/12  mcree (Christy and Brian)

            12/17/2012 Savs1027 (Savanah and John)

            4/27/2013 Vika Yakovleva (Vika & Anthony)

            5/3/2013 Kthorpe



            #7916 WPGBride

            WPGBride
            • Jr. Member
            • 203 posts

              Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:37 AM

              oops sorry, reincluded you Dominique

               

              /24/2012 Bud and Jackie

              2/25/2012 Mariah and Jens

              3/4/2012   faeriesxist83 (shelly and Jim)

              3/18/2012 William and Kate

              3/24/2012 Eric and Tracie

              4/21/2012 Ankswt03 (Amanda and Jeremy)

              4/22/2012 SweetMelissa (Melissa & Nick)

              4/22/2012 Ariane1126 (Tessa and Ryan)

              4/24/2012 Amer & Charlotte

              5/10/2012 WPGBride (Chelsea and Mike)

              5/12/2012 Dimplesandsuga

              5/13/2012 Day_rog (Dana and Damien)

              5/16/2012 Corio342 (Corey and Andrew)

              5/18/2012  Sarah80 (Sarah and Luke)

              5/21/2012 CKNMVS

              5/23/2012 Aimeelaco28

              5/24/2012 weddingprincess (Shannon & Brad)

              6/3/2012 Mrskatieperry (Katie and PJ)

              6/9/2012 Ssapper

              6/14/2012 torilvv12 (Victoria & Yura)

              6/18/2012 juliej84 (Julie and Ash)

              6/30/2012 rachallen18 (Rachel & Allen) 

              7/20/2012 LindseyM (Lindsey & Kevin)

              7/26/2012 JulyDrcBride (Sophie & Rafael)

              7/28/2012 Mnunez

              8/4/12 Kip and Kate (RollerBride)

              8/7/2012 Nj2012 (Nikki & Joe)

              8/10/12 Annie & Jon

              8/24/2012 Sarah-Jane (Sarah and James)

              9/1/2012 Cbandemer (Colleen & Brian)

              9/2/2012  Ktcblue2012 (Kariane & Nathan)

              11/19/2012 melinmontana (Melissa and Kael)

              12/01/12  mcree (Christy and Brian)

              12/17/2012 Savs1027 (Savanah and John)

              4/19/2013 Dominique 161

              4/27/2013 Vika Yakovleva (Vika & Anthony)

              5/3/2013 Kthorpe



              #7917 Dominique 161

              Dominique 161
              • Jr. Member
              • 236 posts

                Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:52 AM


                Lol.. Thank you
                 

                Originally Posted by WPGBride 

                oops sorry, reincluded you Dominique

                 

                /24/2012 Bud and Jackie

                2/25/2012 Mariah and Jens

                3/4/2012   faeriesxist83 (shelly and Jim)

                3/18/2012 William and Kate

                3/24/2012 Eric and Tracie

                4/21/2012 Ankswt03 (Amanda and Jeremy)

                4/22/2012 SweetMelissa (Melissa & Nick)

                4/22/2012 Ariane1126 (Tessa and Ryan)

                4/24/2012 Amer & Charlotte

                5/10/2012 WPGBride (Chelsea and Mike)

                5/12/2012 Dimplesandsuga

                5/13/2012 Day_rog (Dana and Damien)

                5/16/2012 Corio342 (Corey and Andrew)

                5/18/2012  Sarah80 (Sarah and Luke)

                5/21/2012 CKNMVS

                5/23/2012 Aimeelaco28

                5/24/2012 weddingprincess (Shannon & Brad)

                6/3/2012 Mrskatieperry (Katie and PJ)

                6/9/2012 Ssapper

                6/14/2012 torilvv12 (Victoria & Yura)

                6/18/2012 juliej84 (Julie and Ash)

                6/30/2012 rachallen18 (Rachel & Allen) 

                7/20/2012 LindseyM (Lindsey & Kevin)

                7/26/2012 JulyDrcBride (Sophie & Rafael)

                7/28/2012 Mnunez

                8/4/12 Kip and Kate (RollerBride)

                8/7/2012 Nj2012 (Nikki & Joe)

                8/10/12 Annie & Jon

                8/24/2012 Sarah-Jane (Sarah and James)

                9/1/2012 Cbandemer (Colleen & Brian)

                9/2/2012  Ktcblue2012 (Kariane & Nathan)

                11/19/2012 melinmontana (Melissa and Kael)

                12/01/12  mcree (Christy and Brian)

                12/17/2012 Savs1027 (Savanah and John)

                4/19/2013 Dominique 161

                4/27/2013 Vika Yakovleva (Vika & Anthony)

                5/3/2013 Kthorpe



                 



                #7918 mrskatieperry

                mrskatieperry
                • Newbie
                • 55 posts

                  Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:18 PM


                  LOL...don't know if I'll want to know.  I have read other reviews where people could  hear the music of other weddings, but basically when your music starts you can't even tell they are there.  I'm just hoping it's a nice easy going bride so we can just kind of accomodate eachother if we need to at any point.  I'm really going back and forth between the resort DJ (they won't allow any outside DJ's) or just renting the sound equipment and using an ipod with our own playlist...basically it ends up being $360 more for a DJ for the whole time.  I guess it's worth it--seems like now I'm just fighting any costs I can since everything is just more than I had thought it would be.  I guess even while I'm writing this I'm realizing it's worth the $360 more.  Less stress:):)

                   

                  Right now I just ned to focus on getting some of the "in love and too cozy" pounds and into "bride" shape!  That's all the stress I can bear right now!! LOL

                  Originally Posted by WPGBride 

                  lol yes I would think she is lying too, sound travels over water so.... Anyways there's nothing I can do about it now so I'm thinking I shouldn't stress over it. I am using the resort DJ so I hope they're good, I havent' really put much thought into the music part yet, but are there better DJ's than others at the resort? What about you, who are you using for a DJ? And since I'm getting married before you I'll let you know if you can really hear the other wedding party or not :P that is if you want to know, or pretend like you can't hear it lol.
                   



                   



                   



                  #7919 WPGBride

                  WPGBride
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 203 posts

                    Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:36 PM


                    Oh yes I hope the other bride will be great too, it will be horrible if she's a bridezilla or something. How much of a difference is using the DJ as opposed to the sound equipment? and would you have an entire playlist already set out for the night or have someone manning the music? Oh ya when we started this whole thing we thought it wouldn't be nearly as much as its turning out to be, even the airfare is adding up, and including at home things as well. Like an at home reception and kenneling the dogs. And ya started to lose weight but keep yo-yoing, I;ve got the gym membership and a trainer but both of those have been sidelined. Good luck losing weight, do you have any plans to start the process ?

                    Originally Posted by mrskatieperry 


                    LOL...don't know if I'll want to know.  I have read other reviews where people could  hear the music of other weddings, but basically when your music starts you can't even tell they are there.  I'm just hoping it's a nice easy going bride so we can just kind of accomodate eachother if we need to at any point.  I'm really going back and forth between the resort DJ (they won't allow any outside DJ's) or just renting the sound equipment and using an ipod with our own playlist...basically it ends up being $360 more for a DJ for the whole time.  I guess it's worth it--seems like now I'm just fighting any costs I can since everything is just more than I had thought it would be.  I guess even while I'm writing this I'm realizing it's worth the $360 more.  Less stress:):)

                     

                    Right now I just ned to focus on getting some of the "in love and too cozy" pounds and into "bride" shape!  That's all the stress I can bear right now!! LOL



                     



                     



                    #7920 melinmontana

                    melinmontana
                    • Newbie
                    • 47 posts

                      Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:15 PM


                       

                      Originally Posted by Savs1027 


                      The onsite photographer is Adventure Photos. I've heard from other brides Anel is great and that's who we booked.

                      http://dreamsriveria...ephotos.com.mx/

                       

                      I've found a lot of slide shoes from previous brides on here and they are really good!

                       

                      I think you can use an outside vendor but there is a fee or they have to be one of your wedding guests staying at the resort. Someone else may be able to help with the fee on that! 

                       



                       


                      I have Anel booked as well. She comes highly recommended from brides on this site and I love her style from pictures I've seen on here. :0) I emailed her a few weeks ago to make contact and she emailed me back. It took her a few days, as she is busy with current weddings, but she said she had me on her schedule and that I just needed to let the wedding coordinator know that Anel is who I want to take my pics. :0) 

                       

                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users